ADVERTISEMENT

Lets talk PSU

bojihawk

HR MVP
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2001
Why we are winning, IMO is a few things. PSU was playing for a title and playoff birth. For the second year in a row, they will come up short with losses to OSU and MSU. To me their coach and Mc Sorley have sent several messages that they are just going through the motions now. MSU to me, showed the way to beat PSU. The spread and tempo teams, do not like to be in a fist fight. PSU likes to be in a race. If Iowa can keep hitting them in the mouth they will win this one. PSU has speed and athletes all over the field. Love their RB Sanders, he is tough, fast, and an excellent athlete. Hambler is a burner and they have some really great big athletes at the other WR spots. I think Mc Sorley is an excellent QB when he is emotionally connected to the game. They are a very solid team but I think they are also a soft team. I have not been impressed by their defense. I feel their defense is young and not very deep. If PSU were playing for something, with that awesome crowd, and with all that speed, I would say Iowa would lose big time. But I do not think they will lose this week. Iowa is gaining momentum, they are opening their offense up, so it is not these one dimensional Iowa teams of the past. I think Iowa's balance will keep PSU's defense guessing a lot. I believe it will be a race at first but they just out tough them in the second half. Playing on the road, this game will be close but Iowa wins by 7. I believe Iowa will play its most complete game. Iowa's defense will shut down the PSU running game and the QB runs, to make them one dimensional. I think the TE's, Marsette, and Sergent will have their best games of the year. Look for a special teams surprise this week to open things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News