ADVERTISEMENT

Maishe Dailey Transferring

I totally understand Maishe leaving. I thought he had improved every year and actually had some positive minutes this year. His defense was much improved and his length gave teams trouble on the perimeter. I actually was looking for bigger things next year.

Don't blame him for leaving. Gary Dolphin should have been the person leaving after his derogatory comments about the young man. A university's play-by-play announcer should support the young men representing that university, not tear them down when they think the mike is off. Said it when it happened and I'll say it again now, Iowa can do better than Gary Dolphin.

Maishe, thank you for representing the Hawkeyes and all the best young man.
Dolph was not wrong.

So many stupid (and racist) people among us. There is no such things as reverse racism. That is the same as if you called a nazi a Jew who hated Germans because they killed his grandpa. I am often so embarassed to read comments here.
Sorry, but that seems like an serious generalization. Racism is color blind, and if you think people of pale pigment are the only ones who espouse racist views, well I'm not even sure where to begin.......:confused:

I feel bad for Mashie he was really good kid that should not have been singled out by Dolphs stupid blunder. (Hes the definition of a blundering idiot) Dolph was correct in the assessment of Frans lack of recruiting but its team wide, not just the one guy who happened to make a mistake at that time.

MD had some skills and athleticism just never had the confidence to play loose without thinking.

Last edited:
I feel bad for Mashie he was really good kid that should not have been singled out by Dolphs stupid blunder. (Hes the definition of a blundering idiot) Dolph was correct in the assessment of Frans lack of recruiting but its team wide, not just the one guy who happened to make a mistake at that time.

MD had some skills and athleticism just never had the confidence to play loose without thinking.
No Dolph was wrong. We beat the team with the guards Dolphin coveted. And we beat them with our “crappy” players like Maishe.

Gary Dolphin should have been the person leaving

Completely agree.

after his derogatory comments about the young man.

Absolutely disagree. He should be gone because he is not very good at his job, not because of the comments. He has the right to an opinion, and is allowed to express that opinion in a personal conversation. From my understanding, it was a mistake by somebody else that his personal opinion was aired.

Iowa can do better than Gary Dolphin.

Completely Agree.

No Dolph was wrong. We beat the team with the guards Dolphin coveted. And we beat them with our “crappy” players like Maishe.
Dailey played almost half the game and went 1-5 from the field and had one rebound and a turnover. We obviously need more of that.

Dailey played almost half the game and went 1-5 from the field and had one rebound and a turnover. We obviously need more of that.

Wasn’t the comment Dolph made something like IOWA needing more players like the Pitt freshmen? Then he said, “we” have Dailey dribbling into a double team with his head down. I guess Iowa was lucky to beat several teams this season who had better talent.

Reactions: amahawk
Dailey to...Ricks College

film-napoleon_dynamite-2004-napoleon_dynamite-jonheder-tshirts-ricks_college_tshirt-595x335.jpg

Maishe Dailey was 1-5 with 4 points.

Xavier Johnson had 18 with 6 assists.

Stop being obtuse. Anyone with a brain would take Johnson over Maishe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ihawkhoops

What a moron. You're pretending like this wasn't a hot mic issue. Dolph thought he was just talking to Bobby when he singled Dailey out.

Dailey was not skilled. He's a fringe mid major player. He'd be a role player at Drake or UNI.

Last edited:
Maishe Dailey was 1-5 with 4 points.

Xavier Johnson had 18 with 6 assists.

Stop being obtuse. Anyone with a brain would take Johnson over Maishe.

Again, Dolph said Iowa needs more players like the Pitt freshmen. Then he referenced Dailey. Hooper is 100% correct in what he posted. Our “crappy” players beat their better players. You either didn’t hear Dolph’s comment or if you did, didn’t grasp it. It wasn’t directed solely at Dailey even though he was the only one Dolph called out by name. Dolph was acting like many of us in the game thread throwing a fit before the game was over. Not very professional whether there was a hot mic or not.

Reactions: BBHawk
Again, Dolph said Iowa needs more players like the Pitt freshmen. Then he referenced Dailey. Hooper is 100% correct in what he posted. Our “crappy” players beat their better players. You either didn’t hear Dolph’s comment or if you did, didn’t grasp it. It wasn’t directed solely at Dailey even though he was the only one Dolph called out by name. Dolph was acting like many of us in the game thread throwing a fit before the game was over. Not very professional whether there was a hot mic or not.

Are you pretending to be ignorant?

I heard what Dolph said. I'm also capable of comprehending that it was an accident and he didn't realize he was on air.

I also have no problem with him privately saying the truth about Dailey. If you listened, Bobby agreed with his rant.

We beat Pitt because we have substantially better post players and a deeper bench.

If you actually listened to Dolph, either you didn't or you're an idiot, what he was referring to was their coach's ability to bring in athletic guards like Johnson one year on staff while Fran constantly fails to land players like Johnson. Moss and Dailey each had 4 points while Johnson had 18. He dominated them.

There's no doubt that if Iowa had a guard like Johnson, we likely would have been a top 25 team all year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ihawkhoops

Listened for about the 10th time. I have yet to hear him say the word crappy, attributed to him by Hooper and you about Iowa's entire roster.

Again he praised their athletic freshman guards, McGowens and Johnson. Iowa meanwhile, a well established fact, does not have athletic guards that can break down a defense.

I took nothing from this conversation leading me to believe that he thought Garza, Cook, Wieskamp or Bohannon were crappy players. He effectively said what is a perpetual theme on this board. We need an athletic guard and Fran has historically failed to land one. Pitt got 3 in one class with a new coach.

This shouldn't be as difficult as you're making it on yourself.

Are you pretending to be ignorant?

I heard what Dolph said. I'm also capable of comprehending that it was an accident and he didn't realize he was on air.

I also have no problem with him privately saying the truth about Dailey. If you listened, Bobby agreed with his rant.

We beat Pitt because we have substantially better post players and a deeper bench.

If you actually listened to Dolph, either you didn't or you're an idiot, what he was referring to was their coaches ability to bring in athletic guards like Johnson one year on staff while Fran constantly fails to land players like Johnson. Moss and Dailey each had 4 points while Johnson had 18. He dominated them.

There's no doubt that if Iowa had a guard like Johnson, we likely would have been a top 25 team all year.

I stopped listening at “we beat Pitt” (with lesser players). Yet that is exactly what Hooper said, but when he said it, he was wrong and I’m the idiot. Weird.

Yeah there are a lot better players around the ACC and B1G than Maishe Dailey. Not one person is denying that. You’re comparing a guy who is 9th or 10th off the bench avg 12.5 mpg to a starting guard in the ACC avg 31.2 mpg. But again, the team with lesser players somehow won head to head. That team also won nine more games than Pitt did playing against a hell of a lot tougher schedule. This is a team sport, not based on individual talent.

If Iowa had Williamson and Barrett do you think they would have been a top 25 team too? We never seem to get guys like that either.

Last edited:
Listened for about the 10th time. I have yet to hear him say the word crappy, attributed to him by Hooper and you about Iowa's entire roster.

I took nothing from this conversation leading me to believe that he thought Garza, Cook, Wieskamp or Bohannon were crappy players.

Speaking of being obtuse.... he didn’t use the word crappy exactly, but it was very clearly portrayed in what (and how) he said.

Bohannon isn’t one of those guards you mentioned above?

Again he praised their athletic freshman guards, McGowens and Johnson. Iowa meanwhile, a well established fact, does not have athletic guards that can break down a defense.

I took nothing from this conversation leading me to believe that he thought Garza, Cook, Wieskamp or Bohannon were crappy players. He effectively said what is a perpetual theme on this board. We need an athletic guard and Fran has historically failed to land one. Pitt got 3 in one class with a new coach.

This shouldn't be as difficult as you're making it on yourself.

Speaking of Garza and Cook, what were their numbers in the Pitt game?

Garza 17 min and TWO rebounds with five points. As many TOs as Dailey.

Cook 1-5 fg and 7-12 FT. Not good. Cook did have eight boards (five off) and ZERO TOs to go along with nine points. Wieskamp and Baer were about the only two to play well that day. Bohannon played about his avg.

The point is Dolph threw an IAhawkeyeFBandBB type tantrum and it came back to bite him. One guy does on a message board and we call him out. Another guy does it on the air (unknowingly of course) and we’ve got his back.

Speaking of Garza and Cook, what were their numbers in the Pitt game?

Garza 17 min and TWO rebounds with five points. As many TOs as Dailey.

Cook 1-5 fg and 7-12 FT. Not good. Cook did have eight boards (five off) and ZERO TOs to go along with nine points. Wieskamp and Baer were about the only two to play well that day. Bohannon played about his avg.

The point is Dolph threw an IAhawkeyeFBandBB type tantrum and it came back to bite him. One guy does on a message board and we call him out. Another guy does it on the air (unknowingly of course) and we’ve got his back.

Cook going to the line for 12 FTs is not good?

He got several Pitt players in foul trouble and got Iowa into the double bonus almost single handedly. He also grabbed 8 boards. Not his best game but certainly not bad.

No matter how you try to spin it, Dolph's point is well established. Maishe isn't good and Iowa needs to recruit athletic guards.

Now Maishe transfers and Iowa is bringing in Toussaint. Good call Dolph, good call.

Cook going to the line for 12 FTs is not good?

He got several Pitt players in foul trouble and got Iowa into the double bonus almost single handedly. He also grabbed 8 boards. Not his best game but certainly not bad.

No matter how you try to spin it, Dolph's point is well established. Maishe isn't good and Iowa needs to recruit athletic guards.

Now Maishe transfers and Iowa is bringing in Toussaint. Good call Dolph, good call.

No, going to the line 12 times while making seven isn’t a good thing.

Good call Dolphin, or should I say good tantrum. Iowa beat a team with better talent. Must have been the coaching that was the difference.

No, going to the line 12 times while making seven isn’t a good thing.

Good call Dolphin, or should I say good tantrum. Iowa beat a team with better talent. Must have been the coaching that was the difference.

7/12 is approximately his season and career average.

Then you revert back to strawmen. Dolph praised their 3 freshmen guards. He never stated their top to bottom lineup was better.

What a moron. You're pretending like this wasn't a hot mic issue. Dolph thought he was just talking to Bobby when he singled Dailey out.

Dailey was not skilled. He's a fringe mid major player. He'd be a role player at Drake or UNI.

You're not real bright.

Of course it was an accident moron. How could you possibly think thats not obvious? Point is you don't say that shit when you're next to a mike that you're not in control of. Ask Marty Terrell.

I can feel bad for Daily for being accidentally singled out.

7/12 is approximately his season and career average.

Then you revert back to strawmen. Dolph praised their 3 freshmen guards. He never stated their top to bottom lineup was better.

Just because it’s approximately his avg (.644), that doesn’t mean it’s a good thing.

No Dolph was never quoted as saying Pitt’s lineup was better top to bottom. He just insinuated that they have three guys who are really good and year after year, Iowa has nobody that good. No ”key piece” which was actually quoted. Not one. You can spin it however you’d like too. We all know what Dolph meant.

Then you hear Dolph bumbling non coherently, “do they not want them, not know they’re out there?”

Last edited:
You're not real bright.

Of course it was an accident moron. How could you possibly think thats not obvious? Point is you don't say that shit when you're next to a mike that you're not in control of. Ask Marty Terrell.

I can feel bad for Daily for being accidentally singled out.

Lmfao. Nothing he said was inappropriate.

Watch any other recognizable color commentator and they've all criticized players. Bill Walton lit up his own kid when he was with Arizona.

Dolph was 100% right about Maishe and Bobby agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT