ADVERTISEMENT

Luke Getsy

The funny thing about this take is that you do nothing on here but complain about complainers and give snarky sarcastic responses to ANYONE that sees it any other way than 100% the way you see it. You provide little to no substance here and a simple search of your history proves it. Yet you're supposed to be the voice of reason and the positive one? All you do is sit around and fret about what everyone thinks of poor 'ol Kirk. Also, it's a goddamn message board. What the hell do you want people to talk about, if not speculating...hell dreaming, of who the coordinator will be?
You just described yourself.

Funny people complained for friggin weeks we ain’t got no OC. Then Beth talks yesterday and says happy with the process and everyone like oh okay!

You just described yourself.

Funny people complained for friggin weeks we ain’t got no OC. Then Beth talks yesterday and says happy with the process and everyone like oh okay!
I don’t complain about complainers. I also like BG and think she’s going to do a phenomenal job. Furthermore, I like the direction of the program as long as KF doesn’t hold it back but being bitter or petty.

When was the last time the Bears, as a franchise, developed a QB?

If Fields can’t process and see what’s going on, I don’t know how much of the blame should go to Getsy. I don’t know if Getsy was telling Fields to hold onto the ball for too long. I highly doubt he was.

To get TWO top 2 rushing attacks in two years out of that OL is a miracle. Who was the last Bear OL to make it to the Pro Bowl? The guy clearly knows how to scheme up a running game.
Sounds like he is a one-dimensional coach if he can do that with the running game.

Maybe have him as the Run game coordinator and hire a "co-oc" to be the passing game coordinator\qb coach.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
You're blaming Getsy for the lack of development in Fields? Probably should have spent a little more time watching Bears games the last couple of years. There is a reason why they will be moving on from him. Great runner - horrible passing QB. He doesn't have the time to wait for his OSU athletes to get open anymore before he decides to let it go.
WHy in the hell would I want to watch the Bears?

So you don't blame Getsy for the lack of development of fields, do you also not blame BF for the lack of development with our QB?

• Haha
Reactions: IAHUNTER
Because Bears fans over rate the talent on their team and want to have the QB run all the time. You'd think they would learn that usually does not end well as Fields has been hurt for a number of games every year he has been a regular. He did well with the Packers as their QB coach and passing game coordinator.
Who did he have as QB's at GB? Rodgers, who was already a stud NFL QB?

About 20 minutes ago his Wikipedia page was showing Iowa OC/QB but has since been removed. That you, swihawk?
I’m disappointed I don’t see a Kenin Johns thread yet. I mean what the hell, just create a new thread for every possible name and then eventually (maybe) someone can say they were right. And that’s all that really matters.

Reactions: GeorgePeeples
His strength was his scripted plays. After that, he had trouble adjusting during the game. I don’t think he made anyone significantly better on the offense. He struggled in red zone play calling. He also liked to throw Fields subtly under the bus.

That said, I could see Kirk loving Getsy. I wouldn’t hire him.

If Kirk is truly considering Getsy, he is really scraping the bottom of the barrel and had to have been turned down multiple times.
Yup, basically another BF…hard pass. It was a tough season watching BF on Saturday and then watching more of the same on Sunday with Getsy. Getsy even had a dynamic, mobile QB to work with obviously not the case for BF. And yes I agree that they both had crappy OLs, but good OCs find a way to adapt!😎

I don't know if the position hasn't been filled because a lot of people have turned it down or just Chryst and Ferentz went back to the drawing board.
I guess we'll know if Chryst doesn't end up getting the job. I haven't heard Chryst being mentioned since the first week, so I'd be surprised if he was announced.

I’m disappointed I don’t see a Kenin Johns thread yet. I mean what the hell, just create a new thread for every possible name and then eventually (maybe) someone can say they were right. And that’s all that really matters.
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Legs94
Makes sense. I mean I don’t like throwing players under the bus, but maybe he wouldn’t keep trotting a guy out there after fumbling twice and throwing a pick every game… although, fields did plenty of that for him…
Iowa is already used to great scripted plays and then not knowing what to do after that, so no different than this year lol
My choice is still Johns. But Getsy is an upgrade from Brian in my eyes.
My black lab is an upgrade from Brian....

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
WHy in the hell would I want to watch the Bears?

So you don't blame Getsy for the lack of development of fields, do you also not blame BF for the lack of development with our QB?
Actually Fields has developed. But not nearly enough. He is a PHENOMENAL athlete, probably the best at his position. He had a cannon for an arm. He has not typically had a very good O line, or receivers. This year the line was below average but slightly improved and did have DJ Moore and KMet. I don’t think he was ever going to be a pocket passer, just does not see the progressions and let er rip. Getsy did not do enough but Fields needs someone like Greg Roman.

Yup, basically another BF…hard pass. It was a tough season watching BF on Saturday and then watching more of the same on Sunday with Getsy. Getsy even had a dynamic, mobile QB to work with obviously not the case for BF. And yes I agree that they both had crappy OLs, but good OCs find a way to adapt!😎

Well, he did. They just chose to leave him on the bench and not develop him. Instead they favored the o lineman playing QB.

I'm confused. Went to the Duke coach's listing and didn't see Kevin Johns name listed as OC. Was he let go when the new guy came in?

I'm confused. Went to the Duke coach's listing and didn't see Kevin Johns name listed as OC. Was he let go when the new guy came in?
Yes, Diaz hired a new OC. I think Johns was one of the candidates for the head coaches job. Generally the new guy hires his guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: IXHawkeye86
Interesting. I think Johns is probably one of the 2 final candidates. Guessing we will know by Monday.
Duke is 110th in passing and 56th in rushing (94th total offense).

Is there a reason why we can't get someone in the top 50 for total offensive production?

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
Because nobody wants to run an offense under KF? Look at what a train wreck it's been.
A bit more info and they did really well vs FSU last year before the injuries decimated them. They scored 20 more TD's in the season and 100+ more yds per game. That would have put Iowa in contention to beat PSU and UM.

Johns set records at Indiana as well. He "may" be an okay OC\QB coach, that would help get rid of JB and up the money for WR coach.

A bit more info and they did really well vs FSU last year before the injuries decimated them. They scored 20 more TD's in the season and 100+ more yds per game. That would have put Iowa in contention to beat PSU and UM.

Johns set records at Indiana as well. He "may" be an okay OC\QB coach, that would help get rid of JB and up the money for WR coach.
I know a lot of people seem to like him, so hopefully it works out. Anything has to be better than Brian right?

Luke effing Getsy? Yeah, clearly time is a flat circle and as a Bears and Hawk fan I'm doomed for this the rest of my life. He's Greg Davis repackaged.
Need 2 feet on 3rd down? Get ready for a wr reverse to the short side of the field with a 3rd string wr.
A team is blitz heavy? Here come non-stop wr screens.
It's really a shame Kirk couldn't sell Chryst on the job, he at least knew how to run an offense that could work with Iowa type personnel and win in the BIG.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Looks like KJ likes to have a mobile QB too... Lainez would fit.

Johns, who has over 10 years of experience as an offensive coordinator, mentored quarterback Riley Leonard to All-ACC honors during his first season in Durham. Leonard completed 250-of-392 (.638) passes for 2,967 yards with 20 touchdowns, while leading the team in rushing with 699 yards on 124 carries (5.64) and 13 touchdowns during his first season as Duke’s starter. In the ACC, Leonard ranked third in total offensive yards per game (282.00), third in pass attempts, third in pass completions, third in total points responsible for, tied for third in scoring, fourth in pass completion percentage, fourth in passing yards per game (228.23), fifth in touchdowns passes, and fifth in passing efficiency. In addition, he set school single-season records for touchdowns responsible for (33), most games with one-plus touchdown pass (12), touchdown-to-interception ratio (3.33-1), and pass completion-to-interception ratio (41.67-1).

In just one season under Johns, the Blue Devils went from last in the ACC in 2021 to fifth, fifth, and seventh in scoring offense, total touchdowns and passing touchdowns, respectively. In addition, Duke improved in pass efficiency (11th in 2021 to fifth in 2022) and total offense (seventh in 2021 to fourth in 2022).

Luke effing Getsy? Yeah, clearly time is a flat circle and as a Bears and Hawk fan I'm doomed for this the rest of my life. He's Greg Davis repackaged.
Need 2 feet on 3rd down? Get ready for a wr reverse to the short side of the field with a 3rd string wr.
It's really a shame Kirk couldn't sell Chryst on the job, he at least knew how to run an offense that could work with Iowa type personnel and win in the BIG.
Getsy has not been hired as Iowa’s OC. Let’s wait to see who it is before we’re angry about it.

IF it is Luke Getsy I’m right there with you. I will be fully onboard the new football coach bus at that point.

As a Bears fan, I’m just assuming this is some sick rumor started by a Pack fan.

Duke is 110th in passing and 56th in rushing (94th total offense).

Is there a reason why we can't get someone in the top 50 for total offensive production?
I knew you would find fault, you always do. He coached at Duke. With their academics and lack of football tradition, he wasn't exactly coaching a lot of elite players. He should be able to adapt his offense a bit to the hand he's dealt at Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT