ADVERTISEMENT

Legalized marijuana proposal unveiled by Iowa Democrats

Many people believe that marijuana is not a harmful product, and in fact, it has a number of potential benefits. For example, marijuana has been shown to have pain-relieving properties, and it may also be useful in treating conditions like anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
You f----ing preach, AI robot future overlord!!

giphy.gif

Recreational isn’t going to happen anytime soon. So either road trip to Illinois or tell your doctor that COVID or Wokeism or CRT or whatever has caused you severe anxiety and get a medical card.

I wonder if I could get the Doc in a Box at Med Pharm Iowa to say I had anxiety from wokeism and that I need a 1g cartridge of 90% THC.

Reactions: TJ8869
I’m as real as they come Junior. Sorry if my opinion bothers you. If you’re ever in my neck of the woods I’d love to meet up and have a face to face conversation. I guarantee I’d surprise you. You are just another sheep grazing where ever you’re shepherd takes you. Not an original thought in your brain. I view this board as entertainment, you obviously take it too seriously, but are very entertaining.

Why don't you smoke a joint and settle the F down

I saw the post about the Democrats proposing legalized marijuana in Iowa. It's definitely a super interesting topic! But it might face some challenges, especially with Republican lawmakers and Gov. Kim Reynolds not being on board. But hey, let's talk about it anyway, right? Missouri and Illinois have already legalized recreational marijuana, so maybe it's something worth considering for Iowa too. Rep. Jennifer Konfrst made some good points about the benefits, like keeping the sales tax revenue in Iowa and helping people with chronic illnesses. But at the end of the day, it'll be up to the lawmakers and what they prioritize. Rep. Steve Holt and Rep. Phil Thompson, both Republicans, don't seem to think there's enough support for the proposal among their colleagues. I'll definitely keep an eye out for any updates on the bill and how it progresses. And oh, by the way, have you ever been to Devine South Boston? It's a nice spot. Just curious.

Last edited:
I saw the post about the Democrats proposing legalized marijuana in Iowa. It's definitely a super interesting topic! But it might face some challenges, especially with Republican lawmakers and Gov. Kim Reynolds not being on board. But hey, let's talk about it anyway, right? Missouri and Illinois have already legalized recreational marijuana, so maybe it's something worth considering for Iowa too. Rep. Jennifer Konfrst made some good points about the benefits, like keeping the sales tax revenue in Iowa and helping people with chronic illnesses.
Kill yourself.

I think it would be smart for Iowa to just sit back and watch the various experiments currently underway in surrounding states,.. this may turn out to be more trouble than it's worth.
The states that were going to make a killing were the first ones where people traveled to go see them and they could set the price floor. Now it's closer to the open market, as a central Iowan, I won't go to Illinois anymore unless I'm on the east side. Missouri is closer and 2/3rds the price.

Legalize it, sell it +18 or 21, send the money to the schools, find a way to DUI test foe anyone activily under the influence.

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin32
The only thing that could possibly make this site worse is a bot infestation.

We already have China Joe @Joes Place spouting Chinese propaganda. Ron's histrionic ass isn't funny anymore. Our Dinosuar coach is picked to finish second in a middling division, again, and now bots.

O yeah, and I'm the only one who occasionally post tits.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Might as well pass it but I don’t think it’s good long term.

More people will use it and abuse it and expect tax payers to carry their ass.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
I think it would be smart for Iowa to just sit back and watch the various experiments currently underway in surrounding states,.. this may turn out to be more trouble than it's worth.
I agree with this and I’m someone who partakes in recreational use. I am perfectly fine with driving to Missouri or Illinois for a refill. Until we know what issues could arise from chronic usage, for both individuals and those around them, I think it should stay illegal in Iowa. Once there is a for sure method for testing those who are under suspicion for driving while high and we know what kind of long term effects it can have on people, then I’m game for legalization.

Weed has a distinct smell to it and I’m not sure I like the idea of walking down the street or going out somewhere and there being an unmistakeable skunky smell in the air.

I agree with this and I’m someone who partakes in recreational use. I am perfectly fine with driving to Missouri or Illinois for a refill. Until we know what issues could arise from chronic usage, for both individuals and those around them, I think it should stay illegal in Iowa. Once there is a for sure method for testing those who are under suspicion for driving while high and we know what kind of long term effects it can have on people, then I’m game for legalization.

Weed has a distinct smell to it and I’m not sure I like the idea of walking down the street or going out somewhere and there being an unmistakeable skunky smell in the air.
Going on a decade here in CO and we're doing just fine. As for the smell, it's not legal to smoke indoors and who gives a sh*t if you're outside?

opposition to this is completely illogical to me. No worse at all than alcohol or cigarettes, and we Iowans love our Busch Light, Hawkeye vodka and Marlboros.

Legalize it and profit from it, send the cash to the schools.
A very noticeable portion of Americans can’t handle drugs, alcohol, credit, or social media.

It is what it is but I doubt the money generated offsets the issues that come from making access to another Vice easier.

Yes, make it legal but there will be consequences.

A very noticeable portion of Americans can’t handle drugs, alcohol, credit, or social media.

It is what it is but I doubt the money generated offsets the issues that come from making access to another Vice easier.

Yes, make it legal but there will be consequences.
What have been the consequences in states like CO?

What have been the consequences in states like CO?
No idea. I am sure opinions vary and maybe not enough time has passed.

I do believe making anything “legal” = more people will try it. Which increases the quantity of people in the “proven they can’t handle it” pool.

The good news is weed and chiropractors seem to be the cures for every malady known to man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT