ADVERTISEMENT

Lisa Bluder

DTP2

HR Legend
Apr 22, 2006
I have noticed her getting more hate from fans of other teams this year. Other than the Nebraska incident, I cannot think of anything she has ever said or done that might reflect negatively upon her. Does all the hate towards CC rub off on her as well?

Some of it is CC related. But also the success she has has the last couple of years. Other fanbases always hate the teams that are beating them.

But some of the hate should be discounted. ISU and Nebraska fans hate everything Iowa.

Some of it is CC related. But also the success she has has the last couple of years. Other fanbases always hate the teams that are beating them.

But some of the hate should be discounted. ISU and Nebraska fans hate everything Iowa.
And vice versa.

There are people on cyclone fanatic who would tell you the three most evil people the world has ever seen are Stalin, Hitler and Lisa Bluder, not necessarily in that order.

Add Nebraska to the list. They hated her before the loss and incident there in February. They call her Frau Bluder. Kinda funny name but they are a hateful group of everything and anything Iowa.

As far as I'm concerned, she is the best basketball coach the University of Iowa has ever had. Back to back appearances in the championship game puts her above Bucky O'Connor, in my opinion.

Reactions: hawkdave007
As far as I'm concerned, she is the best basketball coach the University of Iowa has ever had. Back to back appearances in the championship game puts her above Bucky O'Connor, in my opinion.
A win tonight would cement that and it wouldn't be close. It's one thing to have the best player women's basketball has ever seen and winning games. Yeah, any coach can look good with that. However, to score wins over every major program, plus be responsible for beating the team that nobody else has been able to beat for 3 years, twice, takes coaching. I have no idea how they can get it done since SC doesn't have the same weakness that they had last year which will make a win tonight even more remarkable. If they win tonight she definitely deserves a statue.

A win tonight would cement that and it wouldn't be close. It's one thing to have the best player women's basketball has ever seen and winning games. Yeah, any coach can look good with that. However, to score wins over every major program, plus be responsible for beating the team that nobody else has been able to beat for 3 years, twice, takes coaching. I have no idea how they can get it done since SC doesn't have the same weakness that they had last year which will make a win tonight even more remarkable. If they win tonight she definitely deserves a statue.
Agree. For Iowa to win, gotta run, spread the court, wear down SC, and need a player to go off like LSU had last year. It can happen but the margin for this to happen is slim. Go Hawks.

Reactions: BioHawk
Why she wasn't Big Ten coach of the year is a travesty.
Travesty seriously??? Who won the regular season? Who blew double digit 4th quarter leads against Ohio St. and Nebraska?

Bluder is a great coach, but didn't deserve COY this year.

Add Nebraska to the list. They hated her before the loss and incident there in February. They call her Frau Bluder. Kinda funny name but they are a hateful group of everything and anything Iowa.
Just the mere word Nebraska shouts irrelevant.It is a different world when you cross the Missouri River..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT