ADVERTISEMENT

Majority say they're open to re-electing Trump

Put me in the category of I will be happy when my insurance costs me the same as it does members of Congress. And if people are happy about the cost of their meds in the US then they are stupid.

Winning plan that, telling voters they are stupid.

I'm not saying whether people should be happy with their healthcare or not. Or happy with the economy or not. I'm just saying that they are.

And if the Democratic strategy is to say "We're going to take these things that you are happy with and tear them up by the girders and burn them to the ground and build an entirely new system of our own design because we know better than you"...well, good luck with that folks.

Personally, I think it's insane given all the ways Trump is vulnerable, from muddled and embarrassing foreign policy, to America's standing in the world, to his extreme aversion to the truth, to tariffs, to his conflicts of interest, his demeanor and rhetoric...but by all means, run on dismantling the economy and private healthcare.

Winning plan that, telling voters they are stupid.

I'm not saying whether people should be happy with their healthcare or not. Or happy with the economy or not. I'm just saying that they are.

And if the Democratic strategy is to say "We're going to take these things that you are happy with and tear them up by the girders and burn them to the ground and build an entirely new system of our own design because we know better than you"...well, good luck with that folks.

Personally, I think it's insane given all the ways Trump is vulnerable, from muddled and embarrassing foreign policy, to America's standing in the world, to his extreme aversion to the truth, to tariffs, to his conflicts of interest, his demeanor and rhetoric...but by all means, run on dismantling the economy and private healthcare.
Voters who vote for people like Donald Trump or Steve King are stupid. They are going to vote stupidity no matter what I tell them.

DRINK!
drink-me-life-more-fun.gif

Wood

I'm going to open a can of worms, but the preexisting condition clause is a tug on heart strings that is dumber than hell.
I don't want to get into long winded battles, but when people can go without buying insurance and then purchase it when they are ill, it's a slap in the face to those of us who pay.

And yes, there are restrictions to limit this. There are also cases that are beyond a person's control. But frankly, it's like a dumb ass who doesn't buy insurance on their home and expects people to help them when they cry on the news that they didn't have insurance. It just doesn't set well with me.
Going without health insurance is very risky, but even if you have health insurance all your life when you discover a serious health problem insurance companies start punishing you. Premiums go up and without the preexisting condition mandate options go down. Opponents of the ACA were concerned about death panels, but death panels were already in place by forcing seriously ill patients to choose between paying ridiculously high premiums or declining treatment.

anyone who cares at all about the future of our nation and that of the world at large will forever be appalled at the number of treasonous Americans who voted for and support an unqualified and unfit charlatan to be President of the United States. History will not judge them well.
Drink

I won’t say you are entirely wrong about rates, but there is substantial complexity to the answer. Also, don’t forget about portability of insurance products. That has existed for sometime.

Basically, everyone needs to pay premiums toward insurance in someway. That creates the largest possible pool. What aggravates me is the people who do not participate in a pool, then when they become ill they expect pre-existing conditions to be covered so those of us who have made lifelong contributions now have to support their incompetent asses.

There are instances where pre-existing conditions should be covered. But not many. I really don’t have very much sympathy for people who don’t have the wisdom to take care of them selves.

The only way to rectify this problem is legislating mandatory health insurance. So, there goes another freedom.
The most important part of ACA was the individual mandate. That eliminated the option to go without insurance until you needed it. The mandate was also one of the Republicans biggest problems with ACA so they repealed it as of 2019. The portabilty of insurance doesn't do much good when you can't afford to keep it.

As I explained to you in a thread a while ago, I taught 34 years in a very small school district with around 500 enrollment PK-12. We had 4 or 5 teachers who have very bad cases of cancer during my career. Only 1 had been a smoker and the rest were normal weight people with no bad habits that contributed to their illnesses. Every time one of our staff would experience a health crisis our insurance premiums would rise. Our district would try to get other insurance companies to give us quotes, but they would either be higher or offer less. We were stuck with constantly raising our deductibles as well as paying higher premiums. I was co head negotiator of the teachers association my final few years of teaching. Even though most of those with high risk illnesses had either passed away or retired and our staff was younger our premiums never went down. The last contract I helped negotiate for was 2016-17 and our district was paying $12072 per year toward a $5000 deductible single insurance policy per teacher. As you can imagine those high insurance costs reduced the amount our district could afford to put toward teacher salaries.

The state should step in and combine all teachers/school employees/state workers into one pool for insurance purposes.

Seems to be an obvious thing to do.

Once you do this you open it up to cities/towns.

The individual school districts can decide on how much the district/ teachers would pay.

Heck after you get this rolling allow private companies to use the negotiated premiums.

So here's a question I've always wondered as long as we're talking about insurance. Why can't anything be a pool? Why does it have to be an office?

Why can't it be our church, with 4000 families? Or our boy scout troop with 100? Or our subdivision?

Why are we stuck with it being companies? I've never worked in a company with more than 30 employees. My current company, at 46 I'm like the third youngest, and our insurance is insane.

Why can't any organization be an insurance pool?

So here's a question I've always wondered as long as we're talking about insurance. Why can't anything be a pool? Why does it have to be an office?

Why can't it be our church, with 4000 families? Or our boy scout troop with 100? Or our subdivision?

Why are we stuck with it being companies? I've never worked in a company with more than 30 employees. My current company, at 46 I'm like the third youngest, and our insurance is insane.

Why can't any organization be an insurance pool?

There are other pools - primarily professional organizations, like ABA. But most of the examples you provided do not have the structure to manage insurance.

There are other pools - primarily professional organizations, like ABA. But most of the examples you provided do not have the structure to manage insurance.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but my last two companies had fewer than 20 people. The office manager got new quotes whenever they needed to, handled the paperwork, but there wasn't really any structure in place or anyone dedicated to managing it all the time.

It's possible I'm using the wrong term in "pool"...I just basically mean why can't my church call a business insurance agent like my company does and get a plan, presumably with a much better rate due to many more participants and a broader range of ages and health statuses. That's basically all my companies have done.

The Democrats really have to impress in these debates
I’m stuck on if I should support the candidate who want to raise income taxes to 70%, the candidate who wants to implement a wealth tax of 2%, or the candidate who wants to take over half my assets after I die.

And those are their “mainstream” options...

I have decided I don't give a s---t now.

I'm upper middle class and white, so Trump is going to be fine for me and my family. If everyone else is cool with rampant corruption and having an amoral, proudly ignorant piece of self-absorbed crap as the figurehead of America, so be it. Maybe it's the leader we deserve.
GDFFY!

I'm not saying you're wrong, but my last two companies had fewer than 20 people. The office manager got new quotes whenever they needed to, handled the paperwork, but there wasn't really any structure in place or anyone dedicated to managing it all the time.

It's possible I'm using the wrong term in "pool"...I just basically mean why can't my church call a business insurance agent like my company does and get a plan, presumably with a much better rate due to many more participants and a broader range of ages and health statuses. That's basically all my companies have done.

In principle I totally agree with you. This is why I won't back anything the republicans say about free market and insurance. If it were possible, it would have already been done. Your idea is simple and should be able to make money. However, the idea of a free market in health care is a fallacy. Too many regulations, etc. Then people will argue the dems stand in the way. To which I argue he Cons controlled the Congress and Oval Office.

Sad, pathetic and wrong, but continue in your willful ignorance. Future generations will suffer for your irresponsibility.
Hey ciggy, you keep hiding in your bunker and counting down the end of the days and I will keep enjoying life and smiling every time one of your doomsday prophet’s predictions comes and goes. Between predictions of ice ages, end of the world, or Al Gore’s prediction in 2006 that in 10 years the planet would be a frying pan, I forget what the current fear is??? Al Gore does thank you for helping his net worth grow from $1.7 million as VP to over $300 million today. Isn’t it good to know you helped somebody?

Hey ciggy, you keep hiding in your bunker and counting down the end of the days and I will keep enjoying life and smiling every time one of your doomsday prophet’s predictions comes and goes. Between predictions of ice ages, end of the world, or Al Gore’s prediction in 2006 that in 10 years the planet would be a frying pan, I forget what the current fear is??? Al Gore does thank you for helping his net worth grow from $1.7 million as VP to over $300 million today. Isn’t it good to know you helped somebody?
You sure seem like a smiling happy person.

I have decided I don't give a s---t now.

I'm upper middle class and white, so Trump is going to be fine for me and my family. If everyone else is cool with rampant corruption and having an amoral, proudly ignorant piece of self-absorbed crap as the figurehead of America, so be it. Maybe it's the leader we deserve.

I'm cool with it.

America has been passing on electing good people to government in favor of corrupt sociopathic professional liars for atleast 40 years.

Its hilarious that you guys call Trump a scam artist while continuing to relecting the same liars to congress for the last twenty years who have done nothing to make anything better but their own net worth.

Atleast they talk nice on TV though.

Reactions: Hock-I
You are asking how a former United Sates Senator who headed up the Harvard Law Review is qualified compared to a draft-dodging real estate fraudster who sold shitty meat and hosted a cable game/reality show?

LO flippin L.
A first term Senator who had accomplished nothing and the Harvard Law Revue bfd he was one of the worst POTUSs ever.

Reactions: hawkguy77
A first term Senator who had accomplished nothing and the Harvard Law Revue bfd he was one of the worst POTUSs ever.
Becoming a US Senator, going to Harvard Law and being named editor of the law revue is more accomplishment than 99.9 percent of any American has accomplished.

Certainly far more impressive and accomplished than pissing away your dad's money, multiple bankruptcies, shitty reality TV and aligning yourself with grifters as our current POTUS is.

It is going to be awesome reading history books 20-30-40 years from now when Trump will be remembered as the biggest embarrassment in American history and Obama will be recognized as a fantastic two-term president.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Becoming a US Senator, going to Harvard Law and being named editor of the law revue is more accomplishment than 99.9 percent of any American has accomplished.

Certainly far more impressive and accomplished than pissing away your dad's money, multiple bankruptcies, shitty reality TV and aligning yourself with grifters as our current POTUS is.

It is going to be awesome reading history books 20-30-40 years from now when Trump will be remembered as the biggest embarrassment in American history and Obama will be recognized as a fantastic two-term president.
I remember my first beer.

Trump's got a terrible loop in his swing. Please take this down. I just can't watch a loop. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
The loop of the loop shows me one thing....the Prez plays lots of golf! There is nothing wrong with that, either....just an observation. Technically, he isn’t real sound swing-wise. His deficiencies are certainly correctable but that would mean he would have to listen to someone....and we all know, that ain’t happening.

The most important part of ACA was the individual mandate. That eliminated the option to go without insurance until you needed it. The mandate was also one of the Republicans biggest problems with ACA so they repealed it as of 2019. The portabilty of insurance doesn't do much good when you can't afford to keep it.

As I explained to you in a thread a while ago, I taught 34 years in a very small school district with around 500 enrollment PK-12. We had 4 or 5 teachers who have very bad cases of cancer during my career. Only 1 had been a smoker and the rest were normal weight people with no bad habits that contributed to their illnesses. Every time one of our staff would experience a health crisis our insurance premiums would rise. Our district would try to get other insurance companies to give us quotes, but they would either be higher or offer less. We were stuck with constantly raising our deductibles as well as paying higher premiums. I was co head negotiator of the teachers association my final few years of teaching. Even though most of those with high risk illnesses had either passed away or retired and our staff was younger our premiums never went down. The last contract I helped negotiate for was 2016-17 and our district was paying $12072 per year toward a $5000 deductible single insurance policy per teacher. As you can imagine those high insurance costs reduced the amount our district could afford to put toward teacher salaries.
I honestly believe that some sort of modified MedicCare for all system is the solution. And like MediCare, supplemental policies would be available from private vendors. Those who get insurance thru work could still have their basic plan and select from a number of supplemental paid for or partially paid for by their employers....For me it is a pretty easy solution. I understand it is a complex problem. It doesn’t need to be clouded any more by arguments such as “can I keep my doctor”....

Reactions: gohawks50
[QUOTE="joelbc1, post: 6549487, member: 9268". It doesn’t need to be clouded any more by arguments such as “can I keep my doctor”....[/QUOTE]

Who promised that Joel?

But Obama sounded nice when he talked and that's what matters.

Never before has someone spoke in platitudes with such elegance.

Actually, it's not what matters, it's what's expected, but results are what matters. Trump is a douche-bag, but if the economy continues to soar, unemployment stays down, etc., I might actually vote for that blow hard for the first time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT