ADVERTISEMENT

Lots and lots of tickets left for Minny game

just buy a couple frozen pizzas!

Facebook_Post_RBGophers_1200x630.jpg

Fleck is just slightly ahead of what Glen Mason accomplished.
Minnesota football has a ceiling of about 8 wins consistently. Not horrible, but hardly elite.

Fleck is a fantastic self promoter, tho.
Mason was at UM 10 years and had 3 teams with 8 wins or more. 32-48 in Big 10 play. Was 3-4 in bowl games.

Fleck is in year 6 at UM and has already had two 8 win teams and might have a 3rd this year. 25-25 in Big 10 play so far. He's 3-0 in bowl games.

I'd definitely say Fleck is ahead of Mason so far.

MSP is NFL country. The Vikings are good this year and play in perfect weather every home game. The Gophers would have to be undefeated and playing Michigan or Ohio St to sell out Saturday's game.

Iowa fans could make it a fun weekend.

On Sunday, TJ Hockenson & the Minnesota Vikings (8-1) host the Dallas Cowboys (6-3).

So if the winds are supposed to be coming out of the NW; what sections would be the best to have the wind at our back and not blowing in our face? Looks like the middle sections on both sides have bucket seats instead of bleacher seating. Pretty crazy ticket prices in one row high up are $195 per ticket and then the next row higher drop to $75 per ticket.

I went to a fair number of games at the dome, mostly in the 90's. I loved that it was late in the year but the "weather" was perfect. What I don't like is the lack of a tailgate scene there. I never quite know what to do there before the game. I missed the '02 game bacause I was in New York for my little sister's wedding (no pics).

The '08 game was fun.

I haven't been there to the new stadium. With season tickets, going to road games doesn't happen as much as I need a few "free" weekends in the fall to take care of stuff around the house and yard.

I never miss the Minnesota game. Shorter drive than to Iowa city. Usually in cities by 4pm Friday before game. Piano bar or JOHNNY Holm band night before game. Accumulation of events might keep me home this year.
3pm phone hearing Friday, bad weather, and start of season have put a damper on trip north.
Unless great memories from previous trips change my mind by Friday☺
I love Johnny! Do they have a regular spot they play up there?

It's pretty clear they'd rather have empty seats than Hawk fans in attendance. I thought of going as I have friends in the cities but Eff that cost.

Reactions: hawkhockey
What the eff are these prices?
I love in the suburbs of the twin cities. Someone locally posted today about two lower level tickets and a parking pass for $150. With the weather expected even that is too much. I might offer $50 on Friday if I’m feeling crazy to see if they’ll take it.

What the eff are these prices?
I’m hoping the secondary market starts dropping soon, but yeah, the prices on the university website are crazy, basically $160 for the cheapest lower level tickets and like $80-110 for upper level tickets. I’ve been checking for weeks now and there are barely any seats being purchased through the university

I love in the suburbs of the twin cities. Someone locally posted today about two lower level tickets and a parking pass for $150. With the weather expected even that is too much. I might offer $50 on Friday if I’m feeling crazy to see if they’ll take it.

My buddy is coming to the game from Florida. He texted me that he found some for $50 now.

Again, if I made it through the US game there in February with -30 something windchill all game, I could make this.

I wondered if she ever lived it down?
doubtful she did, since I heard she got canned afterwards.

but what happened to the guy? any ramifications? I am almost of the belief after looking at her picture that she was probably worth it, although I have to wonder about the logistics of doing it in a bathroom stall.

these incidents are the kind of thing that allows our adversaries to make Iowa fans into punch lines, though

Reactions: IAHUNTER
doubtful she did, since I heard she got canned afterwards.

but what happened to the guy? any ramifications? I am almost of the belief after looking at her picture that she was probably worth it, although I have to wonder about the logistics of doing it in a bathroom stall.

these incidents are the kind of thing that allows our adversaries to make Iowa fans into punch lines, though
“Punch lines?” I think most CFB fans would say heroes.

He scored more than Minnesota that day. Think the score was 69-0 on the field and in the bathroom stall!

I’m hoping the secondary market starts dropping soon, but yeah, the prices on the university website are crazy, basically $160 for the cheapest lower level tickets and like $80-110 for upper level tickets. I’ve been checking for weeks now and there are barely any seats being purchased through the university
I just went to Stubhub and found good seats for $27. Everything else was >$50, but I think that was just the first shoe to drop. Should have a good selection at that price soon.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Minny is 7-3 and playing a hated rival. But, can't come close to selling out their 51k seat stadium.

Weak.
For a chance to win the West for the very first time. Wow,what a weak fanbase. Do you think they are hating themselves for building that outdoor stadium when they could have saved the money and played in the new Viking home?

Not exactly an exciting matchup. Two punch less teams, running the stretch play over and over. With an occasional bootleg incompletion. Over/Under 32 lol. The Big 10 West baby just pathetic.

Not exactly an exciting matchup. Two punch less teams, running the stretch play over and over. With an occasional bootleg incompletion. Over/Under 32 lol. The Big 10 West baby just pathetic.
You sure do pay attention though. Makes me wonder about you.

For a chance to win the West for the very first time. Wow,what a weak fanbase. Do you think they are hating themselves for building that outdoor stadium when they could have saved the money and played in the new Viking home?
They wanted to be on campus instead of playing downtown, so that wouldn't solve their problems. And we would shit all over them if they played in a purple-ed out, empty stadium more than we do for just playing in an empty stadium.

Plus as others have stated, the cities are much more of a professional sports town. It takes a special season like 2019 to notice people in the community actually paying close attention to the gophers.

Might not be more than 30,000 at the game. Still easily over 10,000 unsold Tickets on their website. Nobody is paying $200 face value for this game lol. Whoever is in charge of setting ticket prices needs to be fired. Congrats on pricing your own fans out of the game.

StubHub is down to $25. And you know with the weather, plenty of season ticket holders won't even show up.

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT