ADVERTISEMENT

Kid's Day check-in and updates

You seem to be incapable of rereading what I wrote and acknowledging your mistake, so I'll spoon feed it to you.

A poster asked about chunk plays and whether or not that was a concern for the defense. I mentioned Petras' long throw to Bruce and wheel route to Goodson, two throws by Padilla, and the three long runs. You somehow felt that I was indicating Padilla had more long throws than Petras and was the better QB, and needed to "correct me" by reposting a tweet of the two Petras passes I mentioned along with a 5 yard out and a 15 yard in (not long passes).

Again, worry less about attention-whoring and more about comprehending what you read. Thanks

TLDR.

And why would anyone read your nonsense.

Quit posting.

Thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
That's an over simplification. Sometimes later is better. If there is some mobility, buying some time allows for better receiver separation, longer passes, and less rushed passes. The additional key is a QB with enough moxie to quickly assess the situation, make the best decision, and execute. We didn't have that last year and we'll see if we have that this year.

Why would getting the ball out late sometimes be better? Even on those long throws, he was decisive, made the right decision, got the ball out quickly and when he needed to. He didn't need to buy time. It was impressive. That's not trying to oversimplify anything. That's simply the facts. The videos don't lie.

And I disagree. The passes did not look rushed at all. Instead, they looked precise and confident.

Spencer showed moxie, he quickly assessed the situation and make the best decisions, all the thing you and all of us are looking for.

But I do agree that we now have to see the same in games.

Why would getting the ball out late sometimes be better? Even on those long throws, he was decisive, made the right decision, got the ball out quickly and when he needed to. He didn't need to buy time. It was impressive. That's not trying to oversimplify anything. That's simply the facts. The videos don't lie.

And I disagree. The passes did not look rushed at all. Instead, they looked precise and confident.

Spencer showed moxie, he quickly assessed the situation and make the best decisions, all the thing you and all of us are looking for.

But I do agree that we now have to see the same in games.

Did you ever play football?

QUOTE="RomanHawk, post: 9171653, member: 102390"]
That's an over simplification. Sometimes later is better. If there is some mobility, buying some time allows for better receiver separation, longer passes, and less rushed passes. The additional key is a QB with enough moxie to quickly assess the situation, make the best decision, and execute. We didn't have that last year and we'll see if we have that this year.
[/QUOTE]
JFC!

Last edited:
TLDR.

And why would anyone read your nonsense.

Quit posting.

Thanks.
I’ve heard enough...,, you’re badgering the guy who was there and took the time to actually give us live updates? Most of us are grateful and this was his thread til you hijacked it.....maybe you should leave your moms’s basement once in awhile
Are you related to Frydaze?

be careful. gray hair might get mad at you and ask you to meet him at the Indiana game to settle things.

you don't want to mess with gray hair.

Didnt offer to "settle" anything. Said I would be happy to dicuss any topic you want. Are you gonna go to a game or just re-post things that people who were actually there posted?
NM-that was rhetorical-we know the answer. I suspect you would vaporize if sunlight ever came in contact with your flaccid carcass.

• Love
Reactions: HawkDub
I’ve heard enough...,, you’re badgering the guy who was there and took the time to actually give us live updates? Most of us are grateful and this was his thread til you hijacked it.....maybe you should leave your moms’s basement once in awhile
Are you related to Frydaze?

Yeah, it was a good thread until he turned into a jerk this morning.

Didnt offer to "settle" anything. Said I would be happy to dicuss any topic you want. Are you gonna go to a game or just re-post things that people who were actually there posted?
NM-that was rhetorical-we know the answer. I suspect you would vaporize if sunlight ever came in contact with your flaccid carcass.

Do you every post anything worth reading, dumb ass?

Yeah, it was a good thread until he turned into a jerk this morning.
You’re the one actually being a douche bag in this thread. You attempted to make someone who took the time to let everyone know what he saw at practice look bad by posting a bunch of Twitter clips contradicting one line in one of many of his posts all the while not considering context. So rather than being grateful like most were, you chose to be scummy.

Well, if you want to talk about speed, Spencer was getting the ball out very quickly,

I have looked at the film. Count for yourself. One, one thousand, two, one thousand, ball is out. Ball is thrown accurately. Right now, that's all we can ask for.
Yeah I agree. The caution for me is that Petras has to prove it in games where things move a lot faster and are less forgiving than anything he runs in practice. It's no question the skill is there but he has to be able to apply that to games. Even a scrimmage like yesterday is really only at 80% at most. A pick is a learning experience, and sacks don't really happen. Ferentz has often been accused over the years of not having his teams ready for real game speed and real game situations. I think you see that at QB. We all know Petras at practice looks like the real deal however we've rarely seen game Petras perform at that level. Can he win tight games with his arm. We could be in several of those this year that make or break Iowa's season and West title hopes. It doesn't help right now that he is going against a DL that is probably Iowa's worst position group by a longshot.

Reactions: dbrocket
You’re the one actually being a douche bag in this thread. You attempted to make someone who took the time to let everyone know what he saw at practice look bad by posting a bunch of Twitter clips contradicting one line in one of many of his posts all the while not considering context. So rather than being grateful like most were, you chose to be scummy.

Wrong, Garry.

I simply replied to Stallman's post about Spencer's pass to Goodson with video of that pass. For some reason Stallman got all bent out of shape about it.

And I did not contradict anything; I added to the discussion on what happened at the practice

So, quit posting a bunch of lies and quit being a douche bag in this thread.

Yeah I agree. The caution for me is that Petras has to prove it in games where things move a lot faster and are less forgiving than anything he runs in practice. It's no question the skill is there but he has to be able to apply that to games. Even a scrimmage like yesterday is really only at 80% at most. A pick is a learning experience, and sacks don't really happen. Ferentz has often been accused over the years of not having his teams ready for real game speed and real game situations. I think you see that at QB. We all know Petras at practice looks like the real deal however we've rarely seen game Petras perform at that level. Can he win tight games with his arm. We could be in several of those this year that make or break Iowa's season and West title hopes. It doesn't help right now that he is going against a DL that is probably Iowa's worst position group by a longshot.

Agreed. He now has to show in games what we saw yesterday and what we have seen in those clips with the QB coach.

What's encouraging, too, is the players running good routes (hats off to Copeland) and Spencer being accurate.

Spencer/Iowa is on a current 6 game winning streak. It would probably be 8 had Michigan and Missouri decided to play. Hopefully Spencer's confidence continues to grow as we head to Sep 4 and moving forward.

Wrong, Garry.

I simply replied to Stallman's post about Spencer's pass to Goodson with video of that pass. For some reason Stallman got all bent out of shape about it.

And I did not contradict anything; I added to the discussion on what happened at the practice

So, quit posting a bunch of lies and quit being a douche bag in this thread.

So add one more person to the "bad guy" list cuz they called you out.
That would be a "no" on the football question, apparently.

This day was also for this year's Kids Captains.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjEvMDgvODhjYzMwNzItMjAyMTA4MTRfaW93YWtpZHNkYXljYW1wcHJhY3RpY2VubzgwMDA2LmpwZw.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjEvMDgvZTczZTg1NjUtMjAyMTA4MTRfaW93YWtpZHNkYXljYW1wcHJhY3RpY2VubzgwMDEzLmpwZw.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjEvMDgvNTNlZmYyYjAtMjAyMTA4MTRfaW93YWtpZHNkYXljYW1wcHJhY3RpY2VubzgwMDE1LmpwZw.jpg

Reactions: F5n5
Even more worrisome is the general verdict that this O comprehensively beat the D (ranked #1 by espn according to a different thread) for the first time ever. Perhaps unfair but isn't that the biggest takeaway from today?

Maybe our Offense is just THAT good. 😎

Hey, HIck in Ark.

Yeah, i am really worried about these anonymous "internet enemies" that you speak of.

Good grief.
Hick comments still going strong. Love seeing you make so much sense.

I honestly think you’re the least “grown up”(using your brilliant words obviously) poster here.

Hick comments still going strong. Love seeing you make so much sense.

I honestly think you’re the least “grown up”(using your brilliant words obviously) poster here.
I love the eureka springs area. Go down a couple times a year usually.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT