ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you your impenetrable border wall

I'm guessing the gaps are for small animals to get through based on environmental restrictions. So they won't close those up. There needs to be a VERY sharp edge at the top.

FUNFACT: In Nanjing China, neighborhoods with walls around the properties use broken glass bottle pieces mortared into the top of them to discourage thieves from entry.

FUNFACT II: In Nanjing China, thieves use readily available carpet scraps to toss over those bottle shards, and go right on over those walls.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Now, imagine those migrants have an invention known as the "ladder"!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
When was the last time you saw a bunch of starving migrants carry a ladder through the desert? And I'm guessing the coyotes don't give a shit as long as they make it to the border. You guys claim you're smart but again, you're not thinking pragmatically about this.

From reading Weber’s comments, it seems that the key to making the wall much more difficult to climb is sealing the gaps between the panels and making the panels about a foot higher.
I'm guessing the gaps are for small animals to get through based on environmental restrictions. So they won't close those up. There needs to be a VERY sharp edge at the top.

I thought Trump said visibility was necessary so cbp agents didn’t get hit in the head by packages of drugs being thrown over the wall.

Seems legit.

When was the last time you saw a bunch of starving migrants carry a ladder through the desert? And I'm guessing the coyotes don't give a shit as long as they make it to the border.

LMAO; no, the coyotes will have the ladders for them. Drug runners will use 'em, too.

FUNFACT: In Nanjing China, neighborhoods with walls around the properties use broken glass bottle pieces mortared into the top of them to discourage thieves from entry.

FUNFACT II: In Nanjing China, thieves use readily available carpet scraps to toss over those bottle shards, and go right on over those walls.
They do this in Italy as well. Nothing new. THINK about what you're typing. This wall is a HUGE deterrent. Why not bring in helicopters to help them over as well. You guys haven't mentioned that one yet. Hot air balloons? Trampolines? Come guys, think.

Now, imagine those migrants have an invention known as the "ladder"!!!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
When was the last time you saw a bunch of starving migrants carry a ladder through the desert? And I'm guessing the coyotes don't give a shit as long as they make it to the border. You guys claim you're smart but again, you're not thinking pragmatically about this.

You do know cbp has piles of hundreds of discarded ladders, right?

They do that down in Louisiana too. The tour guide explained that they have liability laws based on the Napoleonic code which doesn’t make the property owner responsible if people get hurt on their land as readily as laws in the rest of the country.

Filled with gators...or snakes...or NUKES!!!!

giphy.gif
One of the actual proposals for the wall featured a nuclear dump moat. I think it was aimed at stopping tunnels.

https://www.post-gazette.com/local/...-for-Trump-s-border-wall/stories/201704080097

They do this in Italy as well. Nothing new. THINK about what you're typing. This wall is a HUGE deterrent. Why not bring in helicopters to help them over as well. You guys haven't mentioned that one yet. Hot air balloons? Trampolines? Come guys, think.

As with gun control, I think that we should do nothing until we can establish that this solution will stop all illegal border crossings. Deterrents are not enough. The should be no action taken unless you can show that criminals will have no way of getting around the barrier. Nothing less than 100% is good enough.

I like trampolines.

Reactions: Rudolph
AAIxaud.img

Why would anyone climb it? I'd just walk through the spaces at the bottom.
Are those pillars hollow or solid? If they’re hollow, a $40 cordless angle grinder would cut right through it in very little time at all. Make two cuts, remove a section of one of the pillars, and there’s plenty of room for everyone to walk right through.

Edit - found the answer to my question. The pillars are hollow steel beams filled with concrete and rebar. They can still be easily cut with a circular saw or an angle grinder.

image002_skx0rt.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT