ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk says "How do you like me now? MF'ers!!!

Im neither a dumbass nor someone with an agenda. Should we still be getting on our knees for Kirk if it took him 30 years to reach the same feat?

Kirk is obviously a solid to good coach but he's nowhere near the upper tier or elite level coaches. He's a good coach approaching records and reaching milestones based off his longevity and some years against a very weak BigTen West.

If he coaches 10 more years and hits 250 wins should we throw a party or something?
Not 30 years & let's throw him a party tonight! Put Kirk at Michigan, OSU or PSU for 26 years and he'd probably have 25 more wins to that total. Think of the recruits he would have to work with at those schools & how well he coaches players up.

So STFU & get off Kirk's back, celebrate the milestones...

Idiot Reaction GIF

Not 30 years & let's throw him a party tonight! Put Kirk at Michigan, OSU or PSU for 26 years and he'd probably have 25 more wins to that total. Think of the recruits he would have to work with at those schools & how well he coaches players up.

So STFU & get off Kirk's back, celebrate the milestones...

Idiot Reaction GIF
Ok

Exactly. I don't hear any complaints about KF's outdated offense and play calls today,
Here's one, so hear this: Again, Iowa screwed up and failed to score from the ONE yard line. Keep running Johnson into the heart of the defense. Clever. Kicking a FG after taking over on the Washington 19--without gaining an inch--wasn't exactly stellar either. So yes, there are a few things to clean up. And the Iowa "passing" game is still one of the worst you'll see anywhere. But they did manage to connect on a few throws down the field, so there's that.

Here's one, so hear this: Again, Iowa screwed up and failed to score from the ONE yard line. Keep running Johnson into the heart of the defense. Clever. Kicking a FG after taking over on the Washington 19--without gaining an inch--wasn't exactly stellar either. So yes, there are a few things to clean up. And the Iowa "passing" game is still one of the worst you'll see anywhere. But they did manage to connect on a few throws down the field, so there's that.
That's fair, I suppose. But if I had KJ2 and 1st and goal from the 1 id likely give him the ball 2 straight myself.

You had to love all the misdirection he dialed up on that first drive tho..

Seems like the typical bounce back after an embarrassing loss.

Let’s see if it continues into next week or if we return to 2 yard out passes

Not many coaches get 26 years as head coach. Just keeping a big10 head coach job that long without getting fired is exceptional. Ask Pelini, Riley and Frost. Big accomplishment in itself. The rarified air of 200 wins is a bonus.

Must suck for the Kirk haters.
Lol. Yeah, Ferentz would have been canned at most every other power 5 school. I’m ready for him to retire…but it doesn’t hurt my feelings when the Hawks win…ever.

As he said, he's old.. hes a good GM. Not a good game manager.
He also has DCs that have saved his ass
Also show me who has found more diamonds in the rough.. good teams made up of a bunch of 3 stars..
This is what good coaches do. What's your point?

As I said in another post, put KF at Michigan, OSU, PSU with their talent and he'd likely have 230 wins over his 26 seasons. Iowa is lucky to have had him over the years.

Reactions: eyesofhawk
Lol. Yeah, Ferentz would have been canned at most every other power 5 school. I’m ready for him to retire…but it doesn’t hurt my feelings when the Hawks win…ever.
LOL, he'd have won multiple national titles if he was at Michigan, OSU, PSU, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon. Look at what he's accomplished at lil ol Iowa, land of 2 & 3 star players with a population of 3 million.

Go back across the Missouri River & clap for Nebby, fool.

That's fair, I suppose. But if I had KJ2 and 1st and goal from the 1 id likely give him the ball 2 straight myself.

You had to love all the misdirection he dialed up on that first drive tho..
1st and goal from the 1 with Sullivan in you go QB sneak. 2 of em if necessary.

Kirk would probably agree with your assessment, based on the postgame interview.

No chance. He's won too many games to get fired at most schools. P5 or not. Firing a winning coach is very stupid. Ask Debbie. The hawks have won a lot.

Reactions: LukaDuka
Im neither a dumbass nor someone with an agenda. Should we still be getting on our knees for Kirk if it took him 30 years to reach the same feat?

Kirk is obviously a solid to good coach but he's nowhere near the upper tier or elite level coaches. He's a good coach approaching records and reaching milestones based off his longevity and some years against a very weak BigTen West.

If he coaches 10 more years and hits 250 wins should we throw a party or something?
Well since your not a dumbass, MAYBE you should try staying on topic then. Your post has zero to do with what I questioned about your previous post. You said, "we play 2 cupcakes and a little brother" every year. Try looking around college football. MANY teams play schedules very similar to Iowa's and there are very few "cupcakes" anymore. Those MAC level teams can beat you. Its happened numerous times THIS year. gave you some examples of top 15 ranked teams that lost to "cupcakes from this year. But instead you go all tangent about "getting on our knees for Kirk" or "throwing him a party". No one said anything like that, but if you can't see that the Clones (ranked #11 in the country) under Campbell are a pretty good team then your one of the things I suggested..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT