ADVERTISEMENT

Little bit of smoke.

Confirmed from Trent that with no OC, he is not visiting this weekend. Iowa also sitting right now at 88 scholarships, even with Cooper leaving.
government americans GIF

I do know that Lujan from South Dakota St interviewed for OC position which is encouraging that new offensive philosophies are definitely being considered,
Sounds like they are going to name an OC earlier rather than later, I would have hoped this was wrapped up by now. Lujan has only been the OC since 2022 though.

This David eickholt guy seems to put stuff out there that at times doesn’t pan out. I know that prolly happens a lot to a lot of them but eickholt is one I follow as he usually is pretty quick to let fans know… maybe too quick? Or did something change? Any update from someone who knows what it’s all about?
Kakert had an article stating the same quoting a "source close to the Iowa program".

Reactions: ICHawk2440
It appears as though the smoke was very little, indeed.

Cracks me up that fans still hold out hope for any significant deviation from what we’ve seen the past quarter century. With Cade’s history, I’ll be shocked if we don’t see Hill trotted out there again at some point next year.

• Sad
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
That and the optics of the last few years. Why would a kid with this level of talent want to play for the offense we've seen recently?
Playing time, money, and staying in the P5. I think it's fairly simple to see that Iowa has a much larger national projection than Tulane ever will.

Wonder if The Capt's pick for OC will wind up being some washed up Fossil that he can tightly control on terms of (lack of) innovation?
KF isnt looking a pass happy OC who runs an option offense, I still think that someone like Bill O'Brien is the right fit - a huddle-up, power run, balanced offense proponent who can upgrade the playbook and add a number of wrinkles.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Eyyyyyy waddayaknow.

Glad I didn't sweat about this kid. Never trust any of these guys, their word isn't worth the spit the wasted saying it.
it's the dead season, and the basketball team blows...Not much else to do.

And do you trust KF to coach them up on the offensive side of the ball? I don’t. That’s why I quit donating, buying season tickets and won’t give any money to the NIL until KF is gone and Iowa has a coach that is serious about trying to win on the offensive side of the ball. And it makes me wonder how many fans are like me that don’t and won’t contribute due to KF’s handling of the offense with his son as OC and not try to find the best one over one that fits his narrative of play not to lose on that side of the ball. Kirk 1.0 isn’t what is needed in this time and age of college football, nor is it complicated.
You need to root/follow Alabama.
They seem to have everything you need in a team.
They are begging for money after losing to Michigan.

You need to root/follow Alabama.
They seem to have everything you need in a team.
They are begging for money after losing to Michigan.
I root for OU too since I was a little kid. That’s a program that makes smart, what’s in the best interest of the program decisions instead of what’s in the best interest of a head coach that makes decisions for him and his family. Suck it if you don’t like it.

Playing time, money, and staying in the P5. I think it's fairly simple to see that Iowa has a much larger national projection than Tulane ever will.
He can get playing time and money elsewhere. P5 would be great, but it's not necessary to get drafted, plenty of NFL QBs come out of non-P5 schools. All of them because they had a chance to show their full skill set...something unlikely to happen under KFz. The lights aren't as bright at Tulane, but a good fit might be more important to him.

Coach or not, kids can be bought.
Yes, they can. And Iowa has a terrible qb room relying on a guy with two surgically repaired knees to be the guy, a turnover machine, and a freshman that we were told isn’t good enough to play ahead of the human turnover machine. That speaks volumes about why he choose not to come to Iowa. It’s just amazing how bad the offensive coaches are at player personnel and development.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT