ADVERTISEMENT

Keokuk Chiefs Football....

If Fry had done that KF would not be here. If KF had done that BF would have never been OC.
Bad comparison. Kirk had members of the staff lobby/vouch for him and he did have more experience compared to Mcnutt right now. Not to mention the GA year under the godfather of oline coaching at the time. Where did Mcnutt spend a year under one of the most respected WR coaches in the country?

If this were any other job the interviewer would be asking how does Mcnutt even know that he even enjoys coaching.

Had a jobsite in Keokuk ~3 years ago. Showed up one morning to needles in the port-a-potty. Literally the next day, someone went out to use it and it was occupied so he waited until… out walked a man and a woman. Locks were put on them afterwards.

I myself was doing some work outdoors one day when a woman, couldn’t have been 25 years old, came barreling out of an alley, screaming at someone. He eventually appears - must’ve been her BF. She starts walking down the street in my direction and yells “Do you WANT me to go to jail again? Because that’s what’s going to happen!” Amongst other things I don’t remember. They’re just yelling this entire time, creating a huge scene. She eventually walks right past me and her face is all red with sores like an I-don’t-know-what-type-of-addict. Proceeds to pick up a decent sized rock and throw it at a random car parked on the street and carries on her way.

Drive down any street and a solid 70% of the houses look like they should’ve been torn down 15 years ago but people are still living in them?

The people in charge don’t seem to want to help themselves, either. I’m in construction so I hear about projects or proposed projects. A larger, chain steakhouse wanted to come to Keokuk but the owner of the Hawkeye went to those in charge and made sure it didn’t happen. I also worked on renovating a veterinary clinic. The structure was torn down to its bare bones. They ripped concrete flooring up to run new drain and water lines. At one point, I specifically went up to the project manager and asked “why the hell are they doing this? Why don’t they just build a new building?” He looked me straight in the eyes and said “they wanted to. The city wouldn’t let them because they live in Missouri.”

People are trying to invest in the city and those in charge are so caught up in their own bullshit they flat out turn it away. It’s absolutely insane.

I could go on & on. Their previous city hall burned down so they purchased an ancient building from a bank to renovate as their new hall. They purchased (9) chandeliers for their main meeting quarters that cost $7,000 a piece. That was only the cost of the fixtures from the manufacturers. That didn’t include installation. Then, after the electricians had hung them per the plan’s specs, the mayor decided he wanted them to hang lower so they submitted a change order and had the electricians take them down, modify them, and re-hang them.

If the people of Keokuk knew how much money was wasted on that project, they’d be livid.

Ottumwa and Keokuk share the distinction of being the worst place in our state to live by far, with Keokuk taking the bottom spot. I couldn't imagine raising kids in either of those towns.
Get past the Roquette smell, you can live anywhere. Did student work there and now I don't even smell it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT