ADVERTISEMENT

*****MAGA in disarray, who will be speaker of the House***** McCarthy REMOVED! Jim Jordan 0-3. Election denier Mike Johnson confirmed. Vote them out

Everyone remember when certain Republican posters, and a few of the "Libertarians" on the board all told us that Trump would be a nobody, the party was moving forward without him, and the only people talking about him are the idiot libs?

And now a House Speaker has been chosen SOLELY because he gets on his knees for Trump.

Looks like Republicans are going to stick together and vote him in. Lets see how he does with funding the government in 30 days.
That's not happening. They want to shut the govt down. I'm not sure how we get past that. It doesn't matter if there are Republicans who want to pass spending bills now - they'll never see the floor absent completely insane demands that don't have a prayer in the Senate. The House Goppies could pass a spending bill that reinstitutes slavery and when it gets no traction in the Senate, they'll go on Fox claiming they're passing perfectly acceptable legislation that's being blocked by the Dems. They're in Putin's pocket.

Everyone remember when certain Republican posters, and a few of the "Libertarians" on the board all told us that Trump would be a nobody, the party was moving forward without him, and the only people talking about him are the idiot libs?

And now a House Speaker has been chosen SOLELY because he gets on his knees for Trump.
oh-i-member-south-park.gif

And voters (independents, in particular) will not forget this on 2024 Election Day.

My BIL, a staunch conservative, has pretty much given up on the GOP. He is baffled by their continued allegiance to Trump and those trying to overturn the election. While I doubt he votes Dem in 2024, he'll likely just sit it out until the GOP fixes themselves.

So the die is now cast. The GOP in their diminishing wisdom thinks their collection of misfits and morons will carry the day next November.

I better start making the popcorn now, because it's going to be epic and I'll be laughing so damn hard.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Mike Johnson just quoted scripture again.

Will this become the new norm?

Behind closed doors id love to know how many of the moderates voted for the guy just because they were tired of being laughed.

I’ve never heard of this guy before this week - resume doesn’t inspire confidence and who the hell knows if he’s actually a politician or someone willing to watch the world burn.

MTG saying what was once kept quiet out loud in speaking about Emmer.

His voting record, he voted against President Trump's transgender ban in the military. He voted for the Democrats’ gay marriage bill that allows churches to be sued if they don't support gay marriages. He also, you know, once had supported the voting rights, the national voting movement that was completely against what we stand for [sic] so that we can't have that for a speaker of the House.

I haven't heard if the rule allowing a single member to bring a motion to vacate was removed or changed. Or is it still in place?

Mike Johnson just quoted scripture again.

Will this become the new norm?
Yes
So the die is now cast. The GOP in their diminishing wisdom thinks their collection of misfits and morons will carry the day next November.

I better start making the popcorn now, because it's going to be epic and I'll be laughing so damn hard.
depends on the economy

There will still be way too many people who will vote for them and their collection of misfits and morons because they have no choice

I can’t stop saying it…the Republican Party wants authoritarian leadership. They aren’t going to stop this shit until they get it. Trump is running things, and it seems like almost all Republicans in leadership are okay with it.

If people don’t understand how the Nazis came to power, at this point, I don’t know what to say.

Only a moron would vote for the GOP thinking they will somehow improve the overall economy. Why would any reasonable person believe this to be a possibility when that's never happened in our country's history?

MTG saying what was once kept quiet out loud in speaking about Emmer.

His voting record, he voted against President Trump's transgender ban in the military. He voted for the Democrats’ gay marriage bill that allows churches to be sued if they don't support gay marriages. He also, you know, once had supported the voting rights, the national voting movement that was completely against what we stand for [sic] so that we can't have that for a speaker of the House.

Figure. This. Crap. Out. Independent. Voters.

Reactions: HawkMD and DFSNOLE
Only a moron would vote for the GOP thinking they will somehow improve the overall economy. Why would any reasonable person believe this to be a possibility when that's never happened in our country's history?
It’s so freaking sad. Minds can’t be changed. They believe myths.

Reactions: HawkMD
Yeah…lots and lots of morons in America. It’s truly amazing how stupid our populace is.
The economy is alway a driver come election time. If the economy is good or holding steady…no big deal. Hits the crapper?

Administration made a political gamble by coining “Bidenomics”.

The economy is alway a driver come election time. If the economy is good or holding steady…no big deal. Hits the crapper?

Administration made a political gamble by coining “Bidenomics”.
It doesn't matter. The GOP are masters in marketing their points. The Democrats absolutely suck at the same thing. Biden could be handing out $1k bills to every American without creating any debt with full participation in the labor market and 2% inflation and the GOP would still be able to convince their voters that the economy is going to Hell.

It doesn't matter. The GOP are masters in marketing their points. The Democrats absolutely suck at the same thing. Biden could be handing out $1k bills to every American without creating any debt with full participation in the labor market and 2% inflation and the GOP would still be able to convince their voters that the economy is going to Hell.
By polling the majority of folks aren’t enamored with the economy…not just R’s

Are you talking about Mike Johnson? If so, he absolutely was an election denier and worked with an organization that supports criminalization of homosexuality.

Johnson introduced a federal “Don’t Say Gay” bill.

As a Louisiana state rep, in 2015 he introduced an ultimately failed bill that would have legalized anti-LGBTQ discrimination. In 2018, Johnson joined with anti-LGBTQ evangelical Kirk Cameron in an attempt to allow Christian prayer in Louisiana’s public schools.

In January 2023, Johnson and hate group leader Tony Perkins agreed that Jesus had made Kevin McCarthy speaker. In June 2023, Johnson posted a since-deleted tweet claiming that it was illegal to fly a rainbow flag at the White House.

Prior to running for public office, Johnson worked as senior counsel and national spokesperson for the viciously anti-LGBTQ hate group, the Alliance Defending Freedom, where he filed multiple lawsuits against same-sex marriage, same-sex adoption, and same-sex marital benefits.

For the ADF, Johnson also led their campaign against GLSEN’s anti-bullying Day Of Silence. The ADF, you will recall, issued a 2003 Supreme Court brief arguing for the criminalization of homosexuality.
I was talking about Emmer. Certainly not this douche.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT