ADVERTISEMENT

Kriener calls dibs

twitter talk is that it is canceled, along with college baseball and NHL, MLB late start.

Just a complete overreaction, if they cancel. I understand trying to be cautious, but cancelling these events is a minor blip on the trajectory of this thing. Airports, public transportation, etc. That's where it will spread. And once again, what percentage results in critically ill or death...for healthly individuals?

NCAA basketball is one thing, but if wrestling is cancelled, with Iowa's chance of winning, REALLY sucks.

Just a complete overreaction, if they cancel. I understand trying to be cautious, but cancelling these events is a minor blip on the trajectory of this thing. Airports, public transportation, etc. That's where it will spread. And once again, what percentage results in critically ill or death...for healthly individuals?

NCAA basketball is one thing, but if wrestling is cancelled, with Iowa's chance of winning, REALLY sucks.

Do you think it is important to help protect unhealthy people as much as possible?

I think that the idea is to avoid large public gatherings, where the virus can be spread quickly. With it being a new disease, the general population has no immunity. And with the publicity the coronavirus has received, if people feel like they might have it, they will rush to their doctor (which is the absolute worst thing they could do, but par for the course)

At this juncture, I feel that it is difficult to deny that almost everybody will be exposed to the coronavirus at some point. But if the spread can be slowed to the point that our healthcare system is not being overwhelmed, then it is probably for the best

The current college basketball situation effing sucks. MLB Opening Day is probably postponed also. This is usually my favorite time of year

Last edited:
Of course but if you're not feeling well or you're not healthy you shouldn't be going to these games anyway you should be watching them on TV

Right...but these unhealthy people have families who they will continue to interact with. Eventually it works its way to them even if they are not in attendance.

It sucks but these cancellations are probably the right course for the benefit of the greater society.

We beat Texas Tech. They were number two last year. According to Central Florida reasoning, that makes us #1. Put up banners and hold a parade at AdventureLand.

If the tournament is cancelled and no selection Sunday takes place, I could absolutely see ISU fans claiming this year was not a miss for Prohm.

i get that, but how is 40 or so people a large public gathering?

play the games and anyone interested will have to watch on tv....
Yeah I was talking more about a scenario where fans can attend

However, many colleges have already announced the suspension of in-person classes, and are resorting to conference call software like Zoom or WebEx to hold all classes. Bringing, even 40, college students from all different parts of the country together could be viewed as a risk to the student-athletes. I really hope they still have the tournament, even fanless, but, especially with the suspension of the NBA season, I’m growing increasingly doubtful

I get that sports are not important, but if we are really trying to control the spread then why wouldnt transportation and public places be closed?

if they aren’t closed, the ncaa tourney might as well be played.
I agree, but think that the NCAA/colleges will make it a student-athlete risk issue (even though I guarantee every single player would choose to play if given the choice)

If you have been following this virus in the news, I don’t believe you would be downplaying it like you are.

I would think airports, planes, metros, subways, buses, pretty much all mass transit is way worse than an arena.
If you have been following this virus in the news, I don’t believe you would be downplaying it like you are.
Isn’t there like a five day incubation period? That means people at the games could actually have the virus but not be showing any symptoms yet
2-3 week incubation period and that’s what makes this virus different than past epidemics.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
2-3 week incubation period and that’s what makes this virus different than past epidemics.

Dr on ESPN last night talking with NBA analysts said that period was 1-14 days and there’s still quite a bit unknown about this disease.

Either way, unsure how that makes mass transit safer than an arena.

Last edited:
Dr on ESNP last night talking with NBA analysts said that period was 1-14 and there’s still quite a bit unknown about this disease.

Either way, unsure how that makes mass transit safer than an arena.
No argument from me. I decided yesterday I was done commuting into NYC by train. I'm working from home for the foreseeable future. I ran into a friend yesterday evening who works at Google and he said Google sent everyone home until at least the middle of April. If you can work at home, you should.

Reactions: BBHawk
so we should be telling all americans to get 3 weeks or supplies and banning all of us from leaving the house(for anywhere but the hospital) if it is this bad.

then stop anyone from coming in w/o being quarantined

Honestly, I don't think people really understand what this means or the gravity of the tweet.

Dibs is final. Dibs is infallible. You cannot break dibs. Unless someone can show me a timestamped tweet prior to Ryan's, with two forms of valid ID, most recent utility bill, and their grandmother's hand over a bible confirming the tweet......

Your 2019-2020 National Champions are THE University of Iowa Hawkeyes.

ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!

9635099.jpeg

I heard there were some Iowa Basketball National Championship shirts that have been printed (on the back they say 'dibs') Anyone know where to get one?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT