ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk was on 670 The Score here in Chicago today

I'm not hiding anything. Go through and re read the thread if you need to. I've explained my stance quite thoroughly.

I like to talk? You are the one with 3000 posts since september....
I know I'm definitely not going to out talk you, that's for sure....
Haw did a hater like you get to be the board spokesman anyway?
I wouldn't call WDDT a hater at all. Sometimes folks project their love of the program into hope - and for them to have hope, they want to see some change in the program. For some folks - that means that they're tired of Ferentz and hope that we get a new "fresh" coach. For some folks - they want to see a sexier offense. For some folks - they want to see crazy-zealous recruiters.

What we have to realize is that ultimately, apart from some of the regular trolls and flamers ... we're all a part of the same Hawkeye-loving family. We don't need to see things the same way ... but it does matter that we bleed black and gold!

Myself, I'm sure that I infuriate a lot of folks here ... I personally am one of the folks here who tends to like how Ferentz does things at Iowa. I really like defensive-oriented grind-it-out football. The sort of football that bores many people to death ... I love to watch. Of course, the brand of football I love also tends to be a bit more on the violent side ... and the culture of football is shying away from that too. Of course, I understand that and I don't want to see more young men suffer like Sash ... but that doesn't imply I cannot also yearn for the old days of violent hits in football.

To me, the sort of football where one team simply "out-athletes" the other team ... there is no toughness in that ... there is less strategy in that. While some folks relish all the points on the board ... to me it's like watching elementary school flag football.

Absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Link? or just more b*ullshit?

The thread was deleted ya dunce, no poster can start a thread about another poster.

If it makes you feel warm at night to say "in seasons where KF makes a bowl game he has a pretty good chance of finishing with 8 wins" go for it. But when people ask his regular season win loss, he is a 7-5 coach and unless he wins more than 43 of his next 60 games he will retire a 7-5 coach.

Last edited:
Not at all. I just call a spade a spade.

You have done alot of talking, what you have not once done is provide any form of data to support your claim. At this point your just the kid on the outside throwing rocks. It's easy to sit and say "not uhh" but your not smart enough to provide input. Dont worry the adults figured it out.

Listen you fricken a-wipe, go back through the thread and read again. I swear your reading comprehension is nill.

Listen you fricken a-wipe, go back through the thread and read again. I swear your reading comprehension is nill.

We went through advanced level statistics and I translated to layman's terms. You cant even put together that the team we root for plays 12 regular season games and you keep self soothing into a 13 game denomanator because your a ball baby. Come at me when you actually understand a damn thing.

Link to where I said there was an assured 13th game?

If his win total was closer to 8 than it is 7 he would have an above .615 (13 game) win percentage.
Wrong again. His average is 7.53 wins per year. 7.53 is closer to 8 than 7.
His win percentage is closer to that of a 7-5 coach than that of an 8-5 coach though, I can give you that....

So now yout saying he is an 8-4 coach?

Here dude I really dont like being an ass so I will try to.explain it one more time .

See this graph? https://goo.gl/images/YsXQ7R

Dont worry about the numbers on it it is an example. The high point or apex is the outcome of highest probability, that point on a graph would be directly under a 7.5 but as myself and homer has proven winning half doesnt equal anything you have 7 wins until you have 8 wins. His highest outcome likely is 7 wins. Notice how the "teardrop" is higher for what would be 8 and much less likely for what would be 6? That is a result of the 7.5. He is much more likely to win 8 than 6. Homer took it to the next level and crossed a bunch of data and found that 9 is almost as likely as 6 but 7 is still the most likely outcome. If you dont want to acknowledge the information at this point as a previous poster said "you are not sorry you are stubborn".

It's rich that you think I don't understand. I understand you quite well. I simply don't agree with you.

Let me ask one more time though.......After 9 pages of you explaining yourself to the board, who is backing up your position of Ferentz being a lifetime 7-5 coach?

It's rich that you think I don't understand. I understand you quite well. I simply don't agree with you.

Let me ask one more time though.......After 9 pages of you explaining yourself to the board, who is backing up your position of Ferentz being a lifetime 7-5 coach?

What the hell makes you think I need someone to hold my hand? I'm taking a very unfavorable position on a board where the most fanatical of fans hang out. I wouldnt expect a bunch of people who love hawkeye football to come rushing to and celebrating the idea that we have a guy who after 20 years is a 7-5 coach. Again I will reiterate that he has done much more for the program than just win/loss. Have you noticed how I answer all you questions and you duck mine?

Everything you ask has already been answered. All you need to do is read and comprehend.

Your trying to put yourself in a position of "right" but literally not one ounce of fact have you actually provided. Did you look at the graph? I cannot physically make it easier. If you dont get it you dont get it but at this point your either never going to acknowledge it or your just not real bright.

Your trying to put yourself in a position of "right" but literally not one ounce of fact have you actually provided. Did you look at the graph? I cannot physically make it easier. If you dont get it you dont get it but at this point your either never going to acknowledge it or your just not real bright.

Once again, who is convinced? Are we all just idiots and just don't understand your sensitive genius?

Once again, who is convinced? Are we all just idiots and just don't understand your sensitive genius?

Again. If you actually understand how to read what homer wrote the information is all there. You ever seen idiocracy "electrolights are good" just because the masses are going one way doesnt mean its "right".

I would be willing to bet most people dont care enough to get involved. It's the same offseason chatter there always is and a large portion are saying "duh".

Again. If you actually understand how to read what homer wrote the information is all there. You ever seen idiocracy "electrolights are good" just because the masses are going one way doesnt mean its "right".

I understand Homer just fine. I do admit that it's entertaining to read your translations though.

Just as a point of refrence does .596 make you feel better?
This is not important to me, but since you are the one touting the "regular season".....the info you provided was not accurate. I'm only putting it out there so that folks have the proper info. His regular season win percentage is .604 without bowls. That puts his regular season win percentage closer to that of an 8-5 coach than 7-5.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT