ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like ISM is having a good game for the Chiefs

He’s been great but probably still only making the practice squad. Article in the paper today said we never keep 7, and rarely even utilize 6. But the guy is improving which is most important thing and at least if a team is looking and he does get cut he’s probably going to get picked up.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
He’s been great but probably still only making the practice squad. Article in the paper today said we never keep 7, and rarely even utilize 6. But the guy is improving which is most important thing and at least if a team is looking and he does get cut he’s probably going to get picked up.
I read something about that. Chiefs have kept 6 WR's for like the last 4 years and the 5th and 6th WR all those years have like 35 receptions between them. That was the gist of it anyway.

They have 8 in camp, when does Toney come back? Also, who between Ross and Watson (out of Clemson) did they take a flyer on? I think IS-M has a shot, albeit a long one.

I think both Watson and Ross are making the team. Watson was pretty good last year. And they’re very high on Ross.

I’d say he’s 7, but if Toney is not ready he’s probably making the team, at least initially. They’ll keep 6, but good question with Toney.

Reactions: kceasthawk
**** the Chiefs and the horse they rode in on.
71JWnMQ+xzL.jpg

He has had a good preseason and will likely land in a roster. With all of the Chief’s questions at wide receiver (do they have a true #1 threat?), this preseason showed they have some quality depth. ISM has the versatility to help on special teams. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with the Chiefs or is picked up elsewhere, but I believe he has shown enough to stick with some teams 53 man roster.

I really hope they keep him, but he’s probably on the outside looking in. If they put Toney on the IR, they can keep ISM for at least another 6 weeks to give him a chance to show them what he can do. They should probably keep him over Watson anyway but they just gave Watson a multi year deal

Reactions: F5n5 and littlez
I really hope they keep him, but he’s probably on the outside looking in. If they put Toney on the IR, they can keep ISM for at least another 6 weeks to give him a chance to show them what he can do. They should probably keep him over Watson anyway but they just gave Watson a multi year deal
Again, he’s our 7th receiver. The rookie from SMU has had a lot of drops but they spent money on him so he’s staying. Ross is staying as well. His roster spot depends on the health of Toney.

He has had a good preseason and will likely land in a roster. With all of the Chief’s questions at wide receiver (do they have a true #1 threat?), this preseason showed they have some quality depth. ISM has the versatility to help on special teams. Will be interesting to see if he sticks with the Chiefs or is picked up elsewhere, but I believe he has shown enough to stick with some teams 53 man roster.
The Chiefs should cut him so the Vikings can pick him back up.

Fumbled too many times for the Vikings. The man needs to learn how to secure the football
Oh I know. He was pretty much responsible for the Vikings win over the Bears in Minneapolis last year.

Of course I also expect him to rack up 100 yards and 2 TDs in Kansas City's blowout win over the Vikings this year, because of course that's what will happen..................

Chiefs’ reporter in The Athletic predicts that ISM will not be one of the 7 WRs kept on the roster. But, he predicts that ISM will be a sought after commodity and insinuates that he’ll easily find a job with one of the other 31 teams. ISM has a colorful quote describing himself as the “one of the baddest m—- f—- in the league.”

Sometimes I wonder if the guy is his own worst enemy. Who knows??

Reactions: kceasthawk
Chiefs’ reporter in The Athletic predicts that ISM will not be one of the 7 WRs kept on the roster. But, he predicts that ISM will be a sought after commodity and insinuates that he’ll easily find a job with one of the other 31 teams. ISM has a colorful quote describing himself as the “one of the baddest m—- f—- in the league.”

He’s having to scratch and claw for everything, especially as an Iowa receiver! Lol. Dude is from Newark, maybe a little crazy but he’s doing everything he can to make it somewhere.

Andy Reid and his other offensive OC's have loved the speed. Hill and Hardman were both burners as well as a couple of others. I didnt know Toney was not practicing but then again I really dont follow pre season much.

I have been a Chiefs fan since they moved from Dallas. Loved their first Super Bowl win and the other championships but man they have also had some really good teams flop in the post season. Glad to see them get over the hump the last few years.

Will be interesting today and tomorrow before cuts to see if the Chiefs make any trades which impact cuts. For example, they seem extra deep at WR, OL, Corner & Safety. Will they just cut, or make trades? If the do that, it won't necessarily be at the bottom so could help those on the bubble with talent.

Trade: Panthers received WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette from Chiefs as teams also swap conditional 2025 seventh-rounders. Smith-Marsette was second in the league in receiving yards this preseason, with nine receptions for 195 yards and 2 TDS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT