ADVERTISEMENT

KF has produced 13 NFL 1st Round Picks & 6 in the Last 5 Years. Not one was a 5 Star coming out of High School

Ok, Little Debbie fan.

im-just-a-little-wittle-girl-will-ferrell.gif
Tight End U!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Let’s talk about this… what was exactly wrong with the scheme & the playcalling… Break it down for me?

If you’re mad at the offensive coaches because they can’t coach guys to catch the ball or block anyone or to snap the ball correctly or to throw the ball correctly and not to make stupid ass penalties then I’m all for it…But it sounds to me like you have got kind of a simple, quick easy scheme/playcalling fix let’s hear it?
I believe Brian could knock simple and easy out of the park, complex on the other hand.....

Iowa is now tied at #25 (with ASU) - moving up from a tie at #28 (with Colorado) - with 26 first round draft picks all-time

1. Ohio State 90

2. USC 85

3. Alabama 79

4. Notre Dame 70

5. Miami (FL) 67

6. Florida 58

7. Michigan 51

8. Oklahoma 50

9. LSU 49

10. Georgia 47

10. Tennessee 47

12. Florida State 46

12. Texas 46

14. Penn State 40

15. Clemson 39

16. Michigan State 36

16. Texas A&M 36

16. UCLA 36

19. Nebraska 34

20. Auburn 32

21. Wisconsin 30

22. Washington 28

23. California 27

23. Pittsburgh 27

25. Arizona State 26

25. Iowa 26

other Big Ten:
t30. Illinois 23
t32. Purdue 22
t41. Maryland 18
t41. Minnesota 18
t52. Indiana 12
55. Northwestern 11
t82. Rutgers 3

notable:
t89. Iowa State 2

Last edited:
Cooper likely is added to this list. Cooper was "just" a 3 star prospect.

First-round NFL Draft picks under Kirk Ferentz:
#2 - Robert Gallery (2004)
#5 - Brandon Scherff (2015)
#8 - TJ Hockenson (2019)
#13 - Tristan Wirfs (2020)
#13 - Lukas Van Ness (2023)
#17 - Chad Greenway (2006)
#18 - Jack Campbell (2023)
#20 - Adrian Clayborn (2011)
#20 - Noah Fant (2019)
#23 - Bryan Bulaga (2010)
#23 - Riley Reiff (2012)
#24 - Dallas Clark (2003)
#25 - Tyler Linderbaum (2022)

Kirk is a great coach at developing talent, I don't think many people in the football world dispute that. I just wish he could be that great developing coach and be an offensive guru at the same time. :(

Let’s talk about this….

Here is what’s going to happen and why I have pretty resolutely felt like KF should be able to do his thing…. Even though I too get absolutely obnoxiously upset, watching this offense at times….

KF was the absolute answer to Iowa. It’s my opinion those fans of ours that are constantly upset about being “the laughing Stock“ of college football are desperate to get all the accolades the blue bloods.

Not likely ever going to happen to Iowa, but KF came in and installed a defense that is exemplary and then he continued to bring in talent evaluators that routinely find kids that were undervalued, misranked and under exposed.

Very, very few coaches out there that are performing at Iowas level, in that regard.

So one day very soon in all likelihood. Our defensive staff is going to go, our talent evaluators are going to go. We’re going to hire somebody that doesn’t understand the culture and they’re going to try to do it, The typical way. Chase high profile recruits and we will end up with a decent offense and we will end up with maybe an OK defense, and we will win less games and get less publicity…..

I am almost certain of this and hope badly to be proven pessimistic.

There are a lot of teams with offenses in the top 50-60% tile that are still going six and six and seven and five. That will be us eventually.

Going 5-5 vs p5 teams in the regular season with that NFL talent is even more remarkable....If only the draft was the goal of college football teams. Savor it, fellas...this weekend is almost always the pinnacle for Iowa football. Woo hooo!!!

Yep….how many teams out of 132 total would you say are doing better overall than Iowa, blhawk. I know you are one who likes to complain about our positive draft exposure, so how many teams are outperforming us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT