ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana governor calls for policy change to require attending National Anthem

Freedom! No. Instead, some people want to tell everybody else what to do. But nobody is supposed to tell THEM what to do. LOL

We'll decide what books you can read, what health care you can receive, but don't tell us to wear masks or get vaccinated to stop a pandemic. LOL and LOL

The governor is as nuts as the coach he's criticizing. Things are tough in the bayou and, unfortunately, in too many other places.

government tells you how much taxes you are gonna have to pay

200w.gif

Reactions: hawkandroll
Freedom! No. Instead, some people want to tell everybody else what to do. But nobody is supposed to tell THEM what to do. LOL

We'll decide what books you can read, what health care you can receive, but don't tell us to wear masks or get vaccinated to stop a pandemic. LOL and LOL

The governor is as nuts as the coach he's criticizing. Things are tough in the bayou and, unfortunately, in too many other places.
Only the freedoms they want us to have matter. Effing fascist pigs.

Reactions: Bishop-71
I thought the libs were for Big Governement.

Also that gov it a total jackass if he thought MAGA Mulkey let the team miss the national anthem. They didn’t know they were supposed to be out there.

Republicans are so facking dumb these days.

Reactions: bojihawk44
Back in my Army days we made damn sure not to be caught outside during Retreat. Guess it should have been mandated that I get my ass outside every afternoon and turn the old patriotism meter up to 11 with a salute for Old Glory for no real obvious reason beyond someone having a jones for rituals. Note that I was already in the Army so being made to salute the flag every day at 5:00 was not really going to enhance what I was already giving to the good old USA and it certainly would not have made me feel more patriotic about what I was already doing.

That is some extreme insanity in that post. It blows my mind people still think that mask wearing masks and those vaccines are stopping that pandemic. So you think it is ok to make those mandates, one of them to inject foreign substances into ones body. Yet have a real problem with wanting a team to be present for the National Anthem. That is mind blowing!

This whole "not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance" is a sign of the times. At first, it was one or two African-American kids in my class. Now, there are times when I am the only person standing for the Pledge in my classroom. It's a joke. I was once told by my Proncipal there is nothing we can say. It pisses me off.

This whole "not standing for the Pledge of Allegiance" is a sign of the times. At first, it was one or two African-American kids in my class. Now, there are times when I am the only person standing for the Pledge in my classroom. It's a joke. I was once told by my Proncipal there is nothing we can say. It pisses me off.
It's a sign we are headed the wrong direction

More bullshit and noise from the peanut gallery. Mist teams attend, some teams do not. Maybe the governor needs to govern and let coaches coach. More patriotic zealousness run amuck. Folks who think this type of shit is important are just frustrated folks.

If your proncipal(?) can give a valid reason why the pledge is so important that it needs to be said every day I'd love to hear it. I've never understood why it's a part of any child's school routine, including mine growing up. Pure cult ritual. But this is an off topic response that the nonexistent mods will do nothing about and I apologize for engaging.

More bullshit and noise from the peanut gallery. Mist teams attend, some teams do not. Maybe the governor needs to govern and let coaches coach. More patriotic zealousness run amuck. Folks who think this type of shit is important are just frustrated folks.
Your VP is a total idiot, you sound proud

So why even do the pledge? What is the point? Just tradition?

If your proncipal(?) can give a valid reason why the pledge is so important that it needs to be said every day I'd love to hear it. I've never understood why it's a part of any child's school routine, including mine growing up. Pure cult ritual. But this is an off topic response that the nonexistent mods will do nothing about and I apologize for engaging.
Do us a favor and don't engage next time

• Haha
Reactions: BurgHawk87
Back in my Army days we made damn sure not to be caught outside during Retreat. Guess it should have been mandated that I get my ass outside every afternoon and turn the old patriotism meter up to 11 with a salute for Old Glory for no real obvious reason beyond someone having a jones for rituals. Note that I was already in the Army so being made to salute the flag every day at 5:00 was not really going to enhance what I was already giving to the good old USA and it certainly would not have made me feel more patriotic about what I was already doing.
However, prior to the past few years, teams for eons were respectfully standing for the national anthem. Is that so hard to do?

However, is it really that hard to stand during a song in respect to those who have died for our freedoms?

I pledge of allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, to the republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and justice for all. It really doesn’t take that long to recite. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT