ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Dake offered big moola to be head coach somewhere

According to mineo it was Okie St.

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

We’re talking coaching not competition. At this level, head to head records have nothing to do with coaching abilities.
Idk Caels doing pretty well, and I’d say his H2H results are better than everyone else’s.

We’re talking coaching not competition. At this level, head to head records have nothing to do with coaching abilities.
Why not? People talk about what a great wrestler DT was and how he will be a great coach who kids will want to wrestle for. Wouldn’t the guy who beat him every time have a leg up in this area also?

Why not? People talk about what a great wrestler DT was and how he will be a great coach who kids will want to wrestle for. Wouldn’t the guy who beat him every time have a leg up in this area also?
Personality is important. I mean after all, the people who love M* do that because of his personality -right? You have to be able to sell what you have. I think DT believes in what he has and I believe Take would also, but I do not think Take could sell it as well.
I like what Gilman said. DT is the show pony and he (Gilman) is more of a work horse. I think Take would be more of a stage coach horse. Not made for the limelight, but can get the work done as a member of a team.

No. I’m not sure Dake can teach his own style. He’s gifted with skills most wrestlers will never be able to emulate.
A great coach shouldn’t be teaching his own style anyway. Great coaches cultivate their wrestlers’ skill sets. Parts of their wrestling will inevitably translate and others won’t.

Love him or hate him, Dake is very cerebral and exceptionally good at identifying weaknesses in his opponents. He may be a bit “weird” but he absolutely has the ability to be a great coach.

The issue is not about his coaching skills. It is about his “want to” level and then his willingness to go all in and relate to his guys even when nearly all are going to be wired differently. That inability is definitely what got John Smith in the end.

Obviously, now is not the time. But, I would expect him to make a big splash if he decides to coach after he retires.

is this a "yeah...i could have had that OSU job last year, but i turned them down" thing?

Personality is important. I mean after all, the people who love M* do that because of his personality -right? You have to be able to sell what you have. I think DT believes in what he has and I believe Take would also, but I do not think Take could sell it as well.
I like what Gilman said. DT is the show pony and he (Gilman) is more of a work horse. I think Take would be more of a stage coach horse. Not made for the limelight, but can get the work done as a member of a team.
What is the background of calling him Take?

I’m sure you’re kidding.
Why? I am pretty sure it was either an actual auto-correct or it was an attempt at humor specifically related to how this board uses Cael=Carl. Both actually make sense, even if you don't find either funny. If it was actually done for neither reason, than I would agree that I can't find any sense in the reference, unless he is somehow saying he is so good at "taking" things that Take, being so close to Dake, is some kind of solid nickname...

Reactions: Hawkgma and el dub
Why? I am pretty sure it was either an actual auto-correct or it was an attempt at humor specifically related to how this board uses Cael=Carl. Both actually make sense, even if you don't find either funny. If it was actually done for neither reason, than I would agree that I can't find any sense in the reference, unless he is somehow saying he is so good at "taking" things that Take, being so close to Dake, is some kind of solid nickname...
Was just general curiosity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT