ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan Comparisons

Harrier

HR Heisman
Sep 30, 2001
I've read and heard several evaluations on 'Keegan's game' over the past several months. The two words that seem to come up most often in those conversations are: unstoppable and smooth. I agree.

But it has me thinking about who I would compare Keegan to.....................and most of you are too damn young to remember this but back in the hey day of John Wooden and UCLA's dominance, he had a player who I'm reminded of every time I see Keegan do something on the court. They didn't necessarily have the same 'game' or abilities but rather how effortless it seemed their accomplishments were achieved.

That player was (then) Keith "Silk" Wilkes..................called 'Silk' because he was so smooth. He later became Jamaal Wilkes and ultimately Jamaal Abdul-Lateef. He was a SF and, as I've noted, didn't necessarily have the power aspect that Keegan has in his game but damn if I don't see a lot of Keith Wilkes in Keegan..................of course, we're talking 50+ years ago but that's who Keegan reminds me of each time I see him on the court.

Who do you have in mind for a comparison to Keegan?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News