ADVERTISEMENT

Leaker of U.S. secret documents worked on military base, friend says

Gotta to say, I am super shocked it is a racist far right patriot that was the traitor. Never would have guessed that. Was positive it was going to be a member of Antifa.
Might be a little quick on the trigger....the twitters has been known to jump the gun.

Reactions: Finance85
Ftn8JUgaYAIXrdI

Can anyone explain why someone in the Mass Air National Guard has access to such wide-ranging intelligence information? This kid is a part-time employee, no? How is the military set up like this?

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around it.
Isn't this EXACTLY like the Chelsea Manning secret papers release? Didn't the military learn anything about letting random nobody clerks have access to this?

Ask yourself who is the real enemy?

And republicans want dems to negotiate by trusting them to be partners in legislation. GTFO
Lol, and if this exact scenario happened 4 years ago you'd all be cheering this guy as a hero whistle-blower exposing a corrupt administration blowing billions we don't have in a proxy war.

hero worshipping this dude (like that mtg tweet) is insane but i also wince when this guy is portrayed as though he is representative of everything non-dem. putin and xi have to be tugging each other to climax watching our people divided even about a national security breach…granted the dickheads are probably the ones fanning the divisiveness.

Reactions: McLovin32
You're pro America when your party is in the oval. The left has always been loyal to party over country, and your outrage over things like this depends solely on the politics. No reason to deny something so obvious.
I am not left. The Republican Party supports the Ukraine War. Independents support it as well. So does the Democratic Party. ONLY MAGA doesn't. What does that make you?

Can anyone explain why someone in the Mass Air National Guard has access to such wide-ranging intelligence information? This kid is a part-time employee, no? How is the military set up like this?

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around it.

Not necessarily.

There are a lot of units in the ARNG/USAR that are entirely active (I was in 3 separate ones). In addition, there are a lot of individuals who work in joint units and cross COMPO (Active, Guard and Reserves all have individual in said unit).

I don't the specifics of his status, unit or his work. Just talking generalities.

For example, I know of at least 6 Iowa National Guard units that are fully, 100% active. They work, train and are paid exactly like active duty units. Any time there is a unit like that, they do work supporting the total force, meaning they support Active, Guard and Reserve forces.

Plus, ARNG and USAR troops individually augment active units, particularly at command level (on Brigade/Division/Corps level staffs).

It's actually very common. FTR, one of the units I was in, we had access to a TON of info on Chem, Bio, Nuke, and Rad. So, if this dude was in an Intel unit (or a 2-shop, Army speak for internal Intel assets), yeah, he probably had access to it as part of his job.

• Haha
Reactions: Ehhhdolph
It's actually very common. FTR, one of the units I was in, we had access to a TON of info on Chem, Bio, Nuke, and Rad. So, if this dude was in an Intel unit (or a 2-shop, Army speak for internal Intel assets), yeah, he probably had access to it as part of his job.

...and it's a certainty that as part of his training, he was fully aware that what he was doing was completely illegal. And warned about foreign actors posing as "friends" to collect intelligence information.

Which means he is either incredibly stupid, or, he knew exactly what he was doing and knew he was conveying information to potential foreign adversaries.

He should not see sunlight for a couple decades.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT