ADVERTISEMENT

McConnell Gets Key Vote Locked In For Justice

The fact that Dems are threatening Trump if he tries to perform one of the constitutional duties of his office, and promise retaliation if they don’t get their way, should demonstrate to all decent Americans what absolute scum the Dems are.

Court packing is as allowed as anything the Rs have done. Don’t cry when you burn. You asked for it.
The only thing that’ll burn if this happens is the country. Dems hate that Trump is gonna replace RBG but it’s allowed constitutionally and there is plenty of time based on historical precedent. After being impeached he is no longer obligated to rise above it all and show grace

Reactions: Speedway1
All the sh&t Trump and the GOP have pulled over the past 4 years, starting with the Garland fiasco, and you call potential Dem Court Packing as the tipping point? Good God.

GOP Speaker of the House Thomas Brackett Reed once famously said "The best system is to have one party govern and the other party watch." If Turtle Face and Co. pull this crap pushing a SCOTUS Justice through weeks prior to the Election, the Cons will be doing an awful lot of watching starting in Jan.
I don’t think this is correct. But let’s see how it works out for you in Nov. if you win, then the spoils belong to you. For now they belong to us.

The only thing that’ll burn if this happens is the country. Dems hate that Trump is gonna replace RBG but it’s allowed constitutionally and there is plenty of time based on historical precedent. After being impeached he is no longer obligated to rise above it all and show grace
Trump has never wanted what’s best for the country. He’s incapable of showing grace and dignity, just like the glee he and his supporters have shown over Ginsburg’s death. Trump and his supporters couldn’t be happier that she died while he was still in his reign of terror.

Trump has never wanted what’s best for the country. He’s incapable of showing grace and dignity, just like the glee he and his supporters have shown over Ginsburg’s death. Trump and his supporters couldn’t be happier that she died while he was still in his reign of terror.
I don’t think there is any glee in this. Certainly not from me. She was an incredible person and it just re-emphasizes that we all have a shirt time here to make our bark and she certainly did that. Pretty amazing on a lot of fronts. It wasn’t that long ago that a woman, particularly a Jewish one, stood no chance of a seat on the highest court.

I disagree with her politics wholeheartedly. I didn’t like many of the decisions she made. But it is her right to stand up for what she believes and she did do gracefully.

All that having been said, Trump gets his pick. It matters not who just left the seat, what her dying wish was by report(which I doubt) or how close to the election it is when the party of the president and the senate are the same. If they have the votes let’s move it forward.

Always defending Trump, aren’t you?
When his decisions align with mine yes.

I’m also a textualist. If the constitution allows it, no matter the assertions of the past, then I’m for it.

Always opposing Trump aren’t you?

I'm in the wait until after the election camp, but if RBG, Clinton and Biden said this then not sure what the complaints are about.
119768625_3437990559578068_433951583042402427_n.jpg

And Biden's qoute:
“I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process, as chairman — even a few months before a presidential election — if the nominee were chosen with the advice, and not merely the consent, of the Senate—just as the Constitution requires. There is no Biden rule. It doesn’t exist.”

- Joe Biden, 2016

CbIwcbvWIAEdDOn.png

That's the way it should be, that's the way we wished it was, but the Republicans changed the rules in 2016. Now they don't want to play by them. Typical. But whatever chance for reconciliation is gone after this. The only path now is one that will lead to the complete collapse of our Constitution. But Republicans won't accept any responsibility for that either. Like the attitude of a serial wife abuser, liberals are just supposed to take their beatings and like it.

He better have one helluva election rigging strategy then. Because if he has to depend on actual voters, he is getting buried.

You know that isn’t true. Hillary was ahead more at this time. Polls are already tightening. It’s a great thing so sit back and accept it.

You’re right, Trump is burning down the country. Vote to put a stop to this.

I don’t think there is any glee in this. Certainly not from me. She was an incredible person and it just re-emphasizes that we all have a shirt time here to make our bark and she certainly did that. Pretty amazing on a lot of fronts. It wasn’t that long ago that a woman, particularly a Jewish one, stood no chance of a seat on the highest court.

I disagree with her politics wholeheartedly. I didn’t like many of the decisions she made. But it is her right to stand up for what she believes and she did do gracefully.

All that having been said, Trump gets his pick. It matters not who just left the seat, what her dying wish was by report(which I doubt) or how close to the election it is when the party of the president and the senate are the same. If they have the votes let’s move it forward.
In reality, you’re a hypocrite.

Just keep looting, rioting and invading citizens personal space, that’ll change things for ya.

Are Dems blind to the fact that Americans sees what is coming and want to forestall it for as long as possible?

You just can’t contain that excitement over Ginsburg’s death, can you?

You’ve been hoping and praying she’d keel over during Trump’s reign, and Santa delivered your Christmas gift early. It’s unicorns and glitter for you right now.

You’re a sick bastard.
Well it is fun watching you Leftys heads explode.

I'm in the wait until after the election camp, but if RBG, Clinton and Biden said this then not sure what the complaints are about.
119768625_3437990559578068_433951583042402427_n.jpg

And Biden's qoute:
“I made it absolutely clear that I would go forward with the confirmation process, as chairman — even a few months before a presidential election — if the nominee were chosen with the advice, and not merely the consent, of the Senate—just as the Constitution requires. There is no Biden rule. It doesn’t exist.”

- Joe Biden, 2016

CbIwcbvWIAEdDOn.png

I used to think you were a solid poster, clearly I was wrong. If you use those quotes to justify this move then you are no better than the scumbags like Mitch and Lindsey who are actually doing it.

Reactions: mstp1992
Did you, or did you not, support Garland being afforded a confirmation hearing?
To be honest I must have had some shit going on at the time and wasn’t paying a ton of attention really. That’s not a dodge it’s just a fact.

I probably would have frankly. It is his right as the President. Though I don’t like Obama.

Reactions: mstp1992
To be honest I must have had some shit going on at the time and wasn’t paying a ton of attention really. That’s not a dodge it’s just a fact.

I probably would have frankly. It is his right as the President. Though I don’t like Obama.
Accepted. If Garland had been afforded a confirmation hearing, I would have no problem with Trump's nominee this time around. All I want is consistency from our leaders.

I used to think you were a solid poster, clearly I was wrong. If you use those quotes to justify this move then you are no better than the scumbags like Mitch and Lindsey who are actually doing it.
Justify this move? I said I was in the wait until after the election camp. Just didn't know why the Dems were flipping out when they felt the opposite way 4 years ago. I think both sides are out of their minds and do nothing but flip flop when it meets their needs.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Justify this move? I said I was in the wait until after the election camp. Just didn't know why the Dems were flipping out when they felt the opposite way 4 years ago. I think both sides are out of their minds and do nothing but flip flop when it meets their needs.

I stand by what I said. If you can’t see who is flip flopping then I can’t help you. Of course democrats are upset because a new precedent was set in 2016 and now the precedent is being changed when it would benefit them in 2020.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I stand by what I said. If you can’t see who is flip flopping then I can’t help you. Of course democrats are upset because a new precedent was set in 2016 and now the precedent is being changed when it would benefit them in 2020.
They won’t get it (or don’t want to). Hannity and FOX is masterful at spreading the narrative.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
So you're saying if the Dems felt that way in 16 they still shouldn't feel that way now? If that's how they felt in 16 and they feel differently now in 20 isn't that flip flopping? It's exactly what the Rep are doing.

So you're saying if the Dems felt that way in 16 they still shouldn't feel that way now? If that's how they felt in 16 and they feel differently now in 20 isn't that flip flopping? It's exactly what the Rep are doing.

Smh. Like I said, if you can’t grasp this then I can’t help ya.

We're basically at the logical and inevitable end point going back at least 25 years when it comes to Republican bad faith and bullshit. When it comes down to it, they have the power to do this, so F you. Democrats need to remember that, Republican blathering about the constitution, or rules or norms or whatever is all bullshit. They'll do whatever they can if they think they can get away with it.

It sounds like you're the one that is blinded by one side. They are BOTH doing the same thing. Both parties suck and only look out for their own agenda.

prec·e·dent
noun
an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

Do you actually understand what you wrote? It’s called being consistent. McConnell made the rules, now he’s changed.

I just want consistency from our leaders.

prec·e·dent
noun
an earlier event or action that is regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.
So since the republicans got their way in 16 ALL the Dems have now changed their mind on how they felt in 16?

Flip Flop noun
a sudden or unexpected reversal, as of direction, belief, attitude, or policy.

Do you actually understand what you wrote? It’s called being consistent. McConnell made the rules, now he’s changed.

I just want consistency from our leaders.
People do change their minds you know. Especially Politicians....both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT