ADVERTISEMENT

Man, it must be nice...

HawkBall23

HB Legend
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2001
to get an opening round game at home, and then only have to travel a few miles down the road for your 2nd round - as the "underdog".

And I agree with Doug Gottlieb. The right call is to not call a foul at the end, on that contested jumper, but it usually is. I just think Boise got a raw deal here. Could say Providence will be getting one as well, on Friday.

Congrats for coming back & taking advantage of your situation, Dayton.... I guess?

Got a kick out of the player afterwards saying this is our house. Yes thank you for reminding us that you played a home game and beat Boise State in a game where you were favored. It's not like they just shocked the world.

They shouldn't have been in the play-in game anyway. I thought Indiana should have been there instead of Dayton.

Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
UCLA should've been in Dayton.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I retract my Indiana suggestion. UCLA was a better suggestion.

I think the Play In games shouldn't have any conference champions or conference tourney champions. It should be all for bubble teams.

Well the next team in would've been Colorado State and they're being dominated at home by South Dakota State right now

You never know in this tournament. Wasn't it 4 years ago that Jay Bilas went off about how VCU in the tournament was an embarrassment and they didn't belong there. They ended up in the Final 4. He never would admit he was wrong.

All these experts are just ego maniacs that love to hear themselves talk. UCLA could end up in the final 4.

Well the next team in would've been Colorado State and they're being dominated at home by South Dakota State right now

I don't think you can take much from that....CSU's players had to be totally deflated from the snub. I still think they deserved a bid over UCLA.

Originally posted by HawkBall23:
to get an opening round game at home, and then only have to travel a few miles down the road for your 2nd round - as the "underdog".

And I agree with Doug Gottlieb. The right call is to not call a foul at the end, on that contested jumper, but it usually is. I just think Boise got a raw deal here. Could say Providence will be getting one as well, on Friday.

Congrats for coming back & taking advantage of your situation, Dayton.... I guess?
Yeah, his comment that that is never not a foul made me cry, as RDM would definitely disagree. (MSU BTT)

Originally posted by binsfeldcyhawk2:

I don't think you can take much from that....CSU's players had to be totally deflated from the snub. I still think they deserved a bid over UCLA.
That's just an excuse. South Dakota State was upset by 1 in the finals of their conference tournament. They seemed to got over it.

Originally posted by rillo 62:

Originally posted by binsfeldcyhawk2:

That's just an excuse. South Dakota State was upset by 1 in the finals of their conference tournament. They seemed to got over it.
To be fair, it was also their first post season win in school history according to their coach.

I don't care if CSU is deflated, that's their problem. They just confirmed all suspicions about them not being in the tournament.

I play ball with a few of CSU's players. Trust me, they were not into this game. They had a selection show party at a local bar and at the last minute the team decided to watch Selection Show in private. Eustachy must've known something was up. They should've been in. I don't care about last night's results.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT