ADVERTISEMENT

KF and his overall philosophy comparisons

the_hermanator

HR Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
When it comes to KF and his overall philosophy of defense wins games and the offense's main job is to just not screw up, I was trying to think of other coaches who employed that to his level.

I have two coaches in general who really employed that philosophy and they were both pretty damn successful.

The first comparison makes me laugh because this person couldn't be more different than KF as a human being, but....Bo Ryan and Wisconsin basketball. There were times watching them was like watching paint dry. With that said, their defense was always top notch and their offense's job was to support the defense. If the game went over 80 points, Wisconsin was in trouble. They had no problem with the final score being 42-38. Bo Ryan wanted to shorten the game every time out, even against inferior opponents. Sound familiar?

The second comparison is Bill Parcells. He had a different approach for sure and was all about defense defense defense. He thought if his offense got 17 points, that should be all they need. The #1 job of his offense was to not turn the ball over or screw up.

Both of those guys...their offense always stopped them from being better teams but they never really had a bad team. They were always a threat to beat anyone or lose to anyone. But defense came first and at all costs.

THE HERMENATOR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News