ADVERTISEMENT

Major visitors for Iowa's April 20th Spring game on Friday.

Would be really nice to lock up a commitment soon and keep the momentum going. I understand the staff recruits differently than the traditional powers but the "blue bloods" are already filling in the top prospects of the 2020 class.

Disagree. Usually kids go home after a weekend like this and give it a couple days to sink in. A couple commits by the end of next week would be great.

This, people shouldn't expect guys like Brock and Goodson to commit anytime soon. That doesn't mean we aren't in good shape there. having said that I think L Tracy will recommit in a day or two.

Disagree. Usually kids go home after a weekend like this and give it a couple days to sink in. A couple commits by the end of next week would be great.
This, people shouldn't expect guys like Brock and Goodson to commit anytime soon. That doesn't mean we aren't in good shape there. having said that I think L Tracy will recommit in a day or two.
I'll take your word on this. Thanks

One of the less publicized visits of the weekend here. Along with his solid throwing stats he ran for a little over 1100yds and 19tds according to his hudl highlight tape. Not sure what class they are playing in. Could develop into our qb for the 19 class. I have a sense we are not going to land Johnson lll.

IMO we need to make this more of an event.
I couldn't help but notice the lack of excitement last night. I think the next phase of the program is to maintain the workmanlike ethos and approach to mastery of the game, while having some excitement and let loose type mentality at times. Nothing out of control. This is where old man Ferentz comes in to play. The program reflects it leader in many ways. He is older now and has less energy. He was never a rah rah hype man but there is a feeling of stagnation compared to early on in his tenure. I hope our next coach can integrate both things throughout his time coaching here.

Reactions: FrostFear
Right now something like 35 of the 104 offers we have out have committed somewhere. I think we are going to start seeing more offers go out and probably some pressure on the guys from the first wave to commit or get recruited over.

Oh no more offers going out. Is Iowa turning into ISU? Jebus

I'm not even 100% what your going for? Its likely the first siftting has already happened and now we will see a 2nd set of offers go out along with solidifying the first wave. That's to be expected from everyone.

As a follow up, happening.

Check out @HawkeyeFootball’s Tweet:

I think the staff need to go ahead and offer Waid now. Make that impression with his first major offer! See if we can't get him to join the class and have a very solid qb to push the other guys and if necessary be the starter if Petras doesn't pan out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT