ADVERTISEMENT

Last night 18 hours later

Honest question:

When was the last time you’ve seen one of Penn States studs get majored by a freshman (without scoring an offensive point) or pinned in the national tournament?.

This doesn’t happen to Iowa wrestling, 1 guy gets smacked in the mouth and the next guy goes out and smacks back. An extremely gutless performance. It could be a really bad few weeks for Iowa wrestling, as bad as any could remember.

Honest question:

When was the last time you’ve seen one of Penn States studs get majored by a freshman (without scoring an offensive point) or pinned in the national tournament?.
Freshman Nick Lee was an 8-seed and got pinned in the first period in the first round. (He came back to take 5th.)

Freshman David Taylor was pinned in the finals by former teammate Bubba Jenkins.

So we were UNDEFEATED and took a bad loss... we were the #2 Ranking in the Nation, probably a bit overrated but we don't do the rankings... we have crushed some Big Ten teams already this season and will probably lose to 1 or 2 more. We have been ranked in the top five for over a decade now and more or less are always at near the top of the rankings. Our coaches are solid and are not trendy or cheaters like others in the college sports scene { wink wink Michigan FB } We are building a Brand new State of the Art facility and our NIL funds are starting to make a difference. We have 9.... yes NINE DIFFERENT STARTERS from last years team.... let me say that again ... NINE DIFFERENT STARTERS from last seasons team and yes we were still UNDEFEATED until last night. Did we lose last night ??? Hell yeah !! We sucked swamp water from the bottom of the duck blind and seemed to enjoy it... but we will bounce back. Hell I know colleges that would cut off a leg to have 1/10th of the success that IOWA WRESTLING HAS....do we need to make some changes??? hell yeah and we will do what we can but some of these personal attacks on coaches and kids just make me sick. If you cant stand to watch the team ...then leave...its a free world. If we would have won last night it would have been the same coaches and the same kids on the team and we wouldnt even dream of these firings and starting over moves.... just settle down and maybe make a contribution to the HWC because at PSU its all about the MONEY... when they got a multi-million donor who bankrolled NIL before it was even a thing they started a program that is now the envy of the rest of the country. They have become the Yankees of college wrestling and spending has no limits...they buy for whatever weight class they need to fill. Alabama did the same thing but eventually other teams caught up and even the Yankees aren't a sure thing anymore. Go Hawks !!!!

So we were UNDEFEATED and took a bad loss... we were the #2 Ranking in the Nation, probably a bit overrated but we don't do the rankings... we have crushed some Big Ten teams already this season and will probably lose to 1 or 2 more. We have been ranked in the top five for over a decade now and more or less are always at near the top of the rankings. Our coaches are solid and are not trendy or cheaters like others in the college sports scene { wink wink Michigan FB } We are building a Brand new State of the Art facility and our NIL funds are starting to make a difference. We have 9.... yes NINE DIFFERENT STARTERS from last years team.... let me say that again ... NINE DIFFERENT STARTERS from last seasons team and yes we were still UNDEFEATED until last night. Did we lose last night ??? Hell yeah !! We sucked swamp water from the bottom of the duck blind and seemed to enjoy it... but we will bounce back. Hell I know colleges that would cut off a leg to have 1/10th of the success that IOWA WRESTLING HAS....do we need to make some changes??? hell yeah and we will do what we can but some of these personal attacks on coaches and kids just make me sick. If you cant stand to watch the team ...then leave...its a free world. If we would have won last night it would have been the same coaches and the same kids on the team and we wouldnt even dream of these firings and starting over moves.... just settle down and maybe make a contribution to the HWC because at PSU its all about the MONEY... when they got a multi-million donor who bankrolled NIL before it was even a thing they started a program that is now the envy of the rest of the country. They have become the Yankees of college wrestling and spending has no limits...they buy for whatever weight class they need to fill. Alabama did the same thing but eventually other teams caught up and even the Yankees aren't a sure thing anymore. Go Hawks !!!!
Always Alabama. Other teams have caught up with them. Bullshit. Look up the stats for the last 10 years.

You forgot to mention the tunnel.

with GIF

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Freshman Nick Lee was an 8-seed and got pinned in the first period in the first round. (He came back to take 5th.)

Freshman David Taylor was pinned in the finals by former teammate Bubba Jenkins.
I’m not gonna count freshman Lee as an 8 seed.

Taylor Id say is a wash as him and Bubba spent a year wrestling in the same room.

Iowa was flat
Michigan was up

Bama loses in football
Ravens lost
Iowa girls basketball loses
Spencer lost
Didn’t USA lose in basketball
Russia lost in1980 hockey

Things happen relax.

The TNT is still dynomite
We as fans have quit upholding the standards of Iowa wrestling. If we were still upholding those standards, we wouldn’t tolerate these results. When the cat’s away, the mice come out to play.

Reactions: MVPFAN
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT