ADVERTISEMENT

"(Kim Jong Un)" speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

The fact that he gestured towards the White House when he said it. That would suggest that he’s talk about the people he works with in said White House.

It wasn’t confusing.
Amazing you how you continue to rationalize this POtuS's words. He made a direct comparison to the people of NK to the people of USA.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Amazing you how you continue to rationalize this POtuS's words. He made a direct comparison to the people of NK to the people of USA.

Why? Because I have the ability to be rational?

Trump wasn’t witness to the people of NK standing at attention. He was however witness to Kim’s circle and advisors standing at attention.

But those are just two sides of the same coin. It is his extreme rhetoric that's the problem...not where he happens to be on a particular day. You take issue with people complaining about this stance or that stance...how about the man who took those two diametrically opposed stances in the first place? Why isn't HE the problem?

That’s a fair criticism.

If NK doesn’t denuclearize and Trump still has nice things to say about Kim, then Trump becomes the problem. I want results and he has another 2.5 years to get them.

Trump wasn’t witness to the people of NK standing at attention. He was however witness to Kim’s circle and advisors standing at attention.
Your first instinct it to say everyone misunderstood POtuS. To your credit, you did look at things a little more rationally after the post of yours that I commented on. I'd say that if you are defending the POS, you probably aren't rational though.

Reactions: BrianNole09
The spectrum of probably differs for everyone. For me it’s as close to certain you can get without actually making the comments yourself and knowing what you mean by it. I’m not 100% sure because I’m not a mind reader and I’m not Trump.

Do you possess such supernatural powers?

Nice try.

Agreed. But it could be faux appreciation.

Look... I don’t like they way he speaks glowingly about a murderous dictator either. But if it gets North Korea to denuclearize, then it worked. If it doesn’t work, then I would expect Trump to change his tone towards North Korea.

Just a month or so ago everyone was worried about Trump starting a war because of his rhetoric towards NK. Now everyone thinks he loves Kim and wants to be just like him. Some people here need to take a stance and stick to it.

Trump's attitude towards someone changes in a heartbeat based on if you are playing nice with him at the moment. Kim is playing nice with him so Trump is full of love for a murderous dictator. Later when Trump finds out that Kim's keeping his nukes he might start calling him Rocketman again.

Your first instinct it to say everyone misunderstood POtuS. To your credit, you did look at things a little more rationally after the post of yours that I commented on. I'd say that if you are defending the POS, you probably aren't rational though.

No. My first instinct was to ask everyone a clarifying question. You clarified. Thanks.

He envies Kim and said so. He is a dictator wannabe. How anyone can misunderstand him is beyond me.

WTH is happening to people who have grown up in this country and have come to this? This is not putting events together and coming up with a conclusion. This is coming directly out of his mouth in response to reporters. "I want the same for my people"

Trump's attitude towards someone changes in a heartbeat based on if you are playing nice with him at the moment. Kim is playing nice with him so Trump is full of love for a murderous dictator. Later when Trump finds out that Kim's keeping his nukes he might start calling him Rocketman again.

Agreed

The fact that he gestured towards the White House when he said it. That would suggest that he’s talk about the people he works with in said White House.

It wasn’t confusing.
Which doesn't make it any better for Trump. It shows he either is unaware of what happens to people around Kim if they disappoint him (they die or disappear) or Trump understands this and is celebrating the fact. Take your pick.

Which doesn't make it any better for Trump. It shows he either is unaware of what happens to people around Kim if they disappoint him (they die or disappear) or Trump understands this and is celebrating the fact. Take your pick.

Or he’s playing a game in which he wants NK to denuclearize.

I tend to think he was referring to staff, but you are correct that it doesn't make it that much better. He is normalizing KJU. Just after that he was talking about how he fired at least 3 generals and then said at least fired them. He's joking that Kim probabky murdered his perceived opponents. That's not great.

It wasn’t confusing.

The White House is also known as "the Peoples House", so you could argue he meant "my people" to mean the American people if he gestured toward the White House, but Trump is way too stupid to know that or form a thought that deep.

The White House is also known as "the Peoples House", so you could argue he meant "my people" to mean the American people if he gestured toward the White House, but Trump is way too stupid to know that or form a thought that deep.

I suppose you could, but you’re kind of getting into crazy girlfriend thinking territory.

trump-supporters-be-like-he-didnt-say-that-and-if-25038210.png

Yeah... Maybe next time you should nominate someone better than Hillary Clinton. Or not have her opponent be Bernie Sanders.

Those are some good ideas. You are just as much to blame for a Trump presidency as Trump supporters.

Yeah... Maybe next time you should nominate someone better than Hillary Clinton. Or not have her opponent be Bernie Sanders.

Those are some good ideas. You are just as much to blame for a Trump presidency as Trump supporters.

You continue to blame the fact that Hilary was nominated. Played a part but trump beat 16 Republicans to get the nomination. He truly is the Republican Party.

You continue to blame the fact that Hilary was nominated. Played a part but trump beat 16 Republicans to get the nomination. He truly is the Republican Party.

It didn’t just play a part. It played a huge part.

I suppose you could, but you’re kind of getting into crazy girlfriend thinking territory.

I'm just stretching for an explanation to confirm my bias against someone I don't like, I thought that was how this board worked.

Reactions: GarryO37

Her emaaaaaaails

Speaking of dumb comments
I don't think so either - Trump actually admired the Chinese government's show of strength and crackdown at Tiananmen Square!

"Donald Trump still thinks the Chinese government showed “strength” when they killed more than 200 people to crush pro-democracy student protests in 1989 — but he's not saying he agrees with what the regime did.

“That doesn’t mean I was endorsing that,” Trump said. “I said that was a strong, powerful government. They kept down the riot, it was a horrible thing.”

Trump told Playboy in a 1990 interview: "When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016.../03/donald-trump-tianamen-square-putin-220610

Reactions: FlickShagwell

I'll give you that there should have been better Democrats. But that doesn't excuse the people who continue to support him.

Reactions: longliveCS40

It wasn’t confusing.

After watching the video, I would agree that he seemed to be referring to the White House. With that said it's still disturbing and he's not the kind of guy that would stop there. His personality is one where he'd want everyone in the U.S. to stand up and solute him. He has a power issue where he feels the need to be "strong". This standing at attention for him goes along with his idea months ago about having a military parade. He's officially now competing with Un and Trump is a little upset that he doesn't have what Un has for "loyalty".

Reactions: GarryO37
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT