ADVERTISEMENT

Kellogg’s boycott

The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
-Vladimir Lenin

The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.
-Vladimir Lenin
0178f2c9593c7d838c481f9c057cacbc.jpg

Does everything need a boycott now for just saying things?
Apparently. Because people are sheep and can't hear something and go, "Hmmm, that's a good idea" or "Na, that's dumb. I'm having an $80 steak!"

For me?

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Last night I had Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner then around 9pm, I had a bowl of Rice Krispies for a "dessert".

winning GIF

Reactions: StonesCat
People have been eating cereal for breakfast for generations, but dinner is a bridge too far? So we're offended by the timing of said consumption?
Apparently, it's fine for the most important meal of the day, but Lord forbid we finish off the day with a bowl.

Be Quiet Season 2 GIF by Martin

I love nothing more that when Mrs. Manintheyellowhat is out for the evening and I am left to my own devices. Full on Jethro Bodine bowl of frosted Flakes for dinner. Won't be shamed by this movement!

So, which group of idiots are calling for the boycotts? MAGAs or Squadies? This is a tough one to figure.

The reality is "BREAKING NEWS! KELLOGS CEO WANTS PEOPLE TO EAT KELLOGS PRODUCTS OFTEN".

How is this different than Cascade telling people to wash their dishes in the dishwasher every night or Crest telling people to brush 3 times a day?

Reactions: alaskanseminole
How is this different than Cascade telling people to wash their dishes in the dishwasher every night or Crest telling people to brush 3 times a day?

Boycott is stupid, but Cascade isn’t telling people to run the dishwasher every night in response to their customers’ financial struggles - which is what the Kellogg guy did.

Dumb comment from the Kellogg guy.

Boycott is stupid, but Cascade isn’t telling people to run the dishwasher every night in response to their customers’ financial struggles - which is what the Kellogg guy did.

He's not responsible for the price of other foods. And he's saying "Hey, if you think other foods are expensive, well, we have an alternative for you." He's offering up a choice that people might not be thinking about in these tough times. Zero issue with what he's saying and don't get why anyone would.

Reactions: HawCory
He's not responsible for the price of other foods. And he's saying "Hey, if you think other foods are expensive, well, we have an alternative for you." He's offering up a choice that people might not be thinking about in these tough times. Zero issue with what he's saying and don't get why anyone would.
Zero issue with what he's saying and don't get why anyone would.
Except he did it in a tone deaf manner.

You seriously can’t see why it would be perceived by some as a “let them eat cake” statement? Come on.

Yes, I would agree that cereal is a low cost alternative for dinner, but it's not a nutritionally complete one. Dumb answer in that sense. Still no reason for a boycott.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I eat dry bran cereal as a snack.

Before covid I would pound the giant bags of Chex mix from Sam’s. Occasionally would be on sale for $3.98. Since covid it’s never less than $6.98.

So dry cereal it is. The generic stuff from ALDIs is actually damn good. Generic cereal has come a long ways in a couple decades.

They’re busy crying about being broke as they spend $22 on “craft” cocktails and $12 double iced oat milk cold-pressed hand-drip free trade organic lattes. They can’t afford cereal

Throw in crypto and NFTs(it's coming back) and you have 85% of my monthly expenses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT