ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chiefs make the Bills fans cry; some franchises are just snakebit; wide right again

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
Man Josh Allen is just very good, excellent almost. Late in the game he made some really good deep throws that the receivers dropped. But the Chiefs did it to them again.

Chiefs DC Spagnola just tighteded the screws in the 4th qtr and forces punts and a big stop on a fake punt.

Did any of you see the late field goal try by the Bills that missed way right. they showed a couple of grown men but youngish who were just losing it, I mean it looked like they were crying hard. Must have bet a ton on the game.

Mahomes was a little off in the first half but he played a great 2nd half.

Chiefs at Ravens; we will see if the Chiefs offense can figure out that junk yard dog raven's defense

After a failed fake punt, Pacheco took a carry for almost 30 yards and put the Chiefs inside the 5 to go up 2 scores.

Andy Reid decided, hey... let's get cute and run one of my awesome plays on first down (normally, they work but the theme this year is they are too cute). Who gets the ball?
Pacheco who got them down there? No.
CEH his backup running back with sure hands? No.
Kelce, he's already got 2 so great option, right? No.
Mahomes run it himself? No.
The guy who already fumbled on his only other touch? Yes!
What happened? Fumbled out the endzone!
That play, despite the win, still has me absolutely fired up. How anyone can trust Hardman to be careful with the ball is insane.

Then to make matters worse and more butt hole clinching. Josh Allen fumbled. Instead of just diving on the ball and almost ending the game, we tried to scoop and score only to allow the TE to poke the ball away and the OL (from UNI) grab it. I almost puked.

Then, Bass had to go and make the point of your thread happen. Miss wide.

The Chiefs looked like they just blew the game and the Bills did something very playoff Bills like to lose.

Maybe fans needed to jump off of 13 ft of snow into burning tables instead of 12?

Last edited:
After a failed game punt, Pacheco took a carry for almost 30 yards and put the Chiefs inside the 5 to go up 2 scores.

Andy Reid decided, hey... let's get cute and run one of my awesome plays on first down (normally, they work but the theme this year is they are too cute). Who gets the ball?
That play, despite the win, still has me absolutely fired up. How anyone can trust Hardman to be careful with the ball is insane.

Then to make matters worse and more butt hole clinching. Josh Allen fumbled. Instead of just diving on the ball and almost ending the game, we tried to scoop and score only to allow the TE to poke the ball away and the OL (from UNI) grab it. I almost puked.

The Chiefs looked like they just blew the game and the Bills did something very playoff Bills like to lose.

Maybe fans needed to jump off of 13 ft of snow into burning tables instead of 12?
Yep good summary. Chiefs looked like they were going to blow it. Huge chiefs fan so still happy about the win but should have never come to a missed field goal. Seeing Bill's tears are always delicious though

This was their best chance imo. Home game vs a Chiefs team that is lacking down field threats. No Burrow, no Rogers. When are they going to do it? Chargers have unbelievable talent, imagine them with a real coach.

The Browns with Watson should be dangerous. The Colts will get Richardson back. The Texans aren't going anywhere. The Jaguars should bounce back. When are they going to at least make a Super Bowl?

After a failed fake punt, Pacheco took a carry for almost 30 yards and put the Chiefs inside the 5 to go up 2 scores.

I am definitely with you on the coaches being too cute for their own good. I think both coaches settled for field goals when they had first and goal, made a good gain running on first down, and then with the ball around the 1 or 2 yard line, they called pass plays. I see this a lot all over the field in football, gain 8 yards running and then pass on 2nd and 2, it is incomplete and then they choke running the ball on 3rd and 2.

I feel your anxiety about waiting for Coach Reid to pull one of his special plays out of his magic hat when it is not needed.

Was Chris Jones dinged up early in the game? He seemed to be out for awhile and I know the chiefs were rotating their DLinemen a lot.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I am definitely with you on the coaches being too cute for their own good. I think both coaches settled for field goals when they had first and goal, made a good gain running on first down, and then with the ball around the 1 or 2 yard line, they called pass plays. I see this a lot all over the field in football, gain 8 yards running and then pass on 2nd and 2, it is incomplete and then they choke running the ball on 3rd and 2.

I feel your anxiety about waiting for Coach Reid to pull one of his special plays out of his magic hat when it is not needed.

Was Chris Jones dinged up early in the game? He seemed to be out for awhile and I know the chiefs were rotating their DLinemen a lot.

That I am not sure about. I thought he got rolled up on early and didn't look quite himself after. I was impressed with the Bills pass blocking tonight. I can't wait to go against our guy Linderbaum and have him throw dudes 10 yards down field...

This was their best chance imo. Home game vs a Chiefs team that is lacking down field threats. No Burrow, no Rogers. When are they going to do it? Chargers have unbelievable talent, imagine them with a real coach.

The Browns with Watson should be dangerous. The Colts will get Richardson back. The Texans aren't going anywhere. The Jaguars should bounce back. When are they going to at least make a Super Bowl?
The problem is none of those dudes are Mahomes. He has been to three Super Bowls and won two in the six years he has started. He has also been to six AFC championship games. It would not shock me if the Chiefs won it again this year.

Reactions: KU4LIFE and littlez
Somewhere, Scott Norwood is smiling ear-to-ear. Not the same stakes, but at least the current generation has a new kicker to loathe....

I doubt the Missed FG mattered. There was plenty of time on clock for Mahomes to drive for a game winning FG and Bills defense wasn't looking good.

Falcons fan here

28-3

'nuff said
Yeah, I used to pull for the Pats early on in their Super Bowl winning spree depending on who they were playing. But by the time they played the falcons no one at our watch party wanted the pats to win and your guys blew it. just a little joking

Last edited:
The problem is none of those dudes are Mahomes. He has been to three Super Bowls and won two in the six years he has started. He has also been to six AFC championship games. It would not shock me if the Chiefs won it again this year.
The Ravens look like the best team to me. Jackson is a more dynamic player than Mahomes. It wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs won, but there is no true dynamo this year. The Lions could win the whole thing.

Giving the ball to Hardman, a guy that even the Jets didn’t want might have been Andy’s dumbest play call ever. That would have been basically ballgame. I’m hoping we’ve seen the last of him but since Andy doesn’t give up on his players I expect to see us send him deep this week and then see him give up on another ball.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
The Ravens look like the best team to me. Jackson is a more dynamic player than Mahomes. It wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs won, but there is no true dynamo this year. The Lions could win the whole thing.
Jackson a more dynamic player than Mahomes? The guy who is now playing in his 6th consecutive AFC championship game? Better runner. Better QB? No.

Giving the ball to Hardman, a guy that even the Jets didn’t want might have been Andy’s dumbest play call ever. That would have been basically ballgame. I’m hoping we’ve seen the last of him but since Andy doesn’t give up on his players I expect to see us send him deep this week and then see him give up on another ball.
I have read stories and heard sports analysts on games say that coaches like belichick and some other top coaches do not want their ball carriers reach the ball out for the goalline because of the fumble rules around the endzone.

All Hardman had to do was tuck the ball solidly in his left hand and arm as he was running to the left on this sweep. But he is a WR and not a running back and he had the ball out in his two hands exposed to getting knocked away.

Basic football technique was not used. Maybe coach reid will have him and his other WRs practice drills on running with the football with players trying to knock it away

I think it is also the Ravens wacky attack from all angles with various blitz looks that is even more the strength of their team. The Chiefs had a tough time with Josh Allen running the ball and if Willie Gay is hurt that will be a negative. LamarJ seems to be faster and shiftier that Mahomes.

But the QBs are there to mainly win by passing. And LJackson has a history of playing average at best in these big games while Mahomes usually plays very good to great. Even the first championship game loss that Mahomes had at home to the Pats Mahomes had a slow first qtr but then he lit up Belichicks defense.

Reactions: KU4LIFE and littlez
Jackson a more dynamic player than Mahomes? The guy who is now playing in his 6th consecutive AFC championship game? Better runner. Better QB? No.
Right now Mahomes has much the better record and level of play in these big late season and playoff games than Jackson does. If the chiefs have a better run defense results and put all the pressure on Jackson's arm then Jackson tends to wither under the pressure many times

Reactions: littlez
Both teams play dangerous types of football.

Will be SF or D against the Ravens. Ravens win. Long time 49er fan here.

More dynamic in that he can run for a 80 yard touchdown on a dime. He has arm strength just below Mahomes. He isn't as accurate, as polished. But he is more explosive, not better. For what it's worth, Josh Allen is way more dynamic than Joe Burrow. I would take Burrow over Allen anyday though.

I think it is also the Ravens wacky attack from all angles with various blitz looks that is even more the strength of their team. The Chiefs had a tough time with Josh Allen running the ball and if Willie Gay is hurt that will be a negative. LamarJ seems to be faster and shiftier that Mahomes.

But the QBs are there to mainly win by passing. And LJackson has a history of playing average at best in these big games while Mahomes usually plays very good to great. Even the first championship game loss that Mahomes had at home to the Pats Mahomes had a slow first qtr but then he lit up Belichicks defense.
As an Eagles fan, I have major respect for what Reid has done his entire career. Patrick Mahomes just won his first road playoff game, the last checkmark in his career imo. But Chiefs fans have become way too sensitive to any criticism directed at Patrick.

There is no such thing as a perfect QB. The Chiefs have won this year with defense. I respect them more this year because of the adversity they've faced. It's only going to get tougher down the road though.

With Harbaugh going to the Chargers. The Raiders maybe making a wise coaching decision, and the Broncos getting a QB Payton can mold. That's just the Chief's division.

Cincy will be back with a healthy Burrow. Cleveland has a championship roster when all their players come back. The Steelers never are far from contending under Tomlin. Obviously the Ravens.

Then you have the Jets with Rodgers. The Bills with Allen, and the Dolphins have unbelievable talent. They need to find some toughness.

Oh, did anybody see Stroud this year? The Colts and Jaguars were both fringe playoff teams as well. It's crazy man.

I'm just glad the Eagles are in the NFC .

I saw Bartman and a bunch of his friends at the game blowing as hard as they could to make that ball miss. He’s no longer in hiding. He was in Buffalo.

As an Eagles fan, I have major respect for what Reid has done his entire career. Patrick Mahomes just won his first road playoff game, the last checkmark in his career imo. But Chiefs fans have become way too sensitive to any criticism directed at Patrick.

There is no such thing as a perfect QB. The Chiefs have won this year with defense. I respect them more this year because of the adversity they've faced. It's only going to get tougher down the road though.

With Harbaugh going to the Chargers. The Raiders maybe making a wise coaching decision, and the Broncos getting a QB Payton can mold. That's just the Chief's division.

Cincy will be back with a healthy Burrow. Cleveland has a championship roster when all their players come back. The Steelers never are far from contending under Tomlin. Obviously the Ravens.

Then you have the Jets with Rodgers. The Bills with Allen, and the Dolphins have unbelievable talent. They need to find some toughness.

Oh, did anybody see Stroud this year? The Colts and Jaguars were both fringe playoff teams as well. It's crazy man.

I'm just glad the Eagles are in the NFC .
AFC is incredibly tough. Another factor that you left out is that Mahomes has basically been healthy for all 6 years of his run, except for being super banged up along w/his o line against the Bucs in that ass kicking they took. Burrow starting already show some wear and tear. Lamar has been banged up which has kept him from reaching his full potential. If he stays healthy Chiefs and Ravens are a step above anyone else in the AFC. Chiefs have the youngest defense in the NFL and also the 2nd best. Wake me up when the Raiders and Broncos are good. Or when Cleveland actually wins a playoff game. DeShawn Watson is not the QB to lead them. And I hope you're joking about Rodgers. 39 and coming off an achilles injury. They're a joke like he is. Bills have gotten old in a lot of key positions and will need to keep revamping their lineup. And Allen can only continue to carry a team running and passing.

What's completely disgusting is reports that Bass was receiving death threats after missing the FG attempt.
What a joke society has become over a game. Yeah it sucks when your team loses, but for God sakes people get some perspective.

Reactions: littlez
What's completely disgusting is reports that Bass was receiving death threats after missing the FG attempt.
What a joke society has become over a game. Yeah it sucks when your team loses, but for God sakes people get some perspective.
You're not wrong, but it's not new either. Remember Pablo Escobar?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT