ADVERTISEMENT

Maishe Dailey Transferring

So many stupid (and racist) people among us. There is no such things as reverse racism. That is the same as if you called a nazi a Jew who hated Germans because they killed his grandpa. I am often so embarassed to read comments here.
giphy.gif

If you all don't think having the whitest team in the Big 10 is not gonna hurt recruiting...hahaha. Let's say all things equal for two places. That's like a person of color going into job A and seeing a diverse work environment and then going into Job B and seeing now one that looks like them. Which one do you think they are gonna pick?

Last edited:
Very true. Power 5 schools average about 60% African-Americans. Iowa has less than 30% on the roster.

That is not a concern to me as far as how good team will be, as we will be good. However, what if we have a big talent that has interest, but questions the lack African-Americans on the team. There is no doubt that is a concern to some recruits. But the question is how many? And has this hurt us in the past? I am guessing we will never know the answer to that one. That noted, I would prefer that the Iowa coaches balance it out some.
Being we actually recruit in state guys- that % makes sense being Iowa is pretty much white compared to other states. Cook, Moss, Joe T and Pemsl. Nunge, Joe W, Connor, jbo, pat, Garza, CJ

If you all don't think having the whitest team in the Big 10 is not gonna hurt recruiting...hahaha. Let's say all things equal for two places. That's like a person of color going into job A and seeing a diverse work environment and then going into Job B and seeing now one that looks like them. Which one do you think they are gonna pick?

Or they might think “These cracka ass crackas suck and I’m gonna get a chance to play right away”

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
So many stupid (and racist) people among us. There is no such things as reverse racism. That is the same as if you called a nazi a Jew who hated Germans because they killed his grandpa. I am often so embarassed to read comments here.

Absolutely right in part but the conclusion is appallingly ignorant in its implications.

There is indeed no such thing as reverse racism. There is only racism. Racism is simple, judging a person, any person, to be inferior to others of a different race merely because of their race. Its usually accompanied by animosity or antipathy to the presumed inferior race.

Racism appears in all races/ethnicities (perhaps a more accurate term for the differences than a more archaic term like race) and through all of time. You want to see real racism in action...go to Rwanda or Somalia. Guess what happens when a Hutu wanders into a Tutsi area? Or a Jew in Central Europe in lets say 1943? What happened to the Clovis people? Do you buy the Ancient Aliens theory-aliens picked up the whole culture? Or do you think another tribe simply exterminated them-which is the normal historical result of cultural racism.

Black people who do not want to play/work/recreate/exist in an environment with white people are no less racist than the other way around-self imposed segregation. Implying or concluding otherwise is yet another logically unsupportable and factually unsound religious tenant of the post modern left. Its horrifically destructive of our national spirit, institutions and comity; designed only to stoke anger, hatred and endless cycles of grievance. Agitprop of the very worst kind.

I’d pick the one that swept IU...... you?

As a Drake grad, I would love to see Maishe go to Drake! He would have to sit out a year, but then he would be eligible right after the Murphy twins graduate.

It could be a good situation for him. At 6’7” he could play the 2,3 or even the 4 and be effective in the Valley. He may want to go play closer to home, though.

Reactions: skydog0784
Good luck to Maishe. He has always been a good teammate, and gave us some decent spot minutes this year. This would help explain why Fran is considering a grad transfer. Given the large number of guys graduating next year, a regular transfer might be an even a better idea, if the right guy is looking for a new team, especially a tough, defensive-minded perimeter player.

pretty sure we have some black guys on the team......

Funny this comes from a guy who team hasn't been passed the 2nd round since before Y2K
enjoy your nit games

oh wait, you couldn't even beat the 6 seed in that ;)

Reactions: iahawks10

“Person of color”. <vomitemoji.gif>

Does it matter if you have highly rated recruits if Archie Miller doesn’t know how to win with them?

I was encouraged by Maishe seeing his summer workout videos. I was disappointed that didn’t materialize into more production. He seemed to work incredibly hard to maximize his talent so I can’t help but wish him well and hope for his success.

I certainly wish MD the best and hope he has a great red shirt senior year (if D1 and sits a year) on another team. But, what I am hoping is that CJF has been playing so well in practice he read the writing on the wall. Time will tell.
The Dolph comments probably didn’t help, but seeing CJ shine in practice at his position has to be the main factor in Dailey leaving. JoeT coming in and pushing a few more JB minutes to SG could have helped the decision too. Maishe was ninth in the rotation. But was getting consistent minutes as a defender who could hit an occasional 3. He had a small but consistent role. Only incoming players were going to push him out of it. Sorry to see him go but this could be a good sign of the progression of the team going forward.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Maishe Dailey did his best at Iowa, represented the University without getting into any trouble. Just did not improve enough to make Iowa a better team. Wish him well wherever he ends up at.

I totally understand Maishe leaving. I thought he had improved every year and actually had some positive minutes this year. His defense was much improved and his length gave teams trouble on the perimeter. I actually was looking for bigger things next year.

Don't blame him for leaving. Gary Dolphin should have been the person leaving after his derogatory comments about the young man. A university's play-by-play announcer should support the young men representing that university, not tear them down when they think the mike is off. Said it when it happened and I'll say it again now, Iowa can do better than Gary Dolphin.

Maishe, thank you for representing the Hawkeyes and all the best young man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT