ADVERTISEMENT

Lost Team Point

In football and basketball at halftime the coaches wall onto the fields of play as soon as the time has expired (for the half).

Not saying it is exactly the same, but if there is an intermission (a halftime) then it should be.

Ironic because of all the times that TnT could have had a point deducted that probably would be well deserved, it is instead called on Mickey Mouse B.S. like this.

True. And had it been called on the other times, we'd accept it better this time. Tom didn't argue it in his press conference. I never consider it Mickey Mouse when a ref follows the rulebook.

True. And had it been called on the other times, we'd accept it better this time. Tom didn't argue it in his press conference. I never consider it Mickey Mouse when a ref follows the rulebook.

You have to speak Brands...he is not going to criticize the ref overtly during a presser. He did say "I got to be better...I went out to congratulate Tony at the break and I guess that's a team point." I think you would agree that refs pick and choose when to follow the "rulebook." Congratulating your guy after the match is done at halftime is Mickey Mouse.
https://iawrestle.com/2020/01/24/tom-brands-assesses-ohio-state-team-win/

If they are deducting points for coaches being on the mat, went to the UNL and PSU meet last night and the final score should've been 4 - 4. Sanderson and Manning were on the mat what seemed like the entire meet.

They need to get refs on the same page. Either it is a warning or it is automatic deduction...

You have to speak Brands...he is not going to criticize the ref overtly during a presser. He did say "I got to be better...I went out to congratulate Tony at the break and I guess that's a team point." I think you would agree that refs pick and choose when to follow the "rulebook." Congratulating your guy after the match is done at halftime is Mickey Mouse.
https://iawrestle.com/2020/01/24/tom-brands-assesses-ohio-state-team-win/
Some refs probably do pick and choose. They shouldn't...their job is to enforce the rules...if you believe in rules

You quote Brands. He could also have honestly said "I walked about 10 feet out on the mat while both wrestlers were still on the mat and the ref was raising Cass's hand as the winner." But he skipped that part.

Are you campaigning for the ref's right to pick and choose when and if to enforce rules?

I love TB, but he did walk far out onto the mat, and was clapping pretty hard. Not a big deal IMO, but it looked like the Asst is who pointed out to Angel where Tom was standing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT