ADVERTISEMENT

"(Kim Jong Un)" speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

screen_shot_20160720_at_9.21.09_pm.png.CROP.promo-xlarge2.21.09_pm.png

If the GOP is to survive, it is going to have to cut him and his supporters from the party. Let them start their own party...

Reactions: TheCainer
I get the feeling that the posters in this thread think Trump was talking about the American people. Is that the case here?

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Like it or not, they ARE the GOP at the moment. More like it or not, the only way to curb them right now is to switch tickets. Moderate Republicans are being knocked off by either Dems or more extreme Republicans.

So far. The question I have is will the mid terms be on the U.S. election model or the Russian model?

I get the feeling that the posters in this thread think Trump was talking about the American people. Is that the case here?
Depends what he means by the phrase "my people"

At any rate, it is a very odd and disturbing thing to say.

Reactions: Moral
Link?. . . I believe it but I tend to want to see sources before I presume the truth of these things.

"I want my people to do the same." What is confusing about that?

The fact that he gestured towards the White House when he said it. That would suggest that he’s talk about the people he works with in said White House.

It wasn’t confusing.

I don't know why he would say such a thing. I'm struggling to figure out any other way to interpret it. Dumb comment in a long line of dumb comments.

I agree. I went and watched the exchange because I figured there had to be more going on or that he was taken out of context. After watching, the question didn’t even lead him there, he just went there on his own. Very concerning in my opinion.

Depends what he means by the phrase "my people"

At any rate, it is a very odd and disturbing thing to say.

He gestured towards the White House when he said it, so he was probably talking about the ones he works with in the White House.

I agree it was disturbing, but I don’t think he was serious.

The fact that he gestured towards the White House when he said it. That would suggest that he’s talk about the people he works with in said White House.

It wasn’t confusing.

Looked to me like he gestured to the person conducting the interview.

Are you under the impression that the people who work directly with Kim are not under tyrannical rule and fear for their lives every day?

Jesus Christ, no. How could you come to that when I was specifically talking about Trump and not Kim?

I wanted to defend Trump here in regards to maybe this is an old man who harkens back to the 50’s when there was a full respect for the post.

Be he used the word strong and his apparent appreciation for other countries with dictators like China, Philippines, Russia, Turkey basically means he wish he had that type of ruling in the US.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Comparing how you wish to exercise power in the US to how a brutal dictator abuses his own power is manifestly idiotic on any and every level.
I agree.

Par for the course for this President though. And his supporters barely speak out.

He gestured towards the White House when he said it, so he was probably talking about the ones he works with in the White House.

I agree it was disturbing, but I don’t think he was serious.

You said he was “probably” talking about his white house people. But you’re not sure sure are you ? Stupid thing to say for the president of the United States.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Hard to tell with him, but something a President should never say.

He seems to have an odd appreciation for dictators ...

Agreed. But it could be faux appreciation.

Look... I don’t like they way he speaks glowingly about a murderous dictator either. But if it gets North Korea to denuclearize, then it worked. If it doesn’t work, then I would expect Trump to change his tone towards North Korea.

Just a month or so ago everyone was worried about Trump starting a war because of his rhetoric towards NK. Now everyone thinks he loves Kim and wants to be just like him. Some people here need to take a stance and stick to it.

Agreed. But it could be faux appreciation.

Look... I don’t like they way he speaks glowingly about a murderous dictator either. But if it gets North Korea to denuclearize, then it worked. If it doesn’t work, then I would expect Trump to change his tone towards North Korea.

Just a month or so ago everyone was worried about Trump starting a war because of his rhetoric towards NK. Now everyone thinks he loves Kim and wants to be just like him. Some people here need to take a stance and stick to it.
But those are just two sides of the same coin. It is his extreme rhetoric that's the problem...not where he happens to be on a particular day. You take issue with people complaining about this stance or that stance...how about the man who took those two diametrically opposed stances in the first place? Why isn't HE the problem?

You said he was “probably” talking about his white house people. But you’re not sure sure are you ? Stupid thing to say for the president of the United States.

The spectrum of probably differs for everyone. For me it’s as close to certain you can get without actually making the comments yourself and knowing what you mean by it. I’m not 100% sure because I’m not a mind reader and I’m not Trump.

Do you possess such supernatural powers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT