ADVERTISEMENT

Lil bro Nebbers annual Super Bowl

Ran into a friend today that was born & raised in Lincoln but has always been a diehard Hawkeye fan.

Not joking.

We were talking about the game.

It got my wondering, how many people do you know born & raised in Nebber that have always been Hawkeye fans.

I guess I didn’t realize how many of them have Iowa as their favorite team.

I know 3.

Curious how many other posters know.

Overhead a group of Nebbers outside HyVee in Omaha this afternoon. One of them says “well, I guess Iowa’s our bowl game again this year since we lost last night.” The others all nodded emphatically. I couldn’t help myself, walked over and tried to point out that if they beat us this week they’d actually be bowl eligible. They were all adamant that wasn’t the case. “NBC called last night the battle for bowl eligibility!” I tried to explain that didn’t mean they were eliminated. Then they started to get really pissed. “This Friday’s our damn bowl game and we’re gonna kick your f’n ass!!”

I just walked away after that. I should know better than to try and talk sense into a bunch of Nebbers.

Overhead a group of Nebbers outside HyVee in Omaha this afternoon. One of them says “well, I guess Iowa’s our bowl game again this year since we lost last night.” The others all nodded emphatically. I couldn’t help myself, walked over and tried to point out that if they beat us this week they’d actually be bowl eligible. They were all adamant that wasn’t the case. “NBC called last night the battle for bowl eligibility!” I tried to explain that didn’t mean they were eliminated. Then they started to get really pissed. “This Friday’s our damn bowl game and we’re gonna kick your f’n ass!!”

I just walked away after that. I should know better than to try and talk sense into a bunch of Nebbers.
Exactly!

Everything you just said.

It’s tough to argue with Nebbers when they’re just so mentally low as human beings.

I find it’s a better conversation & a better back forth if you argue with a river or
mountains.

Even a simple rock can give you a better back & forth than a Nebber.

Exactly!

Everything you just said.

It’s tough to argue with Nebbers when they’re just so mentally low as human beings.

I find it’s a better conversation & a better back forth if you argue with a river or
mountains.

Even a simple rock can give you a better back & forth than a Nebber.
Amazing you bring that up. When I was a little kid, that was right around the time that pet rocks were the latest craze. It’s a little embarrassing to admit as an adult, but I actually had a pet rock back then, mom and dad gave it to me for my birthday I think. Well, I affectionately named that pet rock “Nebber.” Growing up, my family and I all used to joke that that was the smartest Nebber any of us ever knew!

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

But it’s still funny.

Amazing you bring that up. When I was a little kid, that was right around the time that pet rocks were the latest craze. It’s a little embarrassing to admit as an adult, but I actually had a pet rock back then, mom and dad gave it to me for my birthday I think. Well, I affectionately named that pet rock “Nebber.” Growing up, my family and I all used to joke that that was the smartest Nebber any of us ever knew!
lol!

Poor rock being compared to a Nebber.

That’s not socially acceptable to call rocks Nebber in today’s society.

Very offensive to pet rocks actually.

To be honest: This is the game I care most about. In other words…kinda my Super Bowl as well.

We aren’t going to win in Indianapolis, so, let’s go out with a WIN. F*** Nebraska.

Reactions: intrepodor
It's hate week, and there's no team I despise more than little debbie.

For some of you, that could be Iowa State, the Goofers, or Wisky. It used to be Wisky for me, but little debbie's fans are so insufferable that they've become my most hated team. They walk around like they have a dynasty to uphold, like Alabama or Georgia. They act like they have a culture of winning like Michigan and Ohio State.

They were good for 20 years, and then they came back down to Earth. This is the game I want to win the most every year, simply because I can't stand those losers constantly talking shit like they own us like how Ohio State owns us.

I hope we go in there and beat them in a 17-0 win. Where all they can do is watch their team struggle and not score a single point in their own house.

I hate Nebraska. It's the rival I have the least respect for outside of ISU but I hate Nebraska and their fans who live to tell us how much we suck... despite sucking more.

I'm not sure how locked in we will be to this game. I know KF was tounge in cheek about playing reserves but I'm going to guess he didn't want to show anything on film (like there is anything to hide).

KF seems to be putting his chips in the middle on the Big Ten Title game. May the the last one any of us ever see!

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Is there a program that has more teams’ Super Bowl than Iowa??!

Seriously.

It does suck to have 5 teams annually base their whole seasons on the Iowa game.

Hard for us to get up for all of them every year.

Especially when they’re all just another game for us.
Iowa State
Minnesota
Purdue
Northwestern
Nebraska

And let's be honest, Illinois would be too if our game mattered more often. It certainly does as long as Bulimia is their coach.

This will be a tough game. Nebraska appears to finally have a coach who is not in over his head. They will be a formidable opponent going forward. They are lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball even more than Iowa and still have been in every game except the Michigan game.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Iowa State
Minnesota
Purdue
Northwestern
Nebraska

And let's be honest, Illinois would be too if our game mattered more often. It certainly does as long as Bulimia is their coach.
I don’t think Purdue is really on that list, if anything our fan base made more out of it because of all of the losses recently. And NW was only really because Fitz hated us and made it a program goal to beat us. I see their attitude changing under a new staff.

But of that group ISU and Minny have inferiority complexes with us which explains the Super Bowl comment well. And Nebraska bought into the manufactured rivalry a bit too much. They’ve also developed inferiority complexes ever since firing Pelini.

I don’t think Purdue is really on that list, if anything our fan base made more out of it because of all of the losses recently. And NW was only really because Fitz hated us and made it a program goal to beat us. I see their attitude changing under a new staff.

But of that group ISU and Minny have inferiority complexes with us which explains the Super Bowl comment well. And Nebraska bought into the manufactured rivalry a bit too much. They’ve also developed inferiority complexes ever since firing Pelini.

The Big Ten has had too many manufactured rivalries during expansion.

Heros game - Iowa v UN - manufactured by HyVee
Freedom Game - UN v Wisconsin - who the hell knew this was even a trophy game. Who thought this one up, Culvers?
Land Grant game - PSU and MSU (land grant schools) - just because each team needed another rival.

If UN has a real rival, it's Minnesota for the Five Bits and a Broken Chair Trophy. Also known as "The Has Been Bowl", with Minnesota having 2 more National Championships than UN last century.

Reactions: Gimmered
This will be a tough game. Nebraska appears to finally have a coach who is not in over his head. They will be a formidable opponent going forward. They are lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball even more than Iowa and still have been in every game except the Michigan game.
Hope he continues to coach they way he did against Wisconsin.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Iowa State
Minnesota
Purdue
Northwestern
Nebraska

I agree with Illinois making Iowa their Super Bowl going forward.

The only team I think that considers Iowa their Super Bowl that’s not on your list would be Wisconsin.

I had Wisconsin on the list & not Purdue.

This is my super bowl. I have to much family in Omaha to deal with them being able to talk trash for a year. My cousins besides being Nebby fans are also Philly Eagles fans. Imagine those 2 fanbases mentalities wrapped into 1 person. Now imagine a family of them.
Takes a lot of years to break that kind of delusion.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Nebraska will beat Io a (again) and then the "Hey we won the west still who cares" crowd will be crickets once they lose by 30+ again. No one cares.
It’s got to be a tough pill for Nebbers to swallow to want to beat your big bro Hawkeyes so bad, & Iowa couldn’t care less about this game.

We’ve got a championship to focus on!

When I was a boy Minnesota was Iowa's main rival. Then the Iowa State game was revived and it became the main focus. Then the BIG10 had a momentary lapse of sanity and let Nebraska in. It has been the Huskers ever since for me.

Reactions: coorsoriginal02
Nebraska will beat Io a (again) and then the "Hey we won the west still who cares" crowd will be crickets once they lose by 30+ again. No one cares.
Hawks 13 UNL 10. Your coach has a very low in game football IQ. Its been over a decade since UNL beat Iowa in Lincoln. Welcome to th BIg 10. Enjoy your bowl game.... or not.

Good call, dumbass.

Nebraska might have worse coaching than when Frosty was there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT