ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Tahoe- skiing Heavenly

iowahaha1

All-Conference
Apr 15, 2015
Each year I've tried to take my family to a new ski destination. The previous four years have included Park City, Telluride, Steamboat and last year Keystone. This year our destination is Heavenly in the Lake Tahoe area. Does anyone have any advice, reviews or recommendations?

Each year I've tried to take my family to a new ski destination. The previous four years have included Park City, Telluride, Steamboat and last year Keystone. This year our destination is Heavenly in the Lake Tahoe area. Does anyone have any advice, reviews or recommendations?
I've been all over the world. I have seen some wonderful sights. But when I first drove out of Reno up to Tahoe and caught my first glimpse of the lake it truly took my breath away.

What sort of info you looking for? How long you going to be here? Have epic passes? If so be sure to spend a day at kirkwood and even northstar. Northstar is good for kids, lower mountain is all easy runs and some terrain parks.

Reactions: iowahaha1
I've been all over the world. I have seen some wonderful sights. But when I first drove out of Reno up to Tahoe and caught my first glimpse of the lake it truly took my breath away.
Same here.

I think many have had the same thought.

On the slopes I remember there being one particular run where you come around a curve, near the mountaintop, and the lake is suddenly right in front of you. It is stunning.

What sort of info you looking for? How long you going to be here? Have epic passes? If so be sure to spend a day at kirkwood and even northstar. Northstar is good for kids, lower mountain is all easy runs and some terrain parks.
Jan 3rd thru the 8th. We have epic pass

Skied there many years ago. Got stuck on Gunbarrel. Had no business being on that run. Took me an hour to get down it. Beautiful place, just don't do Gunbarrel unless you really know what you're doing.

Jan 3rd thru the 8th. We have epic pass
Nice, then I’d ski all 3 resorts unless you’re all hardcore black diamond/off piste skiers. Heavenly will have great views, kirkwood will have more coverage and more challenging terrain. Northstar is much more mellow and has a great village scene at the base including ice skating and live music.

Nice, then I’d ski all 3 resorts unless you’re all hardcore black diamond/off piste skiers. Heavenly will have great views, kirkwood will have more coverage and more challenging terrain. Northstar is much more mellow and has a great village scene at the base including ice skating and live music.
Thank you. Northstar sounds like the place to be

What’s your opinion of Telluride? Might come back from Arizona that way. Been to all the Summit County resorts, Steamboat, Vail, Beaver Creek and all the Salt Lake City resorts. What would you compare Telluride with?

I've been all over the world. I have seen some wonderful sights.
the-goon-dodgeball.gif

What’s your opinion of Telluride? Might come back from Arizona that way. Been to all the Summit County resorts, Steamboat, Vail, Beaver Creek and all the Salt Lake City resorts. What would you compare Telluride with?
I loved Telluride. One of my favorites. I would go back in a heartbeat. I guess it reminds me of keystone a bit. Great family runs. The bridges run is much like schoolmarm at keystone. Hills for all level of skiers.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT