ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk gives Update on Offensive Coordinator Search. Plans to have OC in place 2nd or 3rd wk of January. Leistikow: Chryst has Best Odds at getting Job

I have a strange feeling we will not like the hire
Well, if it is indeed from the pool for Philbin, Chryst and Ludwig, methinks you'll like this hire unless call #4 as Kirk alluded to is a family member or to Greg Davis. Rewind this process to 6 years ago, pretend BF was never here as OC and do a blind resume with those candidates...we'd all be stoked given the College and NFL pedigree and experience. Get this offense to Top 75/Top 50 coupled with PP and Iowa will indeed carve out a nice little niche in 18 team Big 10.

And signing day in less than 48 hours.
I know making a move to simply make a move is not right... But they have had almost two months to the lay the foundation for this hire. I would assume recruits are being told who it is. Brian has no business being a part of bowl prep...

Well, if we are all basing our info from Harty's tweet last week, that shouldn't carry too much weight as I'm sure Iowa can't offer already can they with a state position still actively posted?
I was basing it off of someone that played football at Iowa and has some great connections in and around the program. Philbin made the most sense to me because of KF. Feeling like JP comes in and is willing to do this for the same amount of time KF is wanting to stay around (maybe 3 years) and that would be it. Now I am not so sure.

I DO think it would be interesting if BF does NOT coach the bowl game to see who makes the calls. BUT I don't think BF will have landed something between now and the game and even if he did I still think he would want to coach the game.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Was there an implication that Brian has had some talks with teams? Who would fill in as OC if he jumped to his next stop before the bowl game?

So Brian is free to just leave whenever he wants if he gets a job before the bowl game?!? But Iowa won’t dare make a move to bring in an offensive coordinator until after the bowl game. Yea. That makes great sense. 🤦‍♂️
Like this bowl game means anything??? It means ZILCH. Let the QB call the plays for it.

Reactions: PIEPI and Iron Doc
How on earth can Brian Ferentz be allowed or have the time to interview for other positions when the prestigious Citrus Bowl Championship is on the line? I thought the staff’s entire focus would be on winning this game. We haven’t had any time to bring in an offensive coordinator I don’t see how Brian would have any time to do anything but bowl prep. 😊🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Was there an implication that Brian has had some talks with teams? Who would fill in as OC if he jumped to his next stop before the bowl game?
Tattoo Waiting GIF by 60 Second Docs

Bet the phone has been ringing off the hook.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT