ADVERTISEMENT

Matthew Stafford's wife is so over this living in a dictatorship because...masks

I thought she’d be hot. Disappointed
yeah gross, she's ugly.

40319-stafford-main.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of mandated shutdowns, either. I'd much rather people wore their masks, did their best to distance and carried these safeguards into social situations with friends and family, too. Be willing to sacrifice a bit to help keep the overall numbers down there's a vaccine with wide adoption.

However, if our state and local governments could put the partisanship aside just to deal with COVID fallout, that would be great. We could coordinate curfews and shut down orders with supplemental aid to help businesses get by and to help employees keep their lives together financially instead of forcing everyone to swim upstream to get by where businesses need to stay open to stay afloat and employees are at elevated risk while a lot of the customer base stays home by their own choice.

We need to either do or do not. If we do, we need to coordinate aid to support the forced closures so that people don't go broke and businesses don't go under. The problem with the way we've been doing it is that the shutdown and the aid are disconnected. This can lead to a cascading effect through the economy. Employees don't make wages/tips, owners don't make money. Business rent and home rent/mortgages don't get paid, now those property owners are hurting. It just keeps rolling through.

If we do not have shutdowns, then businesses are certainly at risk from reduced patronage, but they have the ability to get creative - entire movie theaters rented out to small groups for $100 or restaurants providing take-out/delivery cocktail kits, etc.

It's a mess, but our focus on having all of one side or all of the other is breaking everything down.

The plot twist if you’re a Democrat is awesome.

Stafford: “I’m tired of living in a dictatorship...”

Dem: “Yeah girl! Preach it!”

Stafford: “...in Michigan!”

Dem: “Wait what?”

• Haha
Reactions: DooBi and nu2u
The plot twist if you’re a Democrat is awesome.

Stafford: “I’m tired of living in a dictatorship...”

Dem: “Yeah girl! Preach it!”

Stafford: “...in Michigan!”

Dem: “Wait what?”
Spot on. If she says the word Trump instead of Michigan to describe the dictatorship she think shes living in every lib who has mocked her would be calling a hero. What a weird way to live life. What is even weirder is how many people who disagree with her then mock her because has had cancer or they think she is a gold digger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT