ADVERTISEMENT

Lying Lawyer Avenatti and his skank client will be investigated

...and it took you this long to admit it.
That is probably the single most ridiculous statement you have ever posted, and that's saying something. I don't know of anyone who said the FBI had investigated her claims, and I pay attention to a lot of Kavanaugh supporters.

Yeah Harry Reid should have never gotten rid of the 60 vote rule on judge I agree

Neither one of them should have done it. It's a very dangerous precedent. Now that both sides have done it, someone is going to have to be the big boy or girl and get us back on a real track.

That is probably the single most ridiculous statement you have ever posted, and that's saying something. I don't know of anyone who said the FBI had investigated her claims, and I pay attention to a lot of Kavanaugh supporters.

Look in a mirror. You equated a political "investigation" with an FBI investigation.

Neither one of them should have done it. It's a very dangerous precedent. Now that both sides have done it, someone is going to have to be the big boy or girl and get us back on a real track.
I disagree. I think requiring a super majority for presidential appointments is not only improper, but quite possibly unconstitutional. I said it when Reid pulled the trigger, and I say it now that McConnell has taken the obvious next step.

Reactions: Gimmered
I disagree. I think requiring a super majority for presidential appointments is not only improper, but quite possibly unconstitutional. I said it when Reid pulled the trigger, and I say it now that McConnell has taken the obvious next step.

These are lifetime appointments and should not be able to secure appointment simply by fluke of timing and the current flavor of the minute politically. I could not disagree more with your position.

Reactions: Joes Place
These are lifetime appointments and should not be able to secure appointment simply by fluke of timing and the current flavor of the minute politically. I could not disagree more with your position.
Well, talk to the founding fathers, then. If they'd wanted it to require more than a simple majority, they'd have said so.....as they did with other provisions in the same article.

What they did NOT foresee was the SCOTUS becoming a political entity with essentially absolute power over the other two branches of government.

Reactions: Gimmered
Well, talk to the founding fathers, then. If they'd wanted it to require more than a simple majority, they'd have said so.....as they did with other provisions in the same article.

What they did NOT foresee was the SCOTUS becoming a political entity with essentially absolute power over the other two branches of government.

As you indicate, the power base of SCOTUS isn't what the founders knew at the time, so I think it's fair to adjust the vote requirements.

It's just a guess, but I think Kavanaugh is going to get raked over the coals for his oddly partisan screed during his hearing and the dubious definitions he gave for pretty well known slang.

I'm inclined to agree with President Carter in that the circumstances around the allegations were an ugly business, but he ultimately failed the stress test with his demeanor. It's in the books now, but it would be nice if in the future the goal returned to trying to achieve near unanimous approval. Unfortunately, I think that horse is out of the barn.

Agree's with Jimmy Carter - lmao - you're a bigger moron than . . .

stormy-daniels-polygraph.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT