ADVERTISEMENT

Making the case for "rehabilitating" GOP voters caught in the cult of MAGA

Gotta love it. It's the Democrats fault idiot Republicans (but I repeat myself) keep supporting trump and will nominate him again as their candidate for POTUS, despite multiple ongoing trials.
Yep that's exactly what I said. SMH

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
Yeah - the quote “it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” is a starting point to the base reason: human personality often dictates we do not like to admit we have been tricked / rooked / taken advantage of.

But this MAGA thing is at a whole other level because it is not one thing but just about everything. Their entire conspiracy and aggrieved based reality AND their rewritten history they also believe is all a massive con. Many of them have invested so much time and money even and have been in this rabbit hole for 10 plus years. For these people, there just will never be a reckoning of how they have been used. It would be too hard a thing to admit to their psyche. Which is why you see these bizarre tearful MAGA break downs online as their reality is falling apart.

I'd be curious to hear what the author thinks a post-MAGA conservative party looks like and what are they for?

If they're not doing culture wars, grievances and conspiracies, what are they doing and will people be interested?

All the MAGA stuff that they're doing now is engaging, they're warriors in a fight, good against evil, there's always some existential crisis that the Democrats/Marxists/Communists have done that needs to be fought back against. America is being destroyed. Patriots need to stand up!

Reducing spending, addressing social security, participating in a normal/functional government, thoughtful and measured response to climate change? All that probably seems pretty boring after years of letting their imagination run wild.

I would love to see it, but the prospect seems so far away that it's hard to imagine.

I read where the DNC plans to have Biden revert to using MAGA when speaking of every Republican candidate, so it’s not surprising to see it magically pop up on here.
Estimates say that up to a third of those who vote Republican identify as Trump supporters and if that’s the case and they hold to it then the Republicans must sway independents and some Dems who see the unsuitability of Biden for four more years.
Trump cannot win and should not win. He shouldn’t even be running. There is a “type” who only want to vote for him and once he’s gone they may be a group who drops off and doesn’t bother to vote period.

I’ll say it again; NEITHER TRUMP NOR BIDEN SHOULD BE PRESIDENT IN 2025.

I read where the DNC plans to have Biden revert to using MAGA when speaking of every Republican candidate, so it’s not surprising to see it magically pop up on here.
Estimates say that up to a third of those who vote Republican identify as Trump supporters and if that’s the case and they hold to it then the Republicans must sway independents and some Dems who see the unsuitability of Biden for four more years.
Trump cannot win and should not win. He shouldn’t even be running. There is a “type” who only want to vote for him and once he’s gone they may be a group who drops off and doesn’t bother to vote period.

I’ll say it again; NEITHER TRUMP NOR BIDEN SHOULD BE PRESIDENT IN 2025.
It is not up to a third of Republicans support Trump. He is polling mid 50s in the Republican primary and it is going up. And even more sad, is most of the other 45 percent will vote for him in general.

I've been getting mocked this week by saying we have to bring them back to the table. We can't live fractured for the next 50 years. Educate them, be nice to them, let them be assholes. Kill them with kindness

It's hilarious to see some of the most notorious right wingers on here claim that the Democrats are trying to make Trump the republican candidate while also whining incessantly about the Democrats pursuing Trump on criminal charges.

The Democrats are the group trying to protect the country from Trump. The republicans continue to support him.

Again....how am I supposed to quote from a thread that was deleted?

No lefty on this board, yourself included, is ever going to acknowledge that such a thread existed. In fact, they will vehemently deny it. It's "1984".

Refusing to admit the thread existed doesn't erase the fact that it did.
Surely they were so egregious you could paraphrase and remember exactly who said them.

I'd be curious to hear what the author thinks a post-MAGA conservative party looks like and what are they for?

If they're not doing culture wars, grievances and conspiracies, what are they doing and will people be interested?

All the MAGA stuff that they're doing now is engaging, they're warriors in a fight, good against evil, there's always some existential crisis that the Democrats/Marxists/Communists have done that needs to be fought back against. America is being destroyed. Patriots need to stand up!

Reducing spending, addressing social security, participating in a normal/functional government, thoughtful and measured response to climate change? All that probably seems pretty boring after years of letting their imagination run wild.

I would love to see it, but the prospect seems so far away that it's hard to imagine.
It may not have been front and center, but culture war BS and grievance politics was a large part of the Republican platform long before Trump. He must made it the focus. And there's enough rubes scared of their own shadows in this country that it was effective.

Surely they were so egregious you could paraphrase and remember exactly who said them.
I already paraphrased. Sorry, but I am not going to remember exactly who said what from a thread 2+ years ago. And neither would you.

Look.... I can believe that you either didn't see or don't remember it. A lot of posters could legitimately say that. It didn't last very long due to the fact a couple of posters were advocating killing Republicans. That was a no-no back then. That type of thing got threads deleted and people banned. But there WAS a thread about rounding up Republican's and putting them in camps, and there WERE a couple of posters that advocated killing them.

Believe me or don't....I don't care. That doesn't change the fact that such a thread did exist.

I'll always remember 83hawk for his covid hysteria. We should have about 7 years left of economic depression according to his meltdown predictions back in 2020.

Which is why I always get a laugh when he tries to present himself as a reasonable poster, somehow above crazy and emotional libs.

A related issue is the long-term effect of evangelicals anointing Trump as their holy warrior-king. This will accelerate the long-term trend of the young and educated fleeing churches.

I lean toward agnosticism, so I theoretically don’t have a horse in this race. But this trend bothers me. Churches are increasingly dominated by imbecilic conspiracy theorists and fanatics who see everything as a JRR Tolkienesque Manichean holy war between Good (them) and Evil (people who disagree with them).

You’ve become a parody of yourself. I doubt you even know what the Khmer
Rouge, Marxist, or Commies even means. No Democrats in Congress meet that definition.
I’d say that there are terms thrown about by all sorts of people on this board who don’t know what they don’t know.

It is not up to a third of Republicans support Trump. He is polling mid 50s in the Republican primary and it is going up. And even more sad, is most of the other 45 percent will vote for him in general.

Yep, all but a few percentage points will vote for Cheeto once again. As is the refrain on this board, they have no choice

There are going to be a statistically infinitesimal amount of democrats who will cross over to vote for trump in the primaries. Your party made him and owns him. You trying to push blame on Democrats for your continued support of the conman is pathetic.
"would also help"

reading is fundamental don't ya think doc

This will not end. It will only get worse. People believe Maui was done by a space laser. The Internet will make it worse and worse and worse

Reactions: eb05
Yeah - the quote “it’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” is a starting point to the base reason: human personality often dictates we do not like to admit we have been tricked / rooked / taken advantage of.

But this MAGA thing is at a whole other level because it is not one thing but just about everything. Their entire conspiracy and aggrieved based reality AND their rewritten history they also believe is all a massive con. Many of them have invested so much time and money even and have been in this rabbit hole for 10 plus years. For these people, there just will never be a reckoning of how they have been used. It would be too hard a thing to admit to their psyche. Which is why you see these bizarre tearful MAGA break downs online as their reality is falling apart.

The sad thing is, in my opinion, those of us on the left have been spot on about Trump and MAGA since it began. We told them precisely what he was and what he and his cronies were doing. Will they learn to listen to us? Nope. They will just switch their allegiance to the next Republican to lead the party. We were right about Trump, we're right about the authoritarianism their leaders want, and we will be right about the next guy.

Like you're saying, they can't handle admitting they were wrong, people like chis was right, and give the Democrats a shot. They 100% will move to DeSantis or the next Republican clown who wouldn't stand up to rapist grifter conman because they were cowards. They'll go from one coward to the next one. THAT is the most frustrating thing. None of these guys, or a board lady, will tell us, "You guys were right." They're incapable of admitting it.

f24fe54c20b632b109f1116a8a9e1e28de1df0608b8dce8230c323288c8af33a.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I've been getting mocked this week by saying we have to bring them back to the table. We can't live fractured for the next 50 years. Educate them, be nice to them, let them be assholes. Kill them with kindness
Condescension is surely a winning strategy.

Naw just addressing that rotten bitch properly. You trying to **** her?
How do you know she's rotten, Ronni? Did she hurt your wittle feelers on some idiotic message board? I realize this is one of your only life outlets, but come on, it's not like she laughed at your beer gut in the real world!

How do you know she's rotten, Ronni? Did she hurt your wittle feelers on some idiotic message board? I realize this is one of your only life outlets, but come on, it's not like she laughed at your beer gut in the real world!
Because she’s a bigot and MAGA worshipper.

She’s trash and should be discarded.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT