ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk in Omaha today...

BigOHawk

HR Heisman
Oct 27, 2001
Omaha, NE
At Central HS looking at OL DeShawn Woods (sp?) a junior to be. Offers from ISU, Neb and SDSU right now. Buddy of mine works there and says he's "a man child". Looked at a few quick clips and he's as advertised, looks like another Wirfs. Last kid we got out of Central was Shane Prater.

Buddy texted me just a minute ago and officially offered, very cool!

At Central HS looking at OL DeShawn Woods (sp?) a junior to be. Offers from ISU, Neb and SDSU right now. Buddy of mine works there and says he's "a man child". Looked at a few quick clips and he's as advertised, looks like another Wirfs. Last kid we got out of Central was Shane Prater.

Buddy texted me just a minute ago and officially offered, very cool!
Any relation to Shaun?

Harbaugh has a commercial for Downy Wrinkle Guard.
Harbaugh has a commercial for Downy Wrinkle Guard.
MY SON IN -LAW JUST SENT ME A TEXT THAT KIRK FERENTZ AND LAVAR WOODS WERE AT FREMONT -MILLS IOWA (TABOR )(ALSO HOME OF( NATE MEIR) ON A VISIT. I WOULD ASSUME TO SEE SETH MALCOM A HARD WORKING JUNIOR THAT WOULD BE A GREAT CATCH FOR THE HAWKS.

giphy.gif

MY SON IN -LAW JUST SENT ME A TEXT THAT KIRK FERENTZ AND LAVAR WOODS WERE AT FREMONT -MILLS IOWA (TABOR )(ALSO HOME OF( NATE MEIR) ON A VISIT. I WOULD ASSUME TO SEE SETH MALCOM A HARD WORKING JUNIOR THAT WOULD BE A GREAT CATCH FOR THE HAWKS.

any insight on where he stands? I know Frost was there earlier this year too.

any insight on where he stands? I know Frost was there earlier this year too.
Wants to stay close to home. “Close” means within four hours so pretty much any school that has offered. This summer it sounded like ISU was at the top but I’m not sure now that KSU and Minnesota are in the mix. An Iowa offer would be hard to pass up but I don’t think it’s coming.

Reactions: dbrocket
Wants to stay close to home. “Close” means within four hours so pretty much any school that has offered. This summer it sounded like ISU was at the top but I’m not sure now that KSU and Minnesota are in the mix. An Iowa offer would be hard to pass up but I don’t think it’s coming.

Interesting...

Just don’t understand how Fidone & Bollers aren’t already committed. U will not get better coaching at either of their positions anywhere in the country. Not to mention our NFL success at both positions. Bollers may not even have an offer anymore. Trevor has to be somewhat bummed out his son won’t be a Hawk, just like Lacheys dad in regards to OSU. One big difference though, OSU didn’t offer. I don’t wish bad things on him but I’m not a TJ Bollers fan and don’t wish him the best either.

Michigan is not a good program for TEs, period. Jake Butt is really their only NFL claim. Zach Gentry is too slow for Pittsburgh's passing game. Finally, Harbaugh is Harbaugh (self explanatory). Likely to continue to be 3rd in the East Division until Day and Franklin leave. Harbaugh has a warm hotseat.

Mizzou is now a joke FB program as Drink is diet Kool-Aid flavored Matt Campell and PJ Fleck. He's only been a HC of a Non- Power 5 team for one year. P!$$ poor resume. Laughable Mizzou. Drink won't last 4 years (IMO). Next.

Georgia has used thick WRs 6'2" to 6'4" as TEs. They are okay but WRs get more glamor at Georgia. No Mackey award winners.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Just don’t understand how Fidone & Bollers aren’t already committed. U will not get better coaching at either of their positions anywhere in the country. Not to mention our NFL success at both positions. Bollers may not even have an offer anymore. Trevor has to be somewhat bummed out his son won’t be a Hawk, just like Lacheys dad in regards to OSU. One big difference though, OSU didn’t offer. I don’t wish bad things on him but I’m not a TJ Bollers fan and don’t wish him the best either.
You are not a fan because he likely won't come to Iowa? Are you pouting?

If you ever listened to WMT 600 Hawkeye Huddle postgame show with comments from Trevor Bollers about the program you would understand why

If Iowa offers an in state kid and he chooses to go elsewhere, good luck to him. I would normally say if Bollers grew up a Hawk fan, and his father went to Iowa he is a lock. However after seeing Ross Pierschbacher grow up an Iowa fan, accept an Iowa offer then bolt to Bama when Saban called I gave up caring about Iowa kids who go elsewhere. If TJ wants to go elsewhere, good luck to him. I can understand if he feels his skill set is a better fit at another school then he should probably follow his heart. I could understand Ross Pierschbacher choosing Bama, and I could see TJ choosing a school like Wisconsin. Now if he chooses a school like Little Debbie who hasn't proved they could stop anyone defensively in years would make no sense. But, whatever trips the young lads trigger, I'm not losing any sleep over him either way.

If Iowa offers an in state kid and he chooses to go elsewhere, good luck to him. I would normally say if Bollers grew up a Hawk fan, and his father went to Iowa he is a lock. However after seeing Ross Pierschbacher grow up an Iowa fan, accept an Iowa offer then bolt to Bama when Saban called I gave up caring about Iowa kids who go elsewhere. If TJ wants to go elsewhere, good luck to him. I can understand if he feels his skill set is a better fit at another school then he should probably follow his heart. I could understand Ross Pierschbacher choosing Bama, and I could see TJ choosing a school like Wisconsin. Now if he chooses a school like Little Debbie who hasn't proved they could stop anyone defensively in years would make no sense. But, whatever trips the young lads trigger, I'm not losing any sleep over him either way.
This and especially if said school is a better fit academically, too.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Again, with Fidone he was born and raised in Tekamah, Nebraska by his mother. He moved to Council Bluffs at age 13 or 14 to be able to broaden his athletic abilities, now living with his father (from what I hear). So its not like he was Iowa born, bred and raised.

I don't follow recruiting much because its dumb to get mad at the choices of 17 year olds. Once they become Hawks, they start to matter in my book.
I hear you. Its the "recruiting services" that get me. They have created an entire industry of damn near useless information, and people just lap it up like its the gospel. Seriously, these guys see about 5% at most of these kids actually play, and the rest of their info is hearsay crap passed along by "sources". Iowa is a perfect example of how worthless this stuff is. If you follow their rankings of Iowa's classes, we'd be about 3-9 every year. Its obvious by the number of schools who jump on Hawk offers after Iowa has unearthed them, that our staff knows a lot more about how to project a young players potencial then these clowns do......

Good point on the academics. Just like the kid who chose to walk on at Northwestern then take a scholly from Iowa......The lads name slips my aging mind at the moment, but a degree from NW is not considered a bad thing. LOL
Not that I disagree but someone in the know, (Blair, I think) noted that the Iowa offer was no longer committable as the spot had already been filled. I only point that out as it was being used as joke fodder on a rival site. Just another reason why recruiting is a game of deception and most info should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: scotthawk1964
Again, with Fidone he was born and raised in Tekamah, Nebraska by his mother. He moved to Council Bluffs at age 13 or 14 to be able to broaden his athletic abilities, now living with his father (from what I hear). So its not like he was Iowa born, bred and raised.

I think he is referring to the position they play - tight end and d end then add in the success that Iowa has had at putting players in the league. Both of Iowa’s position coaches at the players’s positions are getting similar players in the league as first round draft selections while Nebraska is not, Wisconsin is getting players to the league at lower levels.

You’d think they’d see the success and say, sigh me up for the signing bonus and contract Hock and Fant got, then look at what AJE is going to get in three months as a third first round draft selection in the last two years. Sigh me up to play at Iowa with the results they have gotten on and off the field.

Reactions: naturalmwa
I think he is referring to the position they play - tight end and d end then add in the success that Iowa has had at putting players in the league. Both of Iowa’s position coaches at the players’s positions are getting similar players in the league as first round draft selections while Nebraska is not, Wisconsin is getting players to the league at lower levels.

You’d think they’d see the success and say, sigh me up for the signing bonus and contract Hock and Fant got, then look at what AJE is going to get in three months as a third first round draft selection in the last two years. Sigh me up to play at Iowa with the results they have gotten on and off the field.

Maybe Nebraska just has better recruiters

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT