ADVERTISEMENT

looking at what this team has this year vs the past few years

tell you what go rag on Joe Philbin as he is the one that talked KF into hiring GD in the 1st place.
he was brought in to turn IA's offense into more of a high powered offense to rack up more points and yards.

Then why hasn't he turned the offense in to a more high powered offense?

the fact that Kaz did it Nebraska and not at IA should tell you something, and do you know that GD'S 1st Class doesn't have the talent you demand that he gets?

Parker SR/KR fastest player on the team
Wadley RB second fastest player on the team
Daniels co starter broke IA's short shuttle time
Willies quit
Mitchell now at RB after starting out at WR after coming in as a ATH
these were all brought in GD's 1st Recruiting class,
King was a member of GD's 1st recruiting class
Vandeburg lazer timed sub 4.5 40 faster than KMM, McNutt and Hinkle led the team in yards per catch at 18.5, a member of that 2013 class, played as a true FR, now how did that happen if GD's playbook was so complicated
Powell was a JUCO WR that was a 2013 recruit

now what more did you want him to do, bring in 5* WR's? when KOK NEVER DID.
I see 1 player that has contributed alot out of that group-King. GD had absolutely nothing to do with his recruitment..NOTHING! Good post. You are proving my point..Iowa doesn't have much as far as skill players available. Smith being the only proven player-Good player that GD had nothing to do with as far as recruiting goes(Guess who recruited him?)(especially since GD wanted skill players to help his offense perform). That is why you see guys like McCarron,Stone, and Hillyer, a greyshirt with zero offers like Vandenberg- being forced to play at the skill positions right now. LOL...This is the best GD and his awesome recruiting efforts can do after 3 years? Do you now understand why the offense under GD's tutelage is lambasted as much as it is? This is what KF was expecting when he hired GD off of the scrapheap? This is supposed to elevate Iowa into some form of relevancy? JFC...ISU has a better collection of wr's than Iowa...Think about THAT! A f'n dumpster fire of a program within the same state doesn't have to rely on afterthoughts and rejects/walk ons/ players stolen from the powerhouse-Tulsa(Parker) and grayshirts at the wr position....They have kids that actually had MULTIPLE power 5 conference offers. Iowa is still waiting for GD to have some form of positive impact(on the field) when it comes to skill players...The skill players it takes to run his offense...Again, for the 5th time...How many years was it supposed to take before GD could recruit the qaulity players it was supposed to take to make his offense work? I do like the potential of Ogwo/Smith, and Falconer, but I'd guess they are a year or two away from seeing the field. This year is going to be a struggle offensively. Looking at the mess on the OL, combined with limited wr's and a hurt Duzey and you can see why many people aren't expecting much from the Iowa O in GD's FOURTH season at the helm..

Kaz recruited 2 players you like/liked for the Hawks-Rudock and Mabin. That is 1 more than GD has accomplished...

Hinkel and McNutt have what to do with this thread? Vandeberg was forced to play because they nothing else at the position..Do you understand this? That is due to the recruiting done by GD and staff...They were forced to play a grayshirt from South Dakota at the wr position...He has the potential to be a useful player, but my god, if that doesn't prove to you the qaulity of the skill players they have brought in up to that point......Again, why isn't, and why hasn't, GD been more capable on the recruiting trail? What is the excuse for him being personally responsible for 1 single player, that bolted rather quickly, I might add. Again, compare any 3 year period for KOK and GD...Still waiting for that lenghthy list of recruits GD has personally scouted/evaluated, and signed while at Iowa..Looking for all of those updates from him out there scouring the high schools looking for talent...Lol...

Last edited:
I see 1 player that has contributed alot out of that group-King. GD had absolutely nothing to do with his recruitment..NOTHING! Good post. You are proving my point..Iowa doesn't have much as far as skill players available. Smith being the only proven player-Good player that GD had nothing to do with as far as recruiting goes(Guess who recruited him?)(especially since GD wanted skill players to help his offense perform). That is why you see guys like McCarron,Stone, and Hillyer, a greyshirt with zero offers like Vandenberg- being forced to play at the skill positions right now. LOL...This is the best GD and his awesome recruiting efforts can do after 3 years? Do you now understand why the offense under GD's tutelage is lambasted as much as it is? This is what KF was expecting when he hired GD off of the scrapheap? This is supposed to elevate Iowa into some form of relevancy? JFC...ISU has a better collection of wr's than Iowa...Think about THAT! A f'n dumpster fire of a program within the same state doesn't have to rely on afterthoughts and rejects/walk ons/ players stolen from the powerhouse-Tulsa(Parker) and grayshirts at the wr position....They have kids that actually had MULTIPLE power 5 conference offers. Iowa is still waiting for GD to have some form of positive impact(on the field) when it comes to skill players...The skill players it takes to run his offense...Again, for the 5th time...How many years was it supposed to take before GD could recruit the qaulity players it was supposed to take to make his offense work? I do like the potential of Ogwo/Smith, and Falconer, but I'd guess they are a year or two away from seeing the field. This year is going to be a struggle offensively. Looking at the mess on the OL, combined with limited wr's and a hurt Duzey and you can see why many people aren't expecting much from the Iowa O in GD's FOURTH season at the helm..

Kaz recruited 2 players you like/liked for the Hawks-Rudock and Mabin. That is 1 more than GD has accomplished...

Hinkel and McNutt have what to do with this thread? Vandeberg was forced to play because they nothing else at the position..Do you understand this? That is due to the recruiting done by GD and staff...They were forced to play a grayshirt from South Dakota at the wr position...He has the potential to be a useful player, but my god, if that doesn't prove to you the qaulity of the skill players they have brought in up to that point......Again, why isn't, and why hasn't, GD been more capable on the recruiting trail? What is the excuse for him being personally responsible for 1 single player, that bolted rather quickly, I might add. Again, compare any 3 year period for KOK and GD...Still waiting for that lenghthy list of recruits GD has personally scouted/evaluated, and signed while at Iowa..Looking for all of those updates from him out there scouring the high schools looking for talent...Lol...

There's no use in trying to get Kilroy to see the error in his thinking. He constantly contradicts all his previous posts with every new post of his and he doesn't understand that he does this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT