ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Perry leaving?

I don't understand him leaving to be an assistant unless ASU opened up the checkbook. interested to see what this looks like

I hope it’s all a false rumor but a random facebooker is claiming the girls are going with him. I really hope this isn’t true.

I hope it’s all a false rumor but a random facebooker is claiming the girls are going with him. I really hope this isn’t true.
Man, I am really hoping the whole Perry thing isn't true, and really hoping that the women don't go with him if it is true. They have all said how much they love Iowa so I am questioning that one.

If true, that would be a very interesting move. I don't imagine Beaver RTC is flush with cash to pay wrestlers, but maybe I am just hoping this isn't true. I liked Iowa being at the forefront of women's wrestling.

this might be the first blow of the revenue crisis that the Covid-19 / missing NCAA tourney money caused. Its going to get worse I'm afraid.

Or is the HWC private funded?

ASU really seems to struggle with recruiting. After their first big haul, they have been dismal in the recruiting world. Mark Perry is the guy that can change that.

this might be the first blow of the revenue crisis that the Covid-19 / missing NCAA tourney money caused. Its going to get worse I'm afraid.

Or is the HWC private funded?

The HWC is of course privately funded.

However, that does not make the HWC immune to the current economic issues. We’re down 16,000,000 jobs and revenues are down across most all sectors. Funding no doubt is a stretch right now as people have bigger concerns than the HWC.

It would be no surprise if the women’s program and even Perry’s departure were budget related. Tough times, folks.

This isn’t making ANY sense.

Given the current economic climate I don’t know how one can make that claim. That said, hoping some elements to the rumor aren’t true. But if they were it wouldn’t be surprising that tough decisions had to be made.

If true about Perry and the female members leaving, should we expect to see some mens team members leave as well?

Given the current economic climate I don’t know how one can make that claim. That said, hoping some elements to the rumor aren’t true. But if they were it wouldn’t be surprising that tough decisions had to be made.

Well. How could an ASU suddenly afford Perry and the girls given the current economic climate? There’s a way I could make that claim. No?

If the problem is funding and they’re really cutting the women’s program than our boosters suck. They’re just going to let the top women’s wrestling club in the country die?

I know 100% that every member of this board if we had the money would step in and save the club.

Reactions: crablegs1
Perry's always been a bit of a nomad and seems to need to change his zip code every few years. It's what brought him here in the first place.
Wonder if now is the time we see the transition of Terry over to hwc and someone like Matt McD or Metcalf finds their way back to IC?

Reactions: wasdt21
Agree 100 … None of it makes sense … And if any of this is true … what a tremendous disappointment -- on several levels … If Iowa can't make this work … how in the hell can ASU do it?

The Sunkist Kids club is an absolute stalwart club for senior wrestlers and has been ever since I can remember. It’s one of the best supported clubs out there, right up there with Titan Mercury. I believe the main financial contributor is the guy who also brought ASU back from extinction. Sunkist being a better funded club isn’t a new thing. It is an endowed club.

If the problem is funding and they’re really cutting the women’s program than our boosters suck. They’re just going to let the top women’s wrestling club in the country die?

I know 100% that every member of this board if we had the money would step in and save the club.

Our boosters are likely taking major financial losses right now. Your comments are out of line.

The Sunkist Kids club is an absolute stalwart club for senior wrestlers and has been ever since I can remember. It’s one of the best supported clubs out there, right up there with Titan Mercury. I believe the main financial contributor is the guy who also brought ASU back from extinction. Sunkist being a better funded club isn’t a new thing. It is an endowed club.
Ahhh thanks for the information. I've definitely known the name for many, many years … just not the history … Thanks for the '101'

Reactions: SPOONER
Wonder what this means for Gilman? Seems like he is a perry guy. But he worships the brands too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT