ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs Iowa as an Elite 8 matchup is an epic embarrassment for the NCAA selection committee.

Always grievance and victimhood from Northern. Iowa made the Elite 8. What bum team was he expecting to meet up with in the game you need to win in order to make the Final 4? There actually are formulas for how and why teams get seeded where they are, and we are down to the best teams. You have to play an elite team to advance once you make it this far.

This was so avoidable.

A game involving a 31-5 team vs a 32-4 team, having played in last year's title game, with this much backstory and worldwide interest, should not happen in the Elite 8.

What were they thinking?
They were hoping to get this rematch, have LSU win and then shift the focus to JuJu Watkins, Booker at Texas, obviously Reese and South Carolina, and all the other top black players that will be in the Final Four, but Watkins will be the focus in particular.

"CONSPIRACY THEORY!!! CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!"

Mmm, yeah well, it would be, except that's what actually happened, so it doesn't really matter if you want to take my word for it or not. :D :D:D:D:D

Always grievance and victimhood from Northern. Iowa made the Elite 8. What bum team was he expecting to meet up with in the game you need to win in order to make the Final 4? There actually are formulas for how and why teams get seeded where they are, and we are down to the best teams. You have to play an elite team to advance once you make it this far.

Northern isn't wrong. The whole thing makes little sense.

It was a 1 in 4 chance that LSU would be in Iowa's bracket, doesn't seem like that much of a conspiracy to me

Now factor in that they played each other in the most recent title game and the controversy that ensued which was unparalleled in women's basketball.

It's difficult to see this as being a random thing.

Last edited:
It was a 1 in 4 chance that LSU would be in Iowa's bracket, doesn't seem like that much of a conspiracy to me

Yep. I'm sure they liked the idea of a rematch...

The elite-8 was going to be tough no matter who we played.

The other option was NC State or the winner of Duke/UConn. As we weren't getting the SCarolina draw.

I'm guessing people would be b*tchin if we had to face UConn too. Although that'd be a fun matchup

Last edited:
Now factor in that they played each other in the most recent title game and the controversy that ensued which was unparalleled in women's basketball.

It's difficult to see this as being a random thing.

San Diego State and UConn played each other last year in the men's title game and played each other in the Sweet 16. It happens

its gonna take a helluva effort on Monday night to overcome:

* LSU's size & athleticism
* Mulkey's antics
* shitty officiating

Just my opinion..Mulkey IS a wildcard. You can’t say she doesn’t impact a game….

But….they aren’t quicker. Now an ugly, physical, foul filled game will be a challenge for sure. But LSU gets called for lots of fouls.

If we are both fouling, LSU has just as many issues and we do.

If it’s completely unfair…🤷‍♂️ it is what it is. But LSU can’t afford foul trouble…

Here is the back room story on LSU. They don’t shoot great. They are ok, and I mean overall. Not at 3. But not great. Their claim to fame is big strong bodies hitting offensive glass & they are relentless.

They aren’t necessarily a better rebounding team, but as you know, we do give up 2nd/3rd chances at times.

I like our chances.

op isn't bitching that we play lsu, he's bitching we play them in the elite 8, should have been in the final 4. the problem is, they couldn't take the chance of one of iowa or lsu not making it that far, so they hedged their bets and put them in the same region. this way both of them only needed to win 2 home games before the money game.
The clowns made the tournament? Jk!

Bullshit. Iowa should be playing anyone BUT LSU, and you know it. Duke has 6 points through the first Q and 3+ minutes of the 2nd Q. You think NCST is the equal of LSU? Oregon St the equal of LSU? Look at the 2's. This whole tourney other than the 1's has been horribly mis-seeded.

This is ginned up bullshit, but hey, bring em on.

Iowa loses Monday and their final four viewership is done
It will take a hit, and they will double down on trying to salvage it by talking up Reese/LSU vs either Watkins or Beuckers with South Carolina looming.

The emphasis will be on hyping up Watkins as the next big star, and they'll be free of the Caitlin Clark frenzy, even if their ratings take a hit.

The committee set up Iowa to lose at every round other than the first round. The teams we have had to play so far are the exact teams that can give Iowa trouble. KState having beat us also factored in and would have been the 3rd time wr played them this year. Colorado gave us fits last year. This was all done for Iowa and Caitlin to lose early if possible and to tite then out along the way. They didn't want Iowa in the final 4 and it shows. Remember the way swoops talks about CC? The way Staley talked about Bluder and Iowa last year? The people in that room think like them and do not want a CC having the accolades she gets. They do not want Iowa. It is racism in plain sight

Today ESPN stated in our post game that Caitlin exists because of Angel Reese. Think that through. This has been deliberately done with Malice.

The committee set up Iowa to lose at every round other than the first round. The teams we have had to play so far are the exact teams that can give Iowa trouble. KState having beat us also factored in and would have been the 3rd time wr played them this year. Colorado gave us fits last year. This was all done for Iowa and Caitlin to lose early if possible and to tite then out along the way. They didn't want Iowa in the final 4 and it shows. Remember the way swoops talks about CC? The way Staley talked about Bluder and Iowa last year? The people in that room think like them and do not want a CC having the accolades she gets. They do not want Iowa. It is racism in plain sight

Today ESPN stated in our post game that Caitlin exists because of Angel Reese. Think that through. This has been deliberately done with Malice.
Duke has 13 points at half or 20 minutes of basketball. Who did 7 seed Duke beat to show up today so gloriously? fOSU. What did the other 2 seeds do? Lost. In reality, LSU should have been the 2 seed in Texas region, NCST the 3 seed in ours.

The NCAA ****ed up, but hey, bring on all comers.

Yeah the formula was $$$$

You’re out of your depth talking about sports ball.

Reactions: laker3588
as the #1 overall seed, South Carolina was supposed to get the easiest regional and they did.

as the #2 overall seed, Iowa was supposed to get the 2nd easiest regional. instead, we got the hardest of the 4.
if i were running the show i would be sorely tempted to arrange it the same way. the possibility of 3 straight crazy interesting matchups (of a caliber that pits cc against legit teams) is insanely rare. if these 3 games happen ratings will almost certainly eclipse mens bb relegating it to an afterthought.

Yeah the formula was $$$$

You’re out of your depth talking about sports ball.
Sure. Which patsy do you think the selection committee purposefully held back in order to set up this Iowa / LSU rematch?
IF the selection committee really wanted to get an Iowa / LSU rematch they'd have set it up for the title game. It's just unreal how some people throw all logic out the window and go with conspiracies. Every team left is elite. Every team left is going to produce good ratings.

Bullshit. Iowa should be playing anyone BUT LSU, and you know it. Duke has 6 points through the first Q and 3+ minutes of the 2nd Q. You think NCST is the equal of LSU? Oregon St the equal of LSU? Look at the 2's. This whole tourney other than the 1's has been horribly mis-seeded.

I’m not quite as upset as you 😛 but exhibit 1, 2, & 3 was West Va. they were 5th in a good league, lost 7 games to the likes of Baylor, K-&st, ISU & had a 21 NET. They were NOT a 8th seed, Nor was Princeton a 9….

That’s where it started for us. And I said as much last round.

L
O
L

You want to win a title you got to beat the best in the order they come.

Yep. We're locking horns with the best of best at this point. We're just going to have to beat them.

Reactions: cmhawks99
L
O
L

You want to win a title you got to beat the best in the order they come.
L
O
L

We aren't talking about order, we are talking about how teams were seeded, and how poorly a job the committee did.

Yes, to be the best and whatever. Now tell me about that brutal bracket that allowed Duke to advance and to have scored 17 points in 23 minutes of action.

Order. JFC. You're worse than @BelemNole in your trolling.

L
O
L

We aren't talking about order, we are talking about how teams were seeded, and how poorly a job the committee did.

Yes, to be the best and whatever. Now tell me about that brutal bracket that allowed Duke to advance and to have scored 17 points in 23 minutes of action.

Order. JFC. You're worse than @BelemNole in your trolling.
Well, I'd say Duke is playing UCONN, and they are good, so, there's that.
Can you, or anyone, explain why the selection committee set up the Hawks to struggle and almost lose to West Virginia? They are so devious at that selection committee...

Well, I'd say Duke is playing UCONN, and they are good, so, there's that.
Can you, or anyone, explain why the selection committee set up the Hawks to struggle and almost lose to West Virginia? They are so devious at that selection committee...
Now I know you are trolling, or universally uninformed. Why was 25-7 WVU an 8 seed while 22-11 Kansas from the same conference an 8 seed? Hmmm....EDIT to add Duke is now up to 19 points 27 minutes into the game.

Reactions: hawkedoff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT