ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you your impenetrable border wall

I am. But does it matter when it comes to the realities of trying to climb a wall in the desert that's blistering hot plus all the other elements?

This must be how the Trump administration just sits in a room to create bullshit that they can look at to allow them to ignore scientific data. "I know, let's pretend that illegal immigrants have zero problem solving skills and won't be able to figure out a way to deal with a hot fence! The whole thing works if we just assume they are all blithering idiots!"

Are those pillars hollow or solid? If they’re hollow, a $40 cordless angle grinder would cut right through it in very little time at all. Make two cuts, remove a section of one of the pillars, and there’s plenty of room for everyone to walk right through.

Edit - found the answer to my question. The pillars are hollow steel beams filled with concrete and rebar. They can still be easily cut with a circular saw or an angle grinder.

image002_skx0rt.jpg

There was a story months ago showing how they cut through them with a hacksaw.

Reactions: tigerguy_
The comment was "it gets cold in the desert at night". That is simply not true in South Texas. I don't give a shit about the wall or whatever, just making sure everyone is factually accurate.

So, are you saying those steel pillars will not cool down at night in south texas?

When was the last time you saw a bunch of starving migrants carry a ladder through the desert? And I'm guessing the coyotes don't give a shit as long as they make it to the border. You guys claim you're smart but again, you're not thinking pragmatically about this.

This coming from the poster that claimed the wall too hot to climb?

$5 billion wall defeated by gloves, a ladder, and a hacksaw. It's comical really.

The wall is intended to make it more difficult to cross illegally, thus improving the chances that border patrol will be able to intercede,... Sorry, but I will have to call total bullshit on the hacksaw....

Literally, they don't. Show me a youtube video where a technical climber is using gloves to go UP the face of a wall.
Speaking of videos, as NoleAtl brought up Trump's claim that 20 professional climbers couldn't make it over the wall, shouldn't there be video of that? You'd think Trump would want us to see that.

The wall is intended to make it more difficult to cross illegally, thus improving the chances that border patrol will be able to intercede,... Sorry, but I will have to call total bullshit on the hacksaw....

This sounds like a great approach to policy. Implement policies that make incremental improvements and allow law enforcement a greater chance at stopping violations. And that's true even if it is not 100% effective. I wonder how broadly we could apply this approach?

Reactions: IACub
So far the wall has cost $16 billion. Imagine all the border control agents, cameras, sensors, ect. that you could pay for with that amount. So far the wall has been a stunning waste of resources

So far the wall has cost $16 billion. Imagine all the border control agents, cameras, sensors, ect. that you could pay for with that amount. So far the wall has been a stunning waste of resources

Actually it's been well worth the expense just in phuck you value here on HROT....

This must be how the Trump administration just sits in a room to create bullshit that they can look at to allow them to ignore scientific data. "I know, let's pretend that illegal immigrants have zero problem solving skills and won't be able to figure out a way to deal with a hot fence! The whole thing works if we just assume they are all blithering idiots!"

Likely (and sadly) a more accurate take is something like:

"Dude....do you think anyone can figure out a way over that massive-looking wall!???"

"No way, man! That just looks impenetrable. I think it's probably impossible!"

"Me too! Let's buy 600 miles worth of it! Problem solved!"

"Ok, now onto climate change - do you understand any of these graphs, man?"

"Nope. All looks way way too confusing to me."

"Well, then, climate change must be total bullcrap, cuz none of us can understand it!"
:cool:

He's right about it being in the shade. When that metal sits in the desert sun for an hour, it will be too hot to climb.
You know, you can be for the wall and indignant over a ishty wall at the same time.

If you can climb over it in less than a minute, I don't think that will help much with border patrol being able to intercede.

If you can climb over it in less than a minute, I don't think that will help much with border patrol being able to intercede.

I don't believe the sub 1 minute climb theory,.... more bullshit...

What's that thing at the top? With the rope hanging from it? I don't remember seeing that on Trump's wall. Interesting they have it in the shade. I wonder why.
I wonder if she'd climb faster or slower without the man-made rope hoist. Also, like NFL kickers, I'd like to see her climb under pressure...like have a border agent shooting at her. I'd watch that.

That's pretty much the GOP response to everything anymore, right? You don't care if it works, how much it costs, or about any moral right or wrong. All you care about is pissing off liberals.
What about those who can't stand the GOP, BUT really like the idea of a moat, wall, gun turrets, etc. at the border?

I wonder if she'd climb faster or slower without the man-made rope hoist. Also, like NFL kickers, I'd like to see her climb under pressure...like have a border agent shooting at her. I'd watch that.
FDA estimates roughly 30,000 kilos of coke enters America each year. I wonder how much of it can she haul with her when she goes over?

I'm not on the wall train and I didn't read the thread but as someone who works with rigging and climbing, I would like to see her climb without ropes pulling her up. TIA if I missed it

Reactions: IMCC965
Are those pillars hollow or solid? If they’re hollow, a $40 cordless angle grinder would cut right through it in very little time at all. Make two cuts, remove a section of one of the pillars, and there’s plenty of room for everyone to walk right through.

Edit - found the answer to my question. The pillars are hollow steel beams filled with concrete and rebar. They can still be easily cut with a circular saw or an angle grinder.

image002_skx0rt.jpg
Actually pictured this as Trumps new residence in 15 months!

I watched the video and read the article. She doesn't climb it with out the rope. I am not saying she can't climb it just saying the video is showing she needs help

I watched the video and read the article. She doesn't climb it with out the rope. I am not saying she can't climb it just saying the video is showing she needs help
The rope doesn’t help her climb. All it does is protect her from falling and getting injured if she loses her grip.

The belay or safety rope is tight when she tries to transition to solid portion of wall. Then you can see she slips before transitioning. no way she holds on without the belay supporting her weight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT