ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

Dems won't break on this. They have held 212 for Jeffries each vote. They'll force the Rs to keep voting or call it a night.
Why would they? The audacity for Republicans to even ask them for a favor after the way they have acted for the last 15 years is outrageous. They literally tried to stage a coup, many of whom were just sworn into this Congress, and they want favors from Democrats? Yeah, good luck.

Democrats are just going to sit back and let the 2024 campaign commercials write themselves. Not that it will matter in the districts these idiots come from.

Just going to throw this out there. It might be worth it for a few Democrats to vote for McCarthy. Hear me out. Number 1, they could say that the country needs to move past this and get to governing. Number 2. It pisses off the MAGA caucus in a huge way. They wouldn’t cooperate with the Speaker on anything.
The Speaker has too much power and there's ZERO CHANCE McCarthy would honor any agreement with the Dems. Kev doesn't deserve the job after kneeling and kissing Trump's ring after 1/6. Fvck him.

I bet you do.
I want to clarify my comment. I really wish that he was nominated the first round. After the 20
idiots are voting on a guy who openly
Says he doesn’t want the position in Jim Jordan (who has voted for McCarthy), I want these idiots to keep showing how epically dumb they are by continuing to vote against him.

God I hate Geatz and that crazy lady from Georgia

Last edited:
Reactions: runkpanole
Well if the war is over, why isn’t Trump’s pick for Speaker being installed?
There's no coalescing ideology. They stand for nothing. They're all out for themselves. Trump set the standard for selfish, unprincipled, political motivation. It's a disease on the Republican party.

It's surprising to me McCarthy got as many votes as he did.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
There's no coalescing ideology. They stand for nothing. They're all out for themselves. Trump set the standard for selfish, unprincipled, political motivation. It's a disease on the Republican party.

It's surprising to me McCarthy got as many votes as he did.
That’s why I don’t think the civil war is over. Rather, it’s just getting started.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
I think the ideology is still there, still pretty much the same for the GOP. This is not an ideological debate they're having. There's no coalescing spectacle.

Reactions: torbee
I think the ideology is still there, still pretty much the same for the GOP. This is not an ideological debate they're having. There's no coalescing spectacle.
Ideology crawled away and died when they railroaded Liz Cheney - the last of the principled conservatives - out of the party.

It’s now a party of only petty grifters and reality show want-of-bees now.

That’s why I don’t think the civil war is over. Rather, it’s just getting started.

I guess I don't know exactly who the waring parties are in the Republican civil war. It seems to me that it's over and the republicans lost.

I don't think it's a matter of winning the war at this point; the infighting is largely over. I think it's a matter of seeing what arises from the ashes of the Republican party.

Edit to add: I'd be perfectly fine with being wrong on this.

What is McCarthy selling to tonight to salvage his Speakership? If I were a Republican...I would either have a hangman's noose ready or something more effective.

He will announce his withdrawal in the morning or call for another vote, which will be based on mountains of corruption.

McCarthy is probably done for. Rs don't like him. And the fact that he had two months to prep for this means he's probably a lousy leader.

Reactions: funksouljon
If only he cared this much about another guy who occupied the Speaker’s office:
210403-richard-barnett-pelosi-mb-2058.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT