ADVERTISEMENT

Make Way for the Senator from Blackwater

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Erik Prince, founder of the now-defunct private mercenary firm Blackwater, is preparing a challenge against Wyoming Republican Senator John Barrasso in next year’s primary election. Prince was reportedly urged to run by Steve Bannon, Donald Trump’s former chief strategist and editor of the far-right news site Breitbart. Prince has financial support from New York hedge fund manager and billionaire Robert Mercer and his daughter Rebekah, who are heavily invested in Breitbart and funded Donald Trump’s campaign. Prince recently made headlines when the White House indicated it was considering his plan to appoint a U.S. “viceroy” in Afghanistan while privatizing much of the war effort.

You do realize once you have graduated from college you can go to officers school right? I had a few buddies do it.

The term Commissioned Officer generally refers to members of the Navy or Navy Reserve who have a degree from a four-year college or university as a minimum educational requirement and have gone through Officer Training (there are exceptions to the degree requirement based on extensive service experience).

You do realize once you have graduated from college you can go to officers school right? I had a few buddies do it.

The term Commissioned Officer generally refers to members of the Navy or Navy Reserve who have a degree from a four-year college or university as a minimum educational requirement and have gone through Officer Training (there are exceptions to the degree requirement based on extensive service experience).

They still choose who they give commissions to. The guy failed at the academy, yet they still wanted him as an officer? He was connected. Same reason he got a chance at SEAL training.

Now making it through is an accomplishment he earned, but his road to being an officer came from his privilige.

Reactions: BelemNole
Dude we all could have been officers after we graduated from IOWA .
It's not hard you are way off on that part. You can hate the guy for whatever reason but getting commissioned is pretty easy. Especially back then. Like I said I had a few friends do and they were far from rich. All of them liked it except the guy who went to the Marines.

Dude we all could have been officers after we graduated from IOWA .
It's not hard you are way off on that part. You can hate the guy for whatever reason but getting commissioned is pretty easy. Especially back then. Like I said I had a few friends do and they were far from rich. All of them liked it except the guy who went to the Marines.

I don’t think it’s generally hard. I think leaving the Academy is a giant red flag for an OCS board.

Reactions: BelemNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT