ADVERTISEMENT

Kris Murray - Way-to-Early 2023 NBA Mock Draft

I haven't been following Portland and their needs, as following the Kings and Keegan has kept me busy LOL. If Portland needs wing players, I can certainly see Kris going to them. If he's anything like Keegan, and I suspect that he is, he could certainly have an impact for them, even if he may not be on the starting roster. My personal opinion is that upon being selected by any team that is interested, a lot will be ironed out in NBA Summer League and possible training camp if invited.
Portland need’s everything at this point.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
what? Kris is heading to the NBA, as expected in July of last year.
I was speaking of you repeating my post nearly word-for-word.

In one thread, I wrote:
I wish him nothing but the best, and I look forward to cheering for him and his new team.

Then, minutes later, in another thread, you wrote:
Nevertheless, I wish Kris nothing but the best, and I look forward to rooting for him and watching him on his new team.

C’mon. We can’t possibly both be that smart.

😉

I was speaking of you repeating my post nearly word-for-word.

In one thread, I wrote:

Then, minutes later, in another thread, you wrote:

C’mon. We can’t possibly both be that smart.

😉

Well, I do look forward to rooting for him and watching him on his new NBA team; and that's what I typed. Sometimes rooting for that team can be hard. For example, watching Luka when he was on the Pistons was not easy. I am glad he got out of there.

Kris is going to shine when he's the 3rd, 4th or 5th option. He's long and an athletic freak. Yes, he could get stronger, but he'll figure it out.

Yeah, I think he's going to do close to or as well as Keegan has.

Keegan has played in 78 of 80 games for the Sacramento Kings.

Keegan's averages:

29.8 minutes (of 48 possible)

12.2 points
4.6 rebounds
1.2 assists
.8 steals
.5 blocks

45.4 FG%
41.6 three point %
76.5% FTs

#19 pick in July of last year.

#19 pick today.

From NBC Sports:

2023 NBA Mock Draft 6.0: Post-March Madness Edition

#19 Houston Rockets (via Clippers): Kris Murray

Team:
Iowa Hawkeyes
Year: Junior
Position: SF/PF
Height/Weight: 6'8, 215 lbs

Kris Murray is showcasing a lot of the skills that made his twin brother Keegan a top-five pick just a year ago. He's a natural scorer who will be a positional mismatch with his 6-foot-8 length. Most teams should be able to plug him in right away.

#19 pick in July of last year.

#19 pick today.

From NBC Sports:

2023 NBA Mock Draft 6.0: Post-March Madness Edition

#19 Houston Rockets (via Clippers): Kris Murray

Team:
Iowa Hawkeyes
Year: Junior
Position: SF/PF
Height/Weight: 6'8, 215 lbs

Kris Murray is showcasing a lot of the skills that made his twin brother Keegan a top-five pick just a year ago. He's a natural scorer who will be a positional mismatch with his 6-foot-8 length. Most teams should be able to plug him in right away.

They have him going to the Senior Citizen's Home? :D

It's always dependent on who jumps into the draft early, too. Some player's stock may have jumped up since last year, plus the needs of teams may have changed in the last 6 months. That's what makes it difficult to tell where players drafted later than 6-7 in the draft will land.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
I'm surprised at the team movement in the NBA standings from one year to the next. Lots of parity in the league and one guy can make a big difference one way or the other.

This year's NBA playoffs are going to be nuts, especially in the Western Conference. The defending champs (the Warriors) are the current 5 seed and the Lakers are the current #7 seed. Both teams, if healthy, could make some noise.

This year's NBA playoffs are going to be nuts, especially in the Western Conference. The defending champs (the Warriors) are the current 5 seed and the Lakers are the current #7 seed. Both teams, if healthy, could make some noise.
Theres probably 6 or 7 teams just in the west that could win it.

Going to be a very entertaining playoffs.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Houston right now has the 2nd worst record in the NBA (the Pistons are the worst).

It would be quite the haul for the Rockets if they got the #1 overall pick and the #19 overall pick in Kris Murray.
I believe it was Fox who commented after the Kings beat the Clips (in OT?) that they were old and couldn't keep up. (Or was it Mitchell?). Pistons are a mess.

Reactions: Franisdaman
its pretty amazing how he's been considered a top 20 pick for the last 9 months

i wonder if his stock will rise even further when he meets with NBA teams and works out for them?
Kris was consistently #13-#16 in mock drafts before the last couple weeks of the regular season. When I looked last week he was at best #19 and one didn't even have him. I wouldn't say he is a lock for the first round

Reactions: herkhatescy
I’m curious how big of an effect Keegan’s success is having on Kris’s stock.

I’d venture he’s making his brother a good bit of money.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Kris was consistently #13-#16 in mock drafts before the last couple weeks of the regular season. When I looked last week he was at best #19 and one didn't even have him. I wouldn't say he is a lock for the first round
Curious as to what site didn't have him listed? Most reputable ones have him mostly from 17-21 still. He's definitely a lock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT