ADVERTISEMENT

Kimberly Potter should not have been charged with a crime at all

Reactions: lucas80
Reactions: lucas80
I know you're simple minded but do you think she's a threat to society?
Hopefully she has been “rehabilitated”…Prison us all about “rehabilitation” and not so much about punishment.
I know Northern will similarly support the two teens from Fairfield being released from prison in 15-30 years after they have been similarly rehabilitated after murdering that school teacher.
After all, that is just the type of guy Northern is. Always one for second chances. He truly is a Christian!

Hopefully she has been “rehabilitated”…Prison us all about “rehabilitation” and not so much about punishment.
I know Northern will support the two teens from Fairfield being released from prison in 15-30 years after they have been similarly rehabilitated after murdering that school teacher.
After all, that is just the type of guy Northern is. Always one for second chances. He truly is a Christian!

The fact that you mention the two cases in the same breath is really something.

Good. She deserved some level of punishment, but I had a hard time seeing the argument many went with that she acted with malice, or deserved murder charges, or even many years in prison.
Hard to believe that's the same woman in the two pictures. Hopefully she isn't in poor health, and I hope she finds something useful to do post prison.

If I recall it’s a similar sentence to what the other Minneapolis cop got. Except she clearly accidentally shot a criminal and the other guy intentionally murdered a perfectly innocent lady.
The legal system is weird.

Hopefully Ms.Potter has used this time to think about the bad choices she had made in the past that lead to her being incarcerated and taken the necessary steps to become a productive member of society going forward.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Hopefully Ms.Potter has used this time to think about the bad choices she had made in the past that lead to her being incarcerated and taken the necessary steps to become a productive member of society going forward.

Have you ever considered an English remedial class?

Isn't that "the goal"? Not saying this is the practice.......In our emotional, tribal world we live in, I have serious doubt that "prison" will ever serve its hypothetical purpose. "Justice" needs to feel good.........sending folks away makes most of us feel better about ourselves.
Should be the goal. I'm not sure it's working in the present. I'm all for executing those who can't be rehabilitated, fwiw.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT