ADVERTISEMENT

Kids moving to Iowa to play football this fall.

And I get it, if they have the means. Football doesn't exactly have a 100% guaranteed safety rate at any time. I hope kids in all 50 states get to play football this season, even if it's in the spring. I feel like we'd all just be better off if we could all agree on HS and college football firing up in March so everyone has 6 months to both see further progress on the medical front, and give the organizers a chance to fully plan for all the contingencies.

If he wants to play college football the opportunity will still be there no matter what happens in his senior year (short of injury). It would seem to me graduating with your lifelong friends would mean a little more than playing 9 football games with a bunch of kids you don’t know. I mean nothing more. Nor nothing less.
Their senior year could be slightly different than most ;)

That’s why baseball and softball worked.

doesn’t matter if you like it or not, that is why. Might be interesting watching power 5 schools cut $100,000,000 in spending. My guess is they will play.

no high school baseball or softball player died either as far as I know.
It also worked because there was no school ;)

I don't think I would want to associate with the kind of people who would uproot their entire family and move across the country just so their kid could play football...
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about parents who will pack up a car and take the entire family to someplace like Disney World just so their kids can have fun.

Reactions: unclesammy
You're so ignorant you made me like a post by littlez!!
Your head is in the sand on this. Lots of kids have it or had it. If it makes you sleep better at night with everything cancelled you will likely soon get your wish for college and school stuff. The kids will still get it because they are still socializing. Look at traveling sports, they are huge every weekend all over the state. You think there are some amazing protocols in place? Lol.

here is secret, there is no testing and that allows them to keep playing. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Texas start private football leagues. Not because they are better at safety protocols, instead they will not test.

Reactions: StinkyMcFadden
Your head is in the sand on this. Lots of kids have it or had it. If it makes you sleep better at night with everything cancelled you will likely soon get your wish for college and school stuff. The kids will still get it because they are still socializing. Look at traveling sports, they are huge every weekend all over the state. You think there are some amazing protocols in place? Lol.

here is secret, there is no testing and that allows them to keep playing. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Texas start private football leagues. Not because they are better at safety protocols, instead they will not test.
What are all these indoor sports being played in small rooms? Or are you so ignorant you think your risk indoor vs outdoor is similar? We arent worried about the kids, but that been mentioned to you about 10ox and you're too dumb to grasp that. No point to continue repeating the same info for you to ignore 100 more times....

What are all these indoor sports being played in small rooms? Or are you so ignorant you think your risk indoor vs outdoor is similar? We arent worried about the kids, but that been mentioned to you about 10ox and you're too dumb to grasp that. No point to continue repeating the same info for you to ignore 100 more times....

AAU basketball and indoor sports have been occurring all summer in states around the country. Friends of mine in other states have youth sports where basketball has been going on all summer. Kids and spectators have not been dying. If they were, we for sure would have heard about it. As others have said, the reason those things are occurring is because they aren't testing. If people are sick/have symptoms, they aren't allowed to play/attend.

There is no option with zero risk, including shutting everything down. The schools have been closed since March and the virus still spreads. It's a virus. We aren't able to shut down society completely, it would collapse. Literally people would not be able to eat. I am not wise enough/smart enough to know what the right answer is. I do know that just shutting everything down is not healthy for our population. I live in Missouri, where in a state of 6+ million people there has been 1 death - ONE - of persons under 20 years old. And that person had a serious underlying condition. 35 deaths under the age of 50. Every year in this state, between 725 and 900+ people die in car accidents in this state. COVID is extremely serious for those over 70, as in serious enough that age groups should be protected with whatever steps necessary.

Have a snickers

. If people are sick/have symptoms, they aren't allowed to play/attend.

If you think there aren't tons of crappy parents that'll send sick kids, you're mistaken....

And I get tired of people twisting others words into shut everything down, who has said we need to shut everything down?

If you think there aren't tons of crappy parents that'll send sick kids, you're mistaken....

And I get tired of people twisting others words into shut everything down, who has said we need to shut everything down?

Plenty of people have. No schools, no sports, no going to church, no funerals.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about parents who will pack up a car and take the entire family to someplace like Disney World just so their kids can have fun.

But you can spend 3 hours in line for one ride that you could spend 20 minutes waiting for at somewhere like Adventureland. But they have castles and princesses. Thankfully they had a lot of beer selection at Epcot.

Plenty of people have. No schools, no sports, no going to church, no funerals.
Who has said no funerals in this thread or on this forum?

I'm not sure why online service for church is an issue personally. As for the others what does that have to do with closing down life? go to the grocery store grab a steak go outside and grill out tonight enjoy some fresh air....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT