ADVERTISEMENT

Keokuk Chiefs Football....

I get that. Really - I understand your point.

This is more about NOT wanting Jon Budmayr as WR coach.

At least Marvin..

A) played the position
B) was good at the position

Yet here we are with Budmayr somehow……

Gosh, whenever I hear the name Budmayr I just want to sing Hallelujah.

In the " 7 got 6" game, I was in a very packed bar in Iowa City, and I vividly remember that the place got dead silent at the snap and for a second after the delivery it was still dead silent, like everyone was on pause and shock for a full beat , then the place exploded, pretty cool experience all courtesy of Stanzi and the new football coach for Keokuk. Good Luck Coach #7!

As a Keokuk native, I agree with this.

Its a tough spot. Remote, and the old industry that supported the good jobs are mostly gone.

I am not from Keokuk but have some deep ties to the area. I have ideas on how it can survive, but they would likely be too radical for those there now.

Reactions: HawkinMN
In the " 7 got 6" game, I was in a very packed bar in Iowa City, and I vividly remember that the place got dead silent at the snap and for a second after the delivery it was still dead silent, like everyone was on pause and shock for a full beat , then the place exploded, pretty cool experience all courtesy of Stanzi and the new football coach for Keokuk. Good Luck Coach #7!
Was in the stadium and it was very loud until McNutt caught the ball and then dead silence except the Iowa section.

Reactions: AlvySinger
While everyone knows that John Wayne was born in Winterset Iowa ... Did You Know: he also lived in Keokuk? Apparently lived briefly in an apartment over the pharmacy his father worked at.

I also gleaned from the same little ditty that while attending USC he played under ... Howard Jones! Cool, huh?

The More You Know ... amirite?

Knew there had to be something. Might ask the same question about Ottumwa, but don't want to derail the thread.
I'm watching the Parade of Champions at halftime of the Iowa girls high school basketball championship. Both Keokuk and Ottumwa are reigning state girls bowling champions.

It truly gets old. You can be a great player and be a horrible coach.
hi-res-354085_crop_north.jpg

As a Keokuk native, I agree with this.

Knew there had to be something. Might ask the same question about Ottumwa, but don't want to derail the thread.
Ottumwa and Keokuk share the distinction of being the worst place in our state to live by far, with Keokuk taking the bottom spot. I couldn't imagine raising kids in either of those towns.

Ottumwa and Keokuk share the distinction of being the worst place in our state to live by far, with Keokuk taking the bottom spot. I couldn't imagine raising kids in either of those towns.
Ft Dodge says hello

Ft Dodge says hello
FD is a tired town, but median household income is substantially higher, and the number of college bachelors, Masters and PhDs degree is significantly higher in Fort Dodge compared to keokuk. Also the average home value of Fort Dodge is singnficantly higher than Keokuk. Fort Dodge has a regional Medical Center affiliated with unity point. Keokuk has ZERO healthcare options as they don't have a hospital at all. Keokuk has no post secondary education and Fort Dodge has a community college. I've traveled the state of Iowa for 15 years, trust me Fort Dodge aint no Keokuk. It might be a rough town, but is nowhere blighted as keokuk. Statistics on the two can be obtained from Citidata.org.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Keokuk didn't used to be like this. It was a great town growing up. Hopefully, it can rebound.

FD is a tired town, but median household income is substantially higher, and the number of college bachelors, Masters and PhDs degree is significantly higher in Fort Dodge compared to keokuk. Also the average home value of Fort Dodge is singnficantly higher than Keokuk. Fort Dodge has a regional Medical Center affiliated with unity point. Keokuk has ZERO healthcare options as they don't have a hospital at all. Keokuk has no post secondary education and Fort Dodge has a community college. I've traveled the state of Iowa for 15 years, trust me Fort Dodge aint no Keokuk. It might be a rough town, but is nowhere blighted as keokuk. Statistics on the two can be obtained from Citidata.org.
Keokuk has SCC (Southeastern Comm College). In fact, the women's basketball team @ SCC played their games @ the old Stritch High School when the program first started.

SCC - Keokuk Campus photo album

Reactions: HawkinMN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT