ADVERTISEMENT

Lugo is a Hawkeye!

BTW...talked to a few of the guys and by their reactions, they have come to like and respect Pat. He sounds like one of those "he is quiet but when he says something, you listen" types.

LOL What does that even mean? Please elaborate. (Can we keep him in a cage?)

WITMFH am I doing in this alternate neti-verse?

That's why there are contact rules that prevent these types of interactions. For example, PDiddy the 3rd, could not be contacted by any coaches until he was released from his scholarship.
Which is very hard to enforce and would be even harder if open transfers were allowed.

Reactions: andegre
Let me try this another way. Out of this list will you give a number of how many you believe will be a Hawk?
Sasso
Hidlay
Teske
Shapiro
Cassioppi
Parris
Sasso, hidlay, and Shapiro. Hopefully getting lugo doesn't ruin the chances to get sasso but if that makes him go elsewhere than he probably doesn't belong in the room but the kid is going to be a stud.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Is it more typical for a wrestler not to get a release when transferrimg? I really dont know outside of Iowa. Did Stroker get a release? The little Tshirt? Jered Cortez? McKenna? It seems like they never do if coming to Iowa. Is that a false assumption?

Dub...step away from the bong slowly ;) Means exactly what I said it means. He's a cool dude but on the quiet side. Also, they were pretty vested in his matches at Jr Trials.

Umm, I think there's been some confusion in tonight's comments, regarding "Pat." Chief, seems clear to me you're talking about Pat Lugo, but apparently some thought you were referring to Pat Downey. o_O

The same can be said about transferring form Iowa. Iowa will not let you transfer in conference or in state to another D 1 program. Logan Ryan heading to UNI next year and will be sitting next year. See if he's got anything left for senior year. I do feel kids should get one transfer do to coaching changes growing out of weight or just getting past up by younger talent. All these kids put tons of hours wanting to be the guy

Umm, I think there's been some confusion in tonight's comments, regarding "Pat." Chief, seems clear to me you're talking about Pat Lugo, but apparently some thought you were referring to Pat Downey. o_O

Thanks for explaining the mystery Mendoza...figured I was safe considering it was a Lugo thread Haha.

The same can be said about transferring form Iowa. Iowa will not let you transfer in conference or in state to another D 1 program. Logan Ryan heading to UNI next year and will be sitting next year. See if he's got anything left for senior year. I do feel kids should get one transfer do to coaching changes growing out of weight or just getting past up by younger talent. All these kids put tons of hours wanting to be the guy

wrong.

Wagner and Yates wrestled at the 2016 Grand View Open where Yates come out on top by a 9-6 decision. Wagner was giving a full release by the University of Iowa and will have four years of eligibility left.

https://iawrestle.com/2017/08/15/jack-wagner-transferring-out-of-iowa/

TnT owe Ryan nada after they allowed him back on the team.

So here is a question. Say Zain Retheford hypothetically was injured or took a red shirt to wrestle for the national team and Suriano infacts does leave Penn State....Would it be OK with Spencer Lee and Sorenson transferring to PSU to win a National Championship. What would people say?

So here is a question. Say Zain Retheford hypothetically was injured or took a red shirt to wrestle for the national team and Suriano infacts does leave Penn State....Would it be OK with Spencer Lee and Sorenson transferring to PSU to win a National Championship. What would people say?

In your strange hypothetical, I would say let them go.

Are we not doing phrasing anymore?

Is it more typical for a wrestler not to get a release when transferrimg? I really dont know outside of Iowa. Did Stroker get a release? The little Tshirt? Jered Cortez? McKenna? It seems like they never do if coming to Iowa. Is that a false assumption?
It is uncommon not to get release unless going to a rival/in conference. If Suriano was going to Pitt instead, he probably would get his release. Just stay out of the Big 10.

Reactions: PinsNpints
Funny how Penn State makes remarks about Hawks getting Transfer.
They have 2 one for 133 and one for 141 is also so funny how they are so
worried about NS not coming because they want to shut us out and set the
all time scoring record at nationals. Wish my life had only that stuff to be concerned about.

As promised, I will pay $100 to HWC by the end of the year. Welcome Pat! Glad to have another Florida guy around! GREAT NEWS!

JUST UNDER THE WIRE!

Dear Michael,

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Amount: $100
Donation interval: One time
Receipt #: 568661
Donated at: 12/31/17 15:52:49
Payment method: Bank ACH

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT